Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: crackjack
To kick off the wiki on the new main lounge thread I added a brief overview of the MH lounges at KLIA.
I invite others to add relevant info on location, access requirements and opening hours.
Globalist

All the Malaysia Airlines lounges at KL International Airport (KLIA) have now been reopened after renovations.

Malaysia Airlines has 3 lounges at KLIA.

The KLIA Domestic Golden Lounge.
Located in the domestic terminal for domestic departures, towards the 'A' gates. Open 5am-12am.

The KLIA Regional Golden Lounge
This lounge is located in the main terminal building for international departures. Open 5am-12am.

To access it use the escalator near the Aerotrain platform between the G and H pier.

This lounge is airside and accessible for international departures only,

The International Golden Lounge at Satellite KLIA
This is the largest lounge, and is located in the Satellite Building on the 2nd floor above the Aerotrain platform there. Open 24hrs.

It features a Business class section and a separate 'Platinum' area + dining room for Enrich Platinum, OWEs & MH Business Suites passengers. (There is also a small First Class Suite area on the Platinum side for MH Business Suites passengers.)

This lounge is airside and only accessible by passengers allowed into the international zone.

[This perk may have been stopped as of 1 March 2024, even if the FAQ is not updated and still shows the earlier access rights; see this post.]
This lounge may also be used as an arrivals lounge by passengers arriving on MH flights who either flew MH Business Suites / Business or hold Enrich Platinum / Gold status (not applicableto OWE / OWS).

Print Wikipost

Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2022, 10:56 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
As reported by a family member yesterday: F side of the Satellite lounge is still closed. Staff said target for reopening is June.

There is however a roped off area for "F"/Plat/OWE in the J side. Still the same F&B but there's a dedicated staff member attending to any requests.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 11:36 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by fbruno
Does MH allow access to the international satellite (or regional) golden lounge for OW emerald when arriving on SQ and connecting to a domestic MH flight?

I’d be in the international transit area due to the SQ arrival, but not sure if they’ll refuse lounge access there and redirect me to the domestic lounge…
Would be nice to use the satellite first class section!
pre covid I had never problems getting in the lounge but DEF getting into the international satelite if you didnt have acces there was NO way to sneak in.. i tried hard.. lol

the problem is.. can you stay in the building after you arrive without having to clear immigration first ? i cant remember.. then you cant get back.

but i kinda think you just left the plane and had to walk.. then I dont see you getting refused at the lounge
Old Apr 21, 2022, 9:51 pm

KLIA commingles arrivals and departures on the same level. So yes you can go to the satellite lounge upon arrival, but keep a watchful eye on the departure screens, and be mindful of the distance that you'd need to walk to the domestic area for your connecting flight.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 8:24 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
KLIA commingles arrivals and departures on the same level. So yes you can go to the satellite lounge upon arrival, but keep a watchful eye on the departure screens, and be mindful of the distance that you'd need to walk to the domestic area for your connecting flight.
Just want to echo what carrotjuice said. The trains aren't running nonstop now (either due to low passenger demand or maintenance) and there are replacement bus services between satellite and main terminal concourse for some part of the day. Take that into account plus clearing immigration once you are at the main concourse.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond
Does MH allow access to the international satellite (or regional) golden lounge for OW emerald when arriving on SQ and connecting to a domestic MH flight?

I’d be in the international transit area due to the SQ arrival, but not sure if they’ll refuse lounge access there and redirect me to the domestic lounge…
As mentioned, this should not be a problem when arriving internationally and having a domestic MH flight.
I did the same (was pre Covid though) and I agree, you need to watch the time as you need to pass immigration in the main hall (which might be busy) before you can reach ur domestic gate.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 7:29 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
Yes, I mean the room with the couches.
Not sure about first but there's currently no restriction on using the sleeper couches in the MH golden lounge.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 7:33 am

