Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2013, 3:46 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
I haven't stopped by for awhile. Sounds like I haven't missed anything.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
If the OP is following the process correctly (and accurately stating only prepaid debit cards vs Vanilla Gift Cards were removed), this should have no impact.
Only the AmEx and Visa prepaid credit cards have been removed. AmEx and Visa GIFT cards remain.

I'm still about two weeks away from being able to personally test if AmEx/Visa GC work for VR, but I'll take bocastephen's word for it. Thanks for the info.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Originally Posted by philemer
Just arrived in Lihue, Kauai & found no VR at the local Long's Drugs (owned by CVS). Well, I guess I'll console myself with a swim in the ocean.
I'm in Waikiki for a few days. Drove up to Haliwa and the Longs there has stacks of them.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 4:36 pm

Programs: BAEC, A*A, SW RR
Originally Posted by beachmiles
I haven't stopped by for awhile. Sounds like I haven't missed anything.
Yep, that's about right
Old Jan 18, 2013, 5:13 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by SGJazz
I'm in Waikiki for a few days. Drove up to Haliwa and the Longs there has stacks of them.
Note to self: One more reason to visit Hawaii (like I needed another...).
Old Jan 18, 2013, 5:41 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
OD in Indy had VR cards today,
Old Jan 18, 2013, 5:47 pm
k2o

Programs: UA 1K, DL Dia.,AA Plat, Hilton Dia,Bonvoy T
Originally Posted by satman40
VR as in reload or just vanilla gcs? Local OD here sells the Am Ex pp's but no VRs.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 6:00 pm
jk2

Today my "secret" WG store has stopped to accept CC as payment for VR. Now it displays "Cash only for this item". Three days ago there were no such message. So, now WGs are out, will concentrate on CVS. My advice for those folks who know WG stores that accept CCs for VRs - buy them asap, since in few days every WG store will be "cash only" for ice cream.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 6:15 pm

Ones that you were able to purchase and load onto BB or similar?
Old Jan 18, 2013, 6:54 pm

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
There are a few ODs that have VRs. But they are old stock that cannot be bought. Some can still be found on the racks. I've talked to more than one person who has recently found them .. they took them to the register and tried to buy them. They ARE NO LONGER FOR SALE at OD even if they are found on the rack.

Try it yourself if you like.. but I can assure you VR's day is done at OD.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 7:37 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by mile ho
There are a few ODs that have VRs. But they are old stock that cannot be bought. Some can still be found on the racks. I've talked to more than one person who has recently found them .. they took them to the register and tried to buy them. They ARE NO LONGER FOR SALE at OD even if they are found on the rack.

Try it yourself if you like.. but I can assure you VR's day is done at OD.
These are the ones that a-holes hided.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HY Diamod, MR Gold, PCR Plat
Finally the payment of $2 showed on Jan. 14th. (7 days after the payment made).

Originally Posted by flyfire
I got the same issue with US Bank ClubCarlson. Finally, I setup a payee manually using the payment address from credit card statement and made a $2 payment. That was Jan. 6th. BB indicated that payment would be arrived at Jan. 10th. Now it's 3 business days later, US Bank website doesn't show any payment received yet.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 8:58 pm

F*** I just got back from my usual CVS place in NYC. I bought the last reload and asked if they had any more in the back. The cashier was extremely nice. dun dun dun....

She informed me that there are no more and there would be no more coming. (This CVS always restocked fast).

!!!!When I asked if I could obtain some at other stores. She told me her manager told her that CVS company-wide would no longer be carrying them. Please let this be an isolated incident. They aren't pulling them from the shelves, but can others find out if CVS will still be ordering more....
Old Jan 18, 2013, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
No trouble buying beans at C-V-S while visiting Pittsburgh. Almost all stores have them (except downtown, for some reason) and no problem buying on CC. Visiting from NYC, it's like paradise here.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by raghu455
My chase credit card payment has still not posted to my chase account despite it being 3rd business day. Mde payment on 15th and Amex said post date is 17th. But it is already 18th and it has still not posted.
I setup another $1 payment today by adding Amex centurion as my checking account in chase and paid using the account no in the direct deposit page. In parallel I also linked my chase checking account to bluebird and transferred $10 to my chase checking account. Hopefully at least one of these work.

Should I call Amex or chase to check on the initial 15th payment or wait few more days?
Dont worry. They will post and carry the date as promised by BB.

If you are so worried, set up a payment alert with AMEX and Chase (and even Citi if you have their cards).

AMEX will send you an alert on the morning the payment hits your AMEX account around 10am Mountain Time (seems like it is from Salt Lake), and usually no later than 11am Mountain Time, with the amount of payment.

Yet you will NOT see the posting until the next day because the posting is not done intra-day but after midnight of the day.

Chase will send you the same payment received alert but without details, either on the day the payment hit or the next day. On very rare occasion I actually see payment showed up intra-day in the Account Activity section but NOT reflected in the available balance as if no payment has not received but it is received. Wait till next day or day after, everything will show up and bears the date BB said they would arrive.

I have not seen a single electronic payment (ACH) failed to arrive the date BB promised.

However same can NOT be said for withdrawing money to your linked bank account - that is a total hit or miss between 3 to 5 business days. (BB said 3 to 5) Currently I have a $8 test withdrawal stuck in the pending stage for 3 days and then suddenly skipped the process and jumped to completed.

We will see whether it would show up on Tuesday (Monday is a bank holiday).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.