Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2012, 8:15 pm

Programs: SW RR, USAir, HHonors, SPG, PC Plat, AirTran
Surprised at all the BlueBird issues.......maybe I'm just lucky

Data Point: Paid all 3 major bills this month through CVS...VR...BB...BillPay -- No issues.

Mortgage - BOA
Truck - Ally
Student Loans - GSM&R

...all 3 were already in the BB system, setup was simple as a few clicks & entered acct# numbers, then ---> Paid.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 8:17 pm

thanks for the input. I actually have two basic questions at this point:

1. any new blog link would be helpful. There are several old ones I like (such as millionmilesecrets) but it seems out of date. This is probably the biggest help someone can give me, as the blogs I have seen and read were based on old information.

2. is it possible to pay an individual from bluebird? If so, how is it done? With a sub-account (i.e. the kid who is college has a debit card like thing that is linked with the card)? Or, can it be done electronically somehow to route a certain amount into someone's bank account?
Old Nov 21, 2012, 8:22 pm

Yes, our mortgage with Chase was successfully paid.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle, etc etc
Originally Posted by mikeef
Yup, that's my stopping point. When I had enough money to fly private whenever I wanted, that might be enough.
Until then, I'm having too much fun.
Mike
I'd be willing to bet the tab on the next Boston Do that you'd still do it then too Mike. You and the rest of us like the game too much to stop no matter what your financial situation.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by tys90
Yet another update from me regarding paying Wells Fargo Home Mortgage with Bluebird. I looked and I got hit with a $10 Fax Fee that they sent out right after my payment cleared. Going to call once I get a chance but any suggestions would be nice.
Fax fee? Did you pay with Bill Pay or paper check?
Old Nov 21, 2012, 8:42 pm

Sorry, we're unable to add or modify this payee. Please check the information and try again. If you're still having an issue, please contact us by calling Customer Service at 1-877-486-5990.
Anyone seen this on trying to billpay?
Old Nov 21, 2012, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by Dmh12011
Yes, our mortgage with Chase was successfully paid.
Same here.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 9:20 pm

oops. removed.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Alas, big disappointment today. I think those of you reading this thread will commiserate with me.

Went into my local Office Depot for something unrelated. Lo and behold, I spotted a large stack of Vanilla Reloads on the gift card rack. This was the first time I'd spotted VRs at Office Depot since they disappeared a few weeks back. I thought I had found the mother lode. Grabbed 4 (along with the item I had gone in for) and went up to pay. The cashier started scanning the cards just as they used to in the good old days. I thought I was home free. But no, my hopes were dashed. He couldn't get the cash register to accept the $500 load, and had to call over another cashier. Cashier #2 gave me the bad, sad news - the reloads I saw on the rack had been overlooked, and were there by mistake. Oh, so sad.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Have a question for all of you that are having issues paying your mortgage. What is a mortgage? We own our house free and clear so I don't understand the concept of a mortgage.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by Dangjr213
How did you manage to get a room? I tried booking for a few friends but everything was sold out months in advance. Had to drive up and back each day

really? sold out? we traveled there getting a room only 2 days prior.

however, everything was advanced purchase (including the corporate rate).
Old Nov 21, 2012, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by deant
Have a question for all of you that are having issues paying your mortgage. What is a mortgage? We own our house free and clear so I don't understand the concept of a mortgage.
ahhhh deant. that must also mean you don't know what mortgage tax deduction is either, huh?
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Fax fee? Did you pay with Bill Pay or paper check?
I used the Bill Pay with the registered Wells Fargo Home Mortgage payee.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by shoreline
ahhhh deant. that must also mean you don't know what mortgage tax deduction is either, huh?
Correct. But the way I look at deductions is that you only get about 25 cents back for every dollar you deduct (at the most considering the standard deduction). Not a good investment.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by deant
Correct. But the way I look at deductions is that you only get about 25 cents back for every dollar you deduct (at the most considering the standard deduction). Not a good investment.
well, not in this context.

however, if you combine it with investment property and are collecting more than the mortgage + the mortgage interest deductions, it pans out pretty well.

also, for those who depend on mortgage tax deductions to itemize, I think it's beneficial (considering if the alternative is to not itemize). it's def. one of the largest deductions one can have (on a personal note, not speaking for those who are self employed with large business tax deductions).

about the BB: I am hoping BoA post in a timely manner. but, I will def. send early to 'test the waters'; I am not as lucky as deant with no mortgage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.