Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2013, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mcdullhk88
Dead as of 10/13/14

Additionally, we have updated the terms and conditions of our User Agreement (https://payments.amazon.com/help/Personal-Accounts/User-Agreement-Policies/User-Agreement) that apply to your use of the products and services provided by Amazon Payments. Our updated User Agreement revises certain terms (including, among other things, the elimination of person-to-person payments). Our new User Agreement will become effective on October 13, 2014, which is more than 30 days from when we first posted our updated User Agreement. By continuing to use our services after October 13, 2014, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions of our new User Agreement.
FAQ's

Is Amazon Payments treated as a cash advance? No CC issuer has been reported as treating an AP transaction as a cash advance unless the sender selected "Payment is for Cash Advance" on the Send Money screen.
What does it mean when your payment is "pending"? Your payment will be reviewed. We are unsure whether this review is done by a human or computer. It should take less than 24 hours but is usually within minutes.
How should you describe your payment? "Goods or services" will allow you to charge with a CC and it will not be treated as a cash advance. Note: If you choose cash advance, it may be treated as such by your CC issuer; always choose Goods/Services. There is no reason to put anything in the optional description field - leave it blank.
What is the monthly limit for sending CC payments? $1,000 per calendar month per AP account
What is the monthly limit for receiving CC payments? $1,000 per calendar month per AP account
What if it is not allowing me to send/receive more than $500 or any at all? You probably have not verified your bank and/or added a CC. In order to get the full $1,000 allowance for sending and receiving you must have a bank verified AND a CC added to your account as a payment method.
Does AP qualify for special spending categories? Specifically it qualifies for Discover's (usually 4th quarter) category of online purchases but so far, not Chase's "5% CB on Amazon.com purchases." Refer to thread for other options.
Can you get shutdown? Yes.
How do you get shutdown? No one knows. Anecdotes are found throughout the thread. Some suspicious behavior that MIGHT get your AP account(s) shut down is listed below.
Which transaction is most advisable? A -> B -> C -> A (see here)
Are any fees charged during this process? No, not by Amazon Payments. If your transaction is treated as a cash advance by your card issuer--fees are possible. Beware and always double check that goods/services is selected!
Can you liquidate Amazon GC via AP? NO!
Can you liquidate other gift cards via AP? Yes. Note that you cannot liquidate the full value of a GC because amazon places a $1 hold while it verifies the validity of the GC. You can sometimes (not always) avoid the hold by entering an incorrect expiration date for the GC when adding it to your AP account, and after you have added it, go to "Edit my account settings," then to "Add edit or delete my credit cards" and edit the expiration date there.
When does the month end? It appears as if Amazon is on pacific time, so midnight PDT/PST is when the month resets.

It bears repeating that no one knows the methodology amazon uses to police AP transactions, determines which transactions violate its T&Cs, or identifies violators. However, various people in this thread and elsewhere have confirmed that their AP account(s) were shut down for the following reasons:
  • Associating one credit card number with more than one AP account (Be Careful if authorized user card has the same number as the primary card holder - in some instances the CC numbers are completely different)
  • Associating one bank account with more than one AP account
Print Wikipost

Amazon Payments

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2013, 1:56 pm

Programs: Several dozen
Indeed, all the A's live on as the AP's are killed off. That said, the Bezos headhunters often overlook an account or two. So just because you were killed does not mean you are dead.

Originally Posted by gv111
I believe it is just the AP account.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 7:42 am

Pending points for AP indicate 1x for this month's session, generated yesterday. Have received 3x for several months prior, always showed pending as 3x. Woh woh.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:18 am

Programs: UA MPE, BA Blue, AA, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Silver, HHonors Silver, National Exec, Avis First
Originally Posted by pdxp2b
Pending points for AP indicate 1x for this month's session, generated yesterday. Have received 3x for several months prior, always showed pending as 3x. Woh woh.
Same here.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 10:34 am

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Yes, if a Citi have her manufacture a virtual card number. Else, your card is stolen and needs to be reissued with a new number.
Bit off topic: when my Citi AA card was used in Mexico fraudulently, Citi did not even think it necessary to issue a new number!
Old Jul 25, 2013, 11:05 am

Programs: UA AA DL SW Marriott
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
I only comment on what has worked for me. For the longest time I would detail it to anyone who PM'd me and then finally detailed it on here. I've not had one PM in return from someone I detailed it to saying that they had been red flagged.

