Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by skagen
I was able to buy ice cream @ 2 Walgreens in the area with CC. (2 for 2). One enforced $500 max. The other I just did $500. Might be worthwhile mixing up the total a bit so the amounts don't match, Barclays had a fit yesterday, requiring no less than 4 calls to unblock my card because of fraud alerts.
Lucky you! I tried it last night in walgreens near me. Then she asked me to swipe my credit card. Alas! Only the $3.95 fee was allowed and the $500 need to be cash
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:50 am

Just saw that some genius on twitter wrote about how excited she was to earn crazy miles w/ BB, CC'ing a blogger and CC'ing Amex as well
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:14 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by josephstern
Or a gas station . . .
Gas prices are on the rise
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:15 am

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by TimesTwo
Just saw that some genius on twitter wrote about how excited she was to earn crazy miles w/ BB, CC'ing a blogger and CC'ing Amex as well
+1...every financial blogger in the world now has broadcasted this...sigh...
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:19 am

The trick is not all Walgreens have the same register software to forbid using CC, some individual store registers allow it. I suspect this won't last long though.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 3ZeroT
The trick is not all Walgreens have the same register software to forbid using CC, some individual store registers allow it. I suspect this won't last long though.
None of this will last long.

And with that knowledge, the feedback loop is shortening.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:24 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by LivelyFL
Interesting info. I was wondering what is looks like (i.e. red flags go up) if you walk into 7-Eleven and spend $500-$1,000. At OD...no red flags because there is plenty of merchandise for sale that is $500-$1,000. But at Walgreens or 7-Eleven?
Prescriptions are expensive
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:33 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, TK Elite Card, AF Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by TimesTwo
As others of mentioned, AmEx has clearly put a lot of time and effort into this program, apparently believing that it will be a new market niche. So it's doubtful that the entire BB program will disappear, but the reload abilities may potentially be axed if too much abuse occurs. Time will tell.....
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:36 am
Suspended

Has anyone been successful getting cash at an ATM? I tried today and was told, @ 2 different ATM, that my PIN was incorrect.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:41 am

Programs: many
Originally Posted by Stoughton
Has anyone been successful getting cash at an ATM? I tried today and was told, @ 2 different ATM, that my PIN was incorrect.
Same PIN as when you initially chose a PIN upon BB sign up?
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by pcharles
Same PIN as when you initially chose a PIN upon BB sign up?
Yes, and verfied online a min ago.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by ricohitman
+1...every financial blogger in the world now has broadcasted this...sigh...
With a link to Ink Bold before the post, in the middle, and at the end. Not to mention to the left and right of the post.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:03 pm
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
I'm not sure if someone has already asked this... (I didn't see it when I searched the thread) but has anyone had any success yet adding BofA home loans to pay their mortgage? I was first getting an error saying the zip code was wrong, which it is not. Now I am getting an error saying the account number is incorrect (which I know it's right).
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Dad to GO
I'm not sure if someone has already asked this... (I didn't see it when I searched the thread) but has anyone had any success yet adding BofA home loans to pay their mortgage? I was first getting an error saying the zip code was wrong, which it is not. Now I am getting an error saying the account number is incorrect (which I know it's right).
I added and paid successfully to BoA yesterday. Will be delivered today and should be able to confirm receipt tomorrow.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by glocklt4
I added and paid successfully to BoA yesterday. Will be delivered today and should be able to confirm receipt tomorrow.
Take that back - I just checked and it has already hit. Nice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.