Don't know if you'd get in the satellite international as they scanned my boarding pass to get in. Why don't you use the regional golden lounge? It's quite nice and having visited both recently there isn't much difference, food selection slightly less and I think there wasn't alcohol in the regional. I'm OW Sapph travelling economy so you shouldn't have a rpoblem.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by Infrequent117
Don't know if you'd get in the satellite international as they scanned my boarding pass to get in.
You can get into ANY of the MH lounges if you qualify - either by the class that you're travelling in, or by way of OW status. Scanning is merely for them to check that you qualify. You may be directed to another lounge because they deem it's more convenient for you or as a general rule of thumb based on the normally scheduled departure gate of your onward flight... but if you know your way around KLIA, you can decide on which lounge (or lounges, if you wish to lounge-hop) to go for.
JacobNL likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by SilverChris
As reported by a family member yesterday: F side of the Satellite lounge is still closed. Staff said target for reopening is June.
So this would be the part off to the right as you go in? (It's been a few years for me . . .)

I may be coming in from Singapore and leaving for Sabah on MH. I know Sabah is in the same country as KL, but I do recall that nonetheless there was some form of immigration control. So I am wondering, would the flight to Sabah be "international", or would it be in the domestic part of the airport? (I recall being in a different part of the airport and a different lounge when taking MH from KL to Penang.)
Old May 16, 2022, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by rberk
So this would be the part off to the right as you go in? (It's been a few years for me . . .)

I may be coming in from Singapore and leaving for Sabah on MH. I know Sabah is in the same country as KL, but I do recall that nonetheless there was some form of immigration control. So I am wondering, would the flight to Sabah be "international", or would it be in the domestic part of the airport? (I recall being in a different part of the airport and a different lounge when taking MH from KL to Penang.)
Have never taken MH from KLIA to east Malaysia, always taken Air Asia from KLIA2. However, there is, within KLIA, a domestic gate which you can access directly through a transfer corridor after taking the aerotrain from the satellite terminal.
Old May 16, 2022, 12:10 pm

Yes, the F side is to the right of the front desk. With an onward domestic connection, you may or may not be granted access to the international lounge (arrivals and departures are mixed). Really depends who's manning the desk. Just leave enough time to head over to the domestic side to board your flight.

Sabah is domestic. You'll clear Malaysian immigration in KUL, followed by Sabah's internal immigration when you get there. It's not de facto international like HKG, for example.
Old May 16, 2022, 6:25 pm

With an onward domestic connection, you may or may not be granted access to the international lounge (arrivals and departures are mixed).
They may prefer that you use the domestic lounge so you don't end up being late to your onward flight and cause operational issues, but they will let you use the international lounge should you insist - but you of course have to be responsible for making your own connection in good time.

Personally if the F side isn't open, any of the J lounges are fairly similar so I'd just go for the one that's closest to gate... saves the worry of being able to clear immigration in time.
Old May 19, 2022, 7:33 am

Yes, the F side is to the right of the front desk. With an onward domestic connection, you may or may not be granted access to the international lounge (arrivals and departures are mixed). Really depends who's manning the desk. Just leave enough time to head over to the domestic side to board your flight.

Sabah is domestic. You'll clear Malaysian immigration in KUL, followed by Sabah's internal immigration when you get there. It's not de facto international like HKG, for example.
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
They may prefer that you use the domestic lounge so you don't end up being late to your onward flight and cause operational issues, but they will let you use the international lounge should you insist - but you of course have to be responsible for making your own connection in good time.

Personally if the F side isn't open, any of the J lounges are fairly similar so I'd just go for the one that's closest to gate... saves the worry of being able to clear immigration in time.
OK, many thanks.

I have some memories of a domestic lounge that was "dry", but that was a long time ago.
Old May 19, 2022, 10:18 am

OK, many thanks.

I have some memories of a domestic lounge that was "dry", but that was a long time ago.
It still is
Old May 26, 2022, 6:37 am

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, EBG
Hi.
Any news about the First class -lounge at KLIA ?
will be passing through on June 5th and wondering if it’s worth to go to the Satellite…
Any update appreciated 😀
SullyofDoha likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.