Each account has a unique bank account (which stems from back in the mint days when I needed multiple chains of banks to unload coins). I believe the 1099 also needs a minimum of 200 transactions, but I'm not an expert on this. I've been doing AZ payments since the days of the mint and have had no trouble with a 1099.
Thank you for sharing! I have one AP account and significant others has another. Has been doing A->B. Inspired reading your note, I'd like to signup another AP for each. Upon signing up, it asks "Do you have an Amazon.com password?" with 2 choices:
1) I am a new customer
or
2) I am a returning customer,
and my password is:

Would you mind sharing that which works - choose 1) or 2)?

Thank you!
Old Jul 25, 2013, 11:14 am

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by Tinker25
Thank you for sharing! I have one AP account and significant others has another. Has been doing A->B. Inspired reading your note, I'd like to signup another AP for each. Upon signing up, it asks "Do you have an Amazon.com password?" with 2 choices:
1) I am a new customer
or
2) I am a returning customer,
and my password is:

Would you mind sharing that which works - choose 1) or 2)?

Thank you!
Fire up your time machine, go back a few years to before AP required your Social Security number and you're good to go. While you're there, pick up a couple of 75K and 100K bonuses for me.
You can no longer open multiple AP accounts. Sorry. But if you know some dead people, they may be able to open accounts
Old Jul 25, 2013, 2:34 pm

But for our purposes the card needs a new number!

Originally Posted by augustus21
Bit off topic: when my Citi AA card was used in Mexico fraudulently, Citi did not even think it necessary to issue a new number!
Old Jul 25, 2013, 2:38 pm

Kenny, funny you should say that. Maybe you and I can pull a list from the south Texas voter registration rolls.

Originally Posted by KennyBSAT
Fire up your time machine, go back a few years to before AP required your Social Security number and you're good to go. While you're there, pick up a couple of 75K and 100K bonuses for me.
You can no longer open multiple AP accounts. Sorry. But if you know some dead people, they may be able to open accounts
Old Jul 25, 2013, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Kenny, funny you should say that. Maybe you and I can pull a list from the south Texas voter registration rolls.
My line of work has me sifting through dead people’s SSNs all day. Definitely has crossed my mind to open thousands upon thousands of AP accounts and having an AP party sending my CL from dead person to dead person....
Old Jul 25, 2013, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle, etc etc
Originally Posted by KennyBSAT
I do not believe this to be true. Astrophsx and others report having multiple AP accounts open today, all with same SSN. Have you had multiple AP accounts and have they gotten closed? I'd be curious to hear your experience here.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 4:23 pm

Uh, oh I sense a zombie apocalypse coming! Blame Jeff Bezos for shutting down the accounts of the living. I vote we snatch him, throw some salt and pepper on him, and drop him in Raccoon City.

Originally Posted by newbynewbynew
My line of work has me sifting through dead people’s SSNs all day. Definitely has crossed my mind to open thousands upon thousands of AP accounts and having an AP party sending my CL from dead person to dead person....
Old Jul 25, 2013, 4:28 pm

I also still have multiple accounts. But the game is risky, very risky. Blow darts fly all the time in the jungle as the Bezos tribe of headhunters beat the bush for prey.

Originally Posted by greek2me
I do not believe this to be true. Astrophsx and others report having multiple AP accounts open today, all with same SSN. Have you had multiple AP accounts and have they gotten closed? I'd be curious to hear your experience here.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 4:30 pm

Programs: CO (RIP), US (RIP), Amtrak. Lots of CC programs.
It's amazing how many times the headhunters captured me (I really thought I was toast a few times) but after offering sacrificial data, they let me be
Old Jul 25, 2013, 5:03 pm

I've got some family members that are not into this game at all. Could I use their SSN/info to set up multiple AP accounts?

Basically, I'd use their name/SSN/DOB, but I'd use a separate email address and a separate bank account to link to the AP account.

A) Sister A's name/SSN/DOB + [email protected] + Bank A (mine) account
B) Sister B's name/SSN/DOB + [email protected] + Bank B (mine) account
C) Mom's name/SSN/DOB + [email protected] + Bank C (mine) account
D) Dad's name/SSN/DOB + [email protected] + Bank D (mine) account

In the end, I'd run it like this:
Me->(A)->(B)->(C)->(D)->Me
All payments sent would be from a different credit card.

Sound reasonable? Or am I asking for a visit from Bezos?
Old Jul 25, 2013, 5:46 pm

Programs: Flying and sleeping
Sadly enough, I had to add a Google Calendar event to remind me to get my $1000 in every month. I think I've missed out on at least 3-4000 points this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.