Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2012, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, TK Elite Card, AF Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by ricohitman
I have 5 OD's in my city. All have ice cream. Please stop with the death threats.
+1

I have 3 OD's in my city and all serve ice cream.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 8:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, the rest come and go
I've got a long weekend coming up in Sin City, I see they're lousy with ODs, any hints on where i should head first to taste some ice cream?
Old Oct 23, 2012, 8:26 pm

Newbie here - but I was able to wag the tail to get beans to feed the bird!
Old Oct 23, 2012, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521
I don't have any OD around me so I was looking for other places who may carry the beans. I went to a local Family Dollar and they had a whole rack of different vanilla products. However, the reloads were just cardboard "blanks". No actual card with a pin # or anything like that. Just something that said to take it up to the register. So, I asked them about it and they said that I needed to have my Vanilla card there to swipe and then do the reload. Does this sound crazy to anybody?

Also, they had many of the MyVanilla and the OneVanilla cards. Can these be used like the Vanilla Reloads? This is what the clerk was telling me that I needed to have and bring to the register with the vanilla reload cardboard.

Also, he wasn't 100% sure about if I could use my credit card, but said that we couldn't test it because I would need to buy one of the vanilla cards and then pay for one of the reloads. I didn't want to get too much $ into something that I don't know if it will work.

So, if somebody would be interested in giving me some insight, I'd appreciate it (PM is fine if you prefer not to post publicly). I'm new to the Beans and BB stuff, but I did my fair share of testing and being the guinea pig for the mint coins in their heyday.

Thanks!
Since OD was out of beans, I visited a few other stores on the website and ones that weren't on the website. Got the same story at two FD locations - they said it was new and that I needed to swipe a card to buy/load. Walgreen's, CVS and Holiday gas stations each had a boat load of beans...but were cash only.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521
I don't have any OD around me so I was looking for other places who may carry the beans. I went to a local Family Dollar and they had a whole rack of different vanilla products. However, the reloads were just cardboard "blanks". No actual card with a pin # or anything like that. Just something that said to take it up to the register. So, I asked them about it and they said that I needed to have my Vanilla card there to swipe and then do the reload. Does this sound crazy to anybody?

Also, they had many of the MyVanilla and the OneVanilla cards. Can these be used like the Vanilla Reloads? This is what the clerk was telling me that I needed to have and bring to the register with the vanilla reload cardboard.

Also, he wasn't 100% sure about if I could use my credit card, but said that we couldn't test it because I would need to buy one of the vanilla cards and then pay for one of the reloads. I didn't want to get too much $ into something that I don't know if it will work.

So, if somebody would be interested in giving me some insight, I'd appreciate it (PM is fine if you prefer not to post publicly). I'm new to the Beans and BB stuff, but I did my fair share of testing and being the guinea pig for the mint coins in their heyday.

Thanks!
I stopped by my Dollar General and they have the exact thing you describe. I took it to the counter and they said they could load my prepaid card at the counter. I had never heard of this as everyone only talks about the 5X at Office Depot. I asked her if I could purchase the vanilla load with a credit card and she said she thought so. Since I don’t have my BB, I couldn’t test it. When I got home, I went to Vanillareload.com and it says that some stores can load at the register. I plan to try this when I get mine in the mail.

Does anyone have any experience loading a BB at a register with a cc?
Old Oct 23, 2012, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by Corridor!
I stopped by my Dollar General and they have the exact thing you describe. I took it to the counter and they said they could load my prepaid card at the counter. I had never heard of this as everyone only talks about the 5X at Office Depot. I asked her if I could purchase the vanilla load with a credit card and she said she thought so. Since I don’t have my BB, I couldn’t test it. When I got home, I went to Vanillareload.com and it says that some stores can load at the register. I plan to try this when I get mine in the mail.

Does anyone have any experience loading a BB at a register with a cc?
some have had experience and all says it does not work
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by normandy7
No Ice Cream available here in Big D!
Might need to venture a little further from the city, I find them all the time, been splitting my time between two different stores.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:17 pm
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Jesperss
This will be DEAD in a week.

Vanilla Reloads are already nearly impossible to find, they'll just be impossible now

Debit card isn't worth the effort.
My thoughts exactly!
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:46 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by ricohitman
I have 5 OD's in my city. All have ice cream. Please stop with the death threats.
No threat. Bird will eat all your beans in a week
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:24 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by tonyflyer
Just paid my HOA which is not in the system, the check is scheduled to deliver on Oct 26.

If Amex does deliver it as scheduled, the deliver time is 4 days, not bad.
Interested to hear (from tonyflyer or anyone else) if there is some feedback on the BB site that shows which checks have actually been cashed, perhaps with a scan of each check.

(For comparison, I had a bank account in the past that gave no feedback at all. Withdrew funds when the check was sent and there was no way to know if it ever got there.)
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:03 am

I have couple of checks scheduled to be delivered in the next couple of days, will give an update once I confirm the delivery from the receiving end.

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Interested to hear (from tonyflyer or anyone else) if there is some feedback on the BB site that shows which checks have actually been cashed, perhaps with a scan of each check.

(For comparison, I had a bank account in the past that gave no feedback at all. Withdrew funds when the check was sent and there was no way to know if it ever got there.)
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:55 am

Anyone have any luck with getting checks setup to accounts that are in their system?

For example I have a BBVA auto loan and it keeps saying my account # is wrong.

Any tips would be great.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 4:46 am

Bank of America Alaska Airlines debit card terms and conditions:

1 Earns miles on purchases only. Does not earn miles for ATM transactions, cash-back amounts at point of sale, or for federal, state or local tax payments, or similar payments to federal, state and local government agencies.

Based on the above, would one earn miles from using the debit card for loading BB at Walmart?
Old Oct 24, 2012, 5:43 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rdaven2003
Dude! have you read the forum?
didn't know i was supposed to know what the following meant, since they all have more than one meaning:

PP
NS
CS
WP

but thanks for telling me to read the forum, since i've been on here for several years and you started in January.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by mrredskin
didn't know i was supposed to know what the following meant, since they all have more than one meaning:

PP
NS
CS
WP

but thanks for telling me to read the forum, since i've been on here for several years and you started in January.
Those are highly used acronyms on this site. As you seen even someone that has only been on here since 2/12 was able to get all but 1. If I spell it out any more then I get jammed for spoon feeding or giving out the family secrets?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.