FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   AmEx for Target: $400/week credit card ATM withdrawals for 1.3%+ in certain cities (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1242493-amex-target-400-week-credit-card-atm-withdrawals-1-3-certain-cities.html)

zgrzfg Nov 7, 2014 7:57 pm

A question: does VGC or MC GC can be used to load AFT like AGC, ie. draw all available fund in the card automatically? TIA

yukon50 Nov 8, 2014 3:08 am

Originally Posted by zgrzfg (Post 23809266)
A question: does VGC or MC GC can be used to load AFT like AGC, ie. draw all available fund in the card automatically? TIA

yeah, but why do you want to load VGC?

halluc1nati0n Nov 8, 2014 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by babehwa (Post 23809105)
Just saw your post...

For me, no, the rep didn't ask for any proof. I just told them I didn't get a new DL when I moved & that's an old address on my DL. I have to say, the best part of Target is that the reps there are generally cool about this. They're not like Wally reps at all who think you're doing something illegal.

Thanks for the reply! Much appreciated.

O62 Nov 8, 2014 4:22 pm

Are these still sold in stores? I couldn't find one but have only tried 2 stores so far.

bworrell Nov 8, 2014 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by JoseVerde (Post 23812423)
Are these still sold in stores? I couldn't find one but have only tried 2 stores so far.

Yes, at the stores that don't sell the redbird yet. I saw them this morning at my target here in Utah.

EkekoBWI Nov 8, 2014 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by bworrell (Post 23812702)
Yes, at the stores that don't sell the redbird yet. I saw them this morning at my target here in Utah.

There are still stores that don't sell either. It is not yet a "one or the other" thing.

aandjw Nov 10, 2014 2:50 pm

Interesting questions today...

Went to do 2 AFT loads ($1K each card) - and the cashier says "I'm not familiar with these" - that's happened before - she asks her supervisor who says "these are new, they have $500 limit". I'd never seen AFT nor RedBird at this particular store so I asked where they were - she walked me to a register that had MyVanilla Starters and NetSpend cards. I said "those are Visa, this is American Express" and she said OH! and did the reloads as asked.

I'd never seen those cards (MyV and NetSpend) at Target in SoCal - anyone else seen/had similar experiences?

jan_believes Nov 12, 2014 2:01 pm

Haven't been here in awhile. Noticed discussion turned to Red AFT much of the time.

I am still using the "old" AFT (non-red) card successfully with very minimum "other" spending. I now have access to no fee ATMs, which has been great. So grateful for the no fee/low fee ATM thread with the information so I could stop by and test those various retailers (convenience stores with PNC or FTBank sponsored).

I'm just trying to get to the point where all our summer/fall travel expenses on the two Barclays cards used are covered. After that, will let the AFT sit out for awhile. Just don't have a vision for what's next.

Noticed the stores no longer have the same card I have available to sell.

jan_believes Nov 12, 2014 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by aandjw (Post 23821495)
Went to do 2 AFT loads ($1K each card) - and the cashier says "I'm not familiar with these" - that's happened before - she asks her supervisor who says "these are new, they have $500 limit". I'd never seen AFT nor RedBird at this particular store so I asked where they were - she walked me to a register that had MyVanilla Starters and NetSpend cards. I said "those are Visa, this is American Express" and she said OH! and did the reloads as asked.

I'd never seen those cards (MyV and NetSpend) at Target in SoCal - anyone else seen/had similar experiences?

----------------------
It's gotten to the point when I hear the **don't know or never done one, etc**, that I occasionally just prompt to turn the card over and swipe. Unless they ask someone else. Guess the words on the screen advise the rest.

worldtravels Nov 12, 2014 2:33 pm

Are the Allpoint ATMs inside Target stores fee free for withdrawals from AFT?

KimSolo Nov 12, 2014 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by worldtravels (Post 23832570)

Nope. I've used one and the fee was $2.50.

0limits Nov 12, 2014 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by worldtravels (Post 23832570)

AFT is a separate and quite different product from Redbird (which you can use at the Allpoint ATMs inside Target).

worldtravels Nov 13, 2014 2:21 pm

Checking the wiki, it says

"Max 1 purchase per ss# per day."

So this means I can put 2 AFT cards in my name and SS# as long as I buy the cards on different days?

cajunguy Nov 13, 2014 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by worldtravels (Post 23837802)
Checking the wiki, it says

"Max 1 purchase per ss# per day."

So this means I can put 2 AFT cards in my name and SS# as long as I buy the cards on different days?

Yes, there's a schedule posted in the Wiki on how to do it.

UncleBill Nov 13, 2014 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by zgrzfg (Post 23809266)

FYI choose credit not debit if you want the card to be auto-drained.