Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: crackjack
To kick off the wiki on the new main lounge thread I added a brief overview of the MH lounges at KLIA.
I invite others to add relevant info on location, access requirements and opening hours.
Globalist

All the Malaysia Airlines lounges at KL International Airport (KLIA) have now been reopened after renovations.

Malaysia Airlines has 3 lounges at KLIA.

The KLIA Domestic Golden Lounge.
Located in the domestic terminal for domestic departures, towards the 'A' gates. Open 5am-12am.

The KLIA Regional Golden Lounge
This lounge is located in the main terminal building for international departures. Open 5am-12am.

To access it use the escalator near the Aerotrain platform between the G and H pier.

This lounge is airside and accessible for international departures only,

The International Golden Lounge at Satellite KLIA
This is the largest lounge, and is located in the Satellite Building on the 2nd floor above the Aerotrain platform there. Open 24hrs.

It features a Business class section and a separate 'Platinum' area + dining room for Enrich Platinum, OWEs & MH Business Suites passengers. (There is also a small First Class Suite area on the Platinum side for MH Business Suites passengers.)

This lounge is airside and only accessible by passengers allowed into the international zone.

[This perk may have been stopped as of 1 March 2024, even if the FAQ is not updated and still shows the earlier access rights; see this post.]
This lounge may also be used as an arrivals lounge by passengers arriving on MH flights who either flew MH Business Suites / Business or hold Enrich Platinum / Gold status (not applicableto OWE / OWS).

Print Wikipost

Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by clubeurope

you can try the business centre just behind the entrance desks. It’s enclosed and I’ve never seen anyone use it. Just that I’m not sure if it still exists....
i dont think the biz centre still exists post renovation.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 11:07 pm

Hmmm, just curious, is the shift from proper napkins to paper serviettes at the First / Business Suites lounge's dining room a new thing?
Old Dec 16, 2018, 1:15 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Originally Posted by crackjack
Hmmm, just curious, is the shift from proper napkins to paper serviettes at the First / Business Suites lounge's dining room a new thing?
I notice the same when i was there a few weeks back.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 7:15 am

A few weeks... guess it's not a short-term fix but a permanent change. That's a bit disappointing; nothing really wrong with paper napkins, but cloth napkins give just that extra touch of refinement.

They do provide cloth napkins on flights, so not sure what the rationale might be on that change.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 6:34 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Just wanted to report back from the First Lounge Dining Room that cloth napkins have made a return.

service is also brilliant tonight.
teemuflyer and crackjack like this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 8:05 pm

Just wanted to report back from the First Lounge Dining Room that cloth napkins have made a return.

service is also brilliant tonight.
Thanks for this. Confirmed myself as well when I went through KUL; good to see.

Also, yes, service was great even though the dining area was packed with all the evening flight passengers. Not sure what caused the uneven experiences from others' reports, but no issues I could note (save for doing their best to manage the requests from the large number of lounge users).
clubeurope likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:06 am

I got paper napkins around lunchtime.

Champagne was available.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:24 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by poopbunny
I got paper napkins around lunchtime.

Champagne was available.
How bizarre. So one could presume that paper napkins are used for non-dinner meals(?)

Champagne is De Venoge Cordon Bleu Brut NV, also served on the ground in Business Suites due to duty tax purposes.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:18 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
In the First Class showers recently, the bath mat hadn't been replaced from the previous user. It had been folded, so it's not like the attendant hadn't tidied up the bathroom.

I recall a post earlier in this thread stating the same. Is this a common occurrence? I find it so strange that the showers are still part of the toilets, like gym showers.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:12 pm

Yes, I see it all the time, and they can end up quite dirty. Not sure if they are specifically told to do this by management, or if it's something that's not clearly noted to the attendants as something which must be done.

I carry flip-flops just for use in showers, so doesn't affect me too much, but still not a great look.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:21 am

How bizarre. So one could presume that paper napkins are used for non-dinner meals(?)

Champagne is De Venoge Cordon Bleu Brut NV, also served on the ground in Business Suites due to duty tax purposes.
I am here at the lounge again and it is night. I still got the paper napkin but some others got linen. Maybe it is down to what I ordered, ie, noodle (snack?) rather than the sea bass or something more substantial.

This time however, they ran out of champagne.

Service is quite attentive and good.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by sxc
In the First Class showers recently, the bath mat hadn't been replaced from the previous user. It had been folded, so it's not like the attendant hadn't tidied up the bathroom.

I recall a post earlier in this thread stating the same. Is this a common occurrence?
Have seen exactly this before and it’s... rather gross.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 7:06 pm

Programs: NZ
My understanding is that the OW lounges at KLIA are the MH Golden Lounge (Satellite), CX Lounge and the Plaza Premium lounge all of which are in the Satellite building.

Officially the MH Regional Lounge is not a OW lounge, but I was wondering if they allow access to OW Sapphires. I recall from previous posts that some people have been denied access, but looking for any current feedback. Trying to avoid trekking out out the Satellite terminal prior to my flight to DPS.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 7:45 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Plaza premium lounge is only available to those travelling on the airlines that contract it.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by minz56
My understanding is that the OW lounges at KLIA are the MH Golden Lounge (Satellite), CX Lounge and the Plaza Premium lounge all of which are in the Satellite building.

Officially the MH Regional Lounge is not a OW lounge, but I was wondering if they allow access to OW Sapphires. I recall from previous posts that some people have been denied access, but looking for any current feedback. Trying to avoid trekking out out the Satellite terminal prior to my flight to DPS.
You should and would have access to the Regional Lounge. That is a OW lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.