Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2013, 6:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, working on OZ Diamond, previously AA EXP, UA 1K, AS MVP75
well i just bought a WF prepaid card with my BOA card, went through as a purchase but NO POINTS! The system knows its a cash equivalent and gave NO POINTS! OMG never thought BOA would be this smart. Cancelling my order now....locking my cash up for a month for nothing
Old Apr 15, 2013, 7:40 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
I was able to load 2000 and will have the chance to load one last load of 2500 on 30th.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by UAConcorde
well i just bought a WF prepaid card with my BOA card, went through as a purchase but NO POINTS! The system knows its a cash equivalent and gave NO POINTS! OMG never thought BOA would be this smart. Cancelling my order now....locking my cash up for a month for nothing
I think this has been mentioned before. (pretty sure it was BOA).
At least you didn't get a CA fee for that little experiment.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 12:25 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, working on OZ Diamond, previously AA EXP, UA 1K, AS MVP75
Originally Posted by shoreline
I think this has been mentioned before. (pretty sure it was BOA).
At least you didn't get a CA fee for that little experiment.
well i called the they told me that i wont get charged, i made sure of it several times, but we'll see, u never know

btw FYI i was offered the option of getting a check for $8 fee, not a bad way if you just want to cancell card...
Old Apr 16, 2013, 8:04 pm

This is fully covered up-thread, BOA will post it as purchase, but you will not get points/miles. Citi will CA this transaction. We are close to 5/1, you may as well move on to another deal.

Cheers,

PedroNY
Old Apr 16, 2013, 10:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, HH, UA, Marriott, SW, Club Carlson, IHG
Originally Posted by andyandy
Just scheduled my last two funding transactions for the month of April. I've had a great run with this card, $27K since November. Sad to see it go.

Andyandy
Got my shutdown email today:
"We have closed your Wells Fargo Prepaid Card account. We have closed this account due to what we have determined to be inappropriate spending/purchasing activity intended to perpetrate fraudulent activity."

I do resent their "fraudulent activity" statement. I never attempted to defraud anyone and only used the card within the rules that they themselves set up
(which is mostly emptying it through WM Money orders.)

Unfortunately I was a relative latecomer to the WF party. I only got 9000 miles so I'm jealous of those who were milking it for many months. But better late than never, I guess. Unfortunately I hadn't made any additions yet in April since I was waiting until after my CC statement date so I'd have more time before I had to pay it back.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 1:05 pm

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
I thought they'd finally shut me down, when may cash-over transaction was declined at Wally World. Nope. I just forgot about the $500 per day ATM/cashback limit. I'd already hit the ATM today. Whew. One more scheduled load and I'll wring all my money out of WF. What a great run this has been.

Andyandy
Old Apr 17, 2013, 1:46 pm
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Awe... All good things come to an end. Got my shutdown email. I must've hit the atm one too many times. I agree the fraudulent activity claim is a little overboard. Oh well was able to meet some difficult spend requirements thanks to this card. Until the next big thing... Its been a good run.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 1:50 pm

Wow. Used it for two weeks and just got shutdown. All well. The party was ending May 1st anyway so I was going pretty hard at getting my money out by then.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by Dad to GO
Awe... All good things come to an end. Got my shutdown email. I must've hit the atm one too many times. I agree the fraudulent activity claim is a little overboard. Oh well was able to meet some difficult spend requirements thanks to this card. Until the next big thing... Its been a good run.
I wonder why are they shutting down? does not make sense because the end is so close.....
Old Apr 17, 2013, 3:10 pm

damn it looks like i got shutdown after withdrawing $1500 this month. Annoying because I was about to make minimum spend on Club Carlson CC with it. I had a bunch of purchases too, only reloaded at wal-mart once.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Shut down here too. It sure looks like the writing is on the wall for all of us at this point.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 3:23 pm

Programs: Several dozen
BOA is not smart, just evil. For magic card tricks try Chase.

Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
BOA is not smart, just evil. For magic card tricks try Chase.
^^
Old Apr 18, 2013, 9:32 am

Just drained my last load down to $2.04. At this point, I'm kind of hoping they shut me down. Might save me some trouble. ;0)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.