Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2013, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by kdinino
Got it. The reference to AMEX through me off as there have been hundreds of AMEX branded My Vanilla cards at CVS, etc that I have seen. I am assuming this poster is referring to the card itself having an AMEX logo on it now?

Have yet to find an official bean at any San Diego location --racks always barren
Correct, card itself has a small Amex logo. Or it might not.

Seems California is very dry for this unfortunately, other than the greater LA area.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 4:37 pm

Location: Born and raised in South Carolina, now in New York City.
Just to be clear, and Sara's are better than Sarah's in every way!
Old Jan 4, 2013, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Got it. The reference to AMEX through me off as there have been hundreds of AMEX branded My Vanilla cards at CVS, etc that I have seen. I am assuming this poster is referring to the card itself having an AMEX logo on it now?

Have yet to find an official bean at any San Diego location --racks always barren
I did yesterday...see post #5509
Old Jan 4, 2013, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
Any PDX local have any idea where to find beans in the PDX area? No CVS around. All the Walgreens I have visited do not carry beans. No go at 7-11 too.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 5:02 pm

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
Originally Posted by groobie
I did yesterday...see post #5509
LOL, awesome work. I am laughing because the Table is south of Top Gun correct? (and a bit East)...Top Gun being site of the air show etc.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 5:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I saw the first VRs at Walgreens today - here in the home of Walgreens! Until now the Walgreens racks have been useless but will pay closer attention going forward.

Oh, for Chicago peeps, it was the Walgreens in Chinatown on Archer (across from Lao Sze Chuan, yum) and no Asian ladies were buying any. They were buying lots of other stuff though Didn't try to buy any as I got a tap on the shoulder from Chase yesterday checking in on me to make sure I was really buying the stuff that was showing up on my card and to remind me how "very rare the Chase Ink Bold" card is. Hmm.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MDWCommuter
I saw the first VRs at Walgreens today - here in the home of Walgreens! .
WG's HQ is in Deerfield. (and the employees are glad it's not in Chicago.)
Old Jan 4, 2013, 5:25 pm

This Asian lady thing is cracking me up. Right this minute, my partner - who, incidentally, is Chinese - is out buying beans. I'll report back if she says there were other Asian ladies in the store.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
LOL, awesome work. I am laughing because the Table is south of Top Gun correct? (and a bit East)...Top Gun being site of the air show etc.
Mira to the north...go Marauders!
Old Jan 4, 2013, 5:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sonofzeus
WG's HQ is in Deerfield. (and the employees are glad it's not in Chicago.)
Uh huh, but ask any of those Walgreens people where they live and....

Anyway, a little off topic, has anyone been to the Walgreens *palace* at Damen/North/Milwaukee in Wicker Park? They took an old bank and turned it into a Walgreens. Love the "vitamin vault" which is situated inside the old bank vault in the basement. Lots of fresh smoothies, baked goods, salads, and lunch stuff. Perfect if you take the Blue Line to work, unless you're only looking for VR -- of which they have none. Zero.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
Originally Posted by umc
It already hit NorCal in the Sacramento area. I am not able to buy any because apparently there are quite a few of us hunting for them in Sac. Yesterday I went to 4 different CVS stores, and they all run out of VR (empty hooks). An employee approached me and asked if I am looking for VR cards. I said yes. She said her store sold many VRs recently. I am a bit surprised because all 4 CVS stores I went to had empty hooks where the VR cards are supposed to be.
Any reports of availablity in SF Bay? I've to most of CVS in central Contra Costa county with no luck.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 7:11 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by Autolycus
I did two Walmart swipe reloads in December using my SkyMiles debit card (12/13 and 12/23). The miles have not posted to Delta yet. I haven't used that card for anything since the summer, so I can't really figure out whether the miles should/would have posted by now. Before I bother getting to a Walmart to do more reloads with that card--and wasting part of my $5k/month that I could put on a CC using beans--can someone confirm that the miles do post and give some idea of when they typically do? (i.e. about x days after purchase/BB reload, around the xth of each month, within x days of the statement cycle close, etc?)

Thanks in advance!
ST debit card miles typically post to DL on or about the 5th of the month. Maybe give it until Monday since the 5th is a weekend this month.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 7:33 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I told my Asian wife to go get another Vanilla Bean today. She ignored me and went to the mall! At least she worked on her shiny new Priority Club Visa It's ok....it is only the 4th of the month. Over the weekend I will take her to OD to buy some GCs...I will take care of those, having her do the GC to VR may be a bit much.

Has anyone else realized how accounting types do quite a bit of this?

stepping it up from race to occupation now
Old Jan 4, 2013, 7:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sbc94523
Any reports of availablity in SF Bay? I've to most of CVS in central Contra Costa county with no luck.
good luck with finding a store that has any available. Either folks are clearing it out in no time, or we aren't getting any at all.. It's almost impossible to find a store that has any in stock.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by gpapadop

Has anyone else realized how accounting types do quite a bit of this?

stepping it up from race to occupation now
Because we are good at math, and, more importantly for me, with the jobs I've had, we have a better idea than most of what awakens the Cardinals . If you only knew what I've done for jobs in the past .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.