Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Chase Gift Cards:
GAME OVER

We’re sorry, but we no longer offer Chase Gift Cards.

We will continue to honor current Chase Gift Cards. If you have a Chase Gift Card, you may continue to use it until the funds are depleted or upon card expiration.
If your existing Chase Gift Card has been damaged, lost or stolen, you can redeem the balance or get a replacement Card by calling us at
1-866-466-0079, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Use that number if you have questions about your existing Chase Gift Card.

www.chasewebgiftpurchase.com/index.cfm - [No longer working]

https://www.chase.com/online/Checking/gift-card.htm/ [No longer working as of 9/20/13]

$500 max value per card

Can be used as debit
Call # on card to set pin

There are some limitations to using gift cards as opposed to debit cards, but these are functioning very well as debit cards. So please follow the number one rule of manufactured spend: DON"T CALL THE BANKS.
Print Wikipost

Chase Gift Cards [Ending: 9.22.2013]

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2013, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
I used Chase gift cards today to both load bluebird and buy a money order at WM. No problems.
Old May 4, 2013, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by smitty06
I used Chase gift cards today to both load bluebird and buy a money order at WM. No problems.
Interesting but clearly good news. I tried to load my GoBank card via the kiosk and the load didn't go through. I didn't have time to try and purchase a money order so I will try tomorrow and report back.

On another note. I was able to load a MC gift at the kiosk that I haven't been able to load at the register today. So if you can't load at one, it is worth trying the other.
Old May 4, 2013, 10:37 pm

Programs: American Airlaines, Delta SkyMiles, United, BA, HH, Marriott, SPG, Priority Club
http://thepointstraveler.com/chase-i...ured-spending/

http://thepointstraveler.com/follow-...sa-gift-cards/
Old May 5, 2013, 5:31 am

Just about to complete the transaction and cancelled. Not comfortable giving my Social Security and Birthdate to a 3rd party to buy the GC
Old May 5, 2013, 7:47 pm

I went back today and was able to load my GoBank account at the register. I guess the kiosk doesn't like the Chase card.
Old May 7, 2013, 3:01 pm

sorry for the lame question but...

filling in the recipient name is mandatory online. what is everyone doing there?

putting one's own name seems red flag worthy, so i imagine putting someone else's name is the right approach. HOWEVER, they require the person's phone number for some reason, so that complicates it a bit. chase knows all my phone numbers, so that won't work.
Old May 7, 2013, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical

filling in the recipient name is mandatory online. what is everyone doing there?

putting one's own name seems red flag worthy, so i imagine putting someone else's name is the right approach. HOWEVER, they require the person's phone number for some reason, so that complicates it a bit. chase knows all my phone numbers, so that won't work.
I put my wife's name.
Old May 7, 2013, 11:08 pm

I use my own name, and have had no issues (yet) on close to $10K of GC purchases.
Old May 7, 2013, 11:11 pm

Why is that a red flag? I did it on all of my orders. All sorts of reasons a person would buy GCs for themselves. And it's not like anyone ever calls

Originally Posted by hawkandhoo
I use my own name, and have had no issues (yet) on close to $10K of GC purchases.
Same here also use my own name with no issues. I've ordered 1.5k so far.

Originally Posted by Corridor!
I went back today and was able to load my GoBank account at the register. I guess the kiosk doesn't like the Chase card.
Kiosk likes the Chase gc just fine...
Old May 7, 2013, 11:12 pm

This sucks. I live in one of the states that can't purchase GCs.
Old May 8, 2013, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by dogbyte
This sucks. I live in one of the states that can't purchase GCs.
Same.
Old May 8, 2013, 2:34 am

thanks for all the replies. perhaps i'm a bit paranoid after some pretty high spend over the past 3 months. i think i'll avoid the hassle of a third party and do my own name as well...
Old May 8, 2013, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by farwest101
Kiosk likes the Chase gc just fine...
Looks like I need to have a talk with my kiosk!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.