Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:07 am

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Royal Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat,Accor Plat, US Chairmans
Originally Posted by summersauce625
Some weird thing happened this morning after my attempt to make the purchase with my chase freedom. I got a call from chase fraud dept. asking me to verify some transactions. There's one in store purchase on my freedom this morning out of NY for $10, (i live in florida). So they said this transaction is very suspicious, and only the card number was correct; exp date and security code were wrong, so this transaction got declined. I am not sure whether this is purely coincidence that somebody tried to swipe my card this morning (right after my transaction at cvs got declined)..or is this something to do with my attempt purchase at cvs last night to get the $500 VR.

Also i asked CSR to confirm that the transaction should go through after i reply the fraud alert text msg. I should have gone back to CVS to make the purchase yesterday...but i figure i should just wait since i already purchased one with my UA explorer card... Now they are mailing me a new card. Any thoughts on my experience? do you think it's safe to use my freedom to buy VR in CVS again after i got my new card?

Thanks!
Did you happen to use Bluebird to pay off this account? I had posted a few pages back of something similar that happened to me once I loaded my account info on Bluebird to pay off accounts. Likewise another user chimed in and said the same thing. I have no proof it is connected to bluebird but since bluebird saves your creditcard # without censoring any of it, i feel employees there may have access to it without a valid exp and/or security code. But like others have posted, you may have a virus/trojan horse on your computer and may want to look into that. I still believe my experience was from some time of corruption within bluebird but I am still using their billpay system, albeit cautiously... just my 2 cents.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by katstarr
1. is there a distinct post on paying Chase CC bills with bb? anything to be wary of, or special way to do it? has anyone had problems doing this?

2. I see some discussions re: DD, particularly via PP. I assume this is to avoid wd fee? is there a post discussing how to set this up?

thanks.
1. I have not had any problems doing this. Just set up bill pay to Chase, and enter in your CC #.

2. DD every 30 days can help you to avoid w/d fees from moneypass ATMs. You need to get your account and routing #'s from BB by clicking on "setup direct deposit" in BB. Enter that info in PP when linking your BB to PP as a bank account.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dedkends
1. I have not had any problems doing this. Just set up bill pay to Chase, and enter in your CC #.

2. DD every 30 days can help you to avoid w/d fees from moneypass ATMs. You need to get your account and routing #'s from BB by clicking on "setup direct deposit" in BB. Enter that info in PP when linking your BB to PP as a bank account.
I am having trouble understanding why anyone would use BB with an atm, free or not, when you can transfer the entire amount to your checking acct for free?
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by teddy25
just got an email from Citi - they just added Groceries, Gas, Restaurants and Commuter Expenses to the 5% list for the first Quarter.

there is however a $300 cap on annual rebates
strange, i'm currently using my dividend for 5% back at drugstores this quarter.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by member7777
I am having trouble understanding why anyone would use BB with an atm, free or not, when you can transfer the entire amount to your checking acct for free?
Because I'd rather not give BB my checking account info, in case it decides it doesn't like the transfers. Since it can't do the same with my CC accounts, I'm not as concerned with putting those into the billpay. Also, my moneypass ATM and my physical bank are directly across the street from each other, so it isn't really inconvenient at all.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Because I'd rather not give BB my checking account info, in case it decides it doesn't like the transfers. Since it can't do the same with my CC accounts, I'm not as concerned with putting those into the billpay. Also, my moneypass ATM and my physical bank are directly across the street from each other, so it isn't really inconvenient at all.
What does that mean, in case it doesnt like the transfers? You think they like you draining 10x$400 at an ATM for free vs. 1x $4k on a transfer?
edit
and the beauty of handling 200 dirty $20s and punching all the flu ridden atm buttons
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by member7777
What does that mean, in case it doesnt like the transfers? You think they like you draining 10x$400 at an ATM for free vs. 1x $4k on a transfer?
Death by a thousand cuts my friend . Also, they can't claw back an ATM withdrawal. I just don't trust it enough at this point, though I've only done a handful of ATM withdrawals. Also, you can't transfer into foreign currency, but you can withdraw at an ATM and BB seems to have a very favorable setup for doing this @:-). I mostly billpay with BB so far.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:56 am

Programs: HHonors diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Silver
I did bill pay for my chase credit card and gave my credit card no in the account no field. I did it on 15th and it said it will post on the 17th but I still do not see any pending payments in my chase account? Does it generally take more than 2 business days to see the payment? Any way to confirm if Chase got the payment?
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by raghu455
I did bill pay for my chase credit card and gave my credit card no in the account no field. I did it on 15th and it said it will post on the 17th but I still do not see any pending payments in my chase account? Does it generally take more than 2 business days to see the payment? Any way to confirm if Chase got the payment?
The only (semi) constant is you better pay weeks in advance in case you get temporarily lost in the ethernet for awhile.
2 days meh, 7 days concern, 10 days call, 14 days its there
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:06 am

Programs: HHonors diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Silver
Payment date is 2 weeks out. I hope it posts by then. What is the typical post time for chase card bill pay via bluebird that you guys experienced?
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Death by a thousand cuts my friend . Also, they can't claw back an ATM withdrawal. I just don't trust it enough at this point, though I've only done a handful of ATM withdrawals. Also, you can't transfer into foreign currency, but you can withdraw at an ATM and BB seems to have a very favorable setup for doing this @:-). I mostly billpay with BB so far.
I don't blame you for instant drain, but really, if it takes 10 days to kill $4k you still are at risk far worse than a transfer, imho.
And I would like to see them claw back lol, I see no chance of that, ever.
"We took back the customers money because ...uh, uh, we didn't like his business practices?"
Shut down, torture, but not clawback, and Amex is interested in showing large numbers of accounts and deposits so they have a vested interest in us pumping their numbers full of hot air.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by dedkends

thank you so much!
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:25 am

Programs: AS - MVP75k, Marriott - Titanium, Hertz - PC
My experience has been that if it will "post" on the 17th, it will be the midnight at the end of the 17th, effectively making it the 18th.

This has been very consistent across my payments. Check back tomorrow, it will more than likely have posted (with a posting date of the 17th).

BTW - I also paid 2 Chase cards on the 15th (with a stated 17th posting date) and neither of mine have gone through yet.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by huynhc
Did you happen to use Bluebird to pay off this account? I had posted a few pages back of something similar that happened to me once I loaded my account info on Bluebird to pay off accounts. Likewise another user chimed in and said the same thing. I have no proof it is connected to bluebird but since bluebird saves your creditcard # without censoring any of it, i feel employees there may have access to it without a valid exp and/or security code. But like others have posted, you may have a virus/trojan horse on your computer and may want to look into that. I still believe my experience was from some time of corruption within bluebird but I am still using their billpay system, albeit cautiously... just my 2 cents.
Thanks!

No, i loaded my bluebird last night but havent set up any bill payment yet; this is a new card, so it was the first time i loaded money in. So i still have no clue why this happened
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:35 am

Each time I paid my Chase with BB it took 3 days

Payment date is 2 weeks out. I hope it posts by then. What is the typical post time for chase card bill pay via bluebird that you guys experienced?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.