Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: crackjack
To kick off the wiki on the new main lounge thread I added a brief overview of the MH lounges at KLIA.
I invite others to add relevant info on location, access requirements and opening hours.
Globalist

All the Malaysia Airlines lounges at KL International Airport (KLIA) have now been reopened after renovations.

Malaysia Airlines has 3 lounges at KLIA.

The KLIA Domestic Golden Lounge.
Located in the domestic terminal for domestic departures, towards the 'A' gates. Open 5am-12am.

The KLIA Regional Golden Lounge
This lounge is located in the main terminal building for international departures. Open 5am-12am.

To access it use the escalator near the Aerotrain platform between the G and H pier.

This lounge is airside and accessible for international departures only,

The International Golden Lounge at Satellite KLIA
This is the largest lounge, and is located in the Satellite Building on the 2nd floor above the Aerotrain platform there. Open 24hrs.

It features a Business class section and a separate 'Platinum' area + dining room for Enrich Platinum, OWEs & MH Business Suites passengers. (There is also a small First Class Suite area on the Platinum side for MH Business Suites passengers.)

This lounge is airside and only accessible by passengers allowed into the international zone.

[This perk may have been stopped as of 1 March 2024, even if the FAQ is not updated and still shows the earlier access rights; see this post.]
This lounge may also be used as an arrivals lounge by passengers arriving on MH flights who either flew MH Business Suites / Business or hold Enrich Platinum / Gold status (not applicableto OWE / OWS).

Print Wikipost

Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2020, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
While I agree you have the right to use any lounge as you wish, I somewhat see MH’s logic though - you’re entitled to use the lounge prior to your departure. Not arrival, as MH doesn’t have arrival lounges..
FWIW I’ve used the satellite lounge after arrival in international MH J without an onward flight (past two years). I think it’s one of the criteria for admission but I can’t find anything in writing. YMMV
Old Feb 23, 2020, 12:29 am

Programs: Enrich
Originally Posted by bchang
FWIW I’ve used the satellite lounge after arrival in international MH J without an onward flight (past two years). I think it’s one of the criteria for admission but I can’t find anything in writing. YMMV

Here you are:
https://mhcare.malaysiaairlines.com/...language=en_US

You definitely can enter if you travel from MH J
Old Feb 23, 2020, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by dici
Here you are:
https://mhcare.malaysiaairlines.com/...language=en_US

You definitely can enter if you travel from MH J
Interesting... the link suggests that if you're an Enrich Gold or Plat returning on MH J class to KUL, you may use the lounge on arrival. So does this mean that other J passengers who do not have required Enrich status may not? Also unsure if this perk is similarly extended to OWE and OWS status holders?

I wonder how many of such people fly J class and upon arrival go to the Satellite F lounge, have a full meal, then exit KLIA.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 3:43 am

No, the conditions listed are meant to be read with an “OR” between, not an “AND”.

So there’s no confusion, you have access to the Satellite Lounge as an arriving interns to oman passenger if:
1) you arrived in J class
OR
2) you hold Enrich Gold / Platinum status.

There is no allowance given for OWS / OWE status holders.

(The FAQ also clearly says only the Satellite lounge will accept allowed arrival passengers.)

I see the biggest benefit for arriving passengers not as the food (though it can help), but instead having somewhere to work while waiting for your hotel’s check-in time or being able to have a shower before heading into the office. It makes a big difference to those arriving passengers in the early hours (4-7am).

Last edited by crackjack; Feb 23, 2020 at 3:52 am
Old Feb 23, 2020, 11:53 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by crackjack
(The FAQ also clearly says only the Satellite lounge will accept allowed arrival passengers.)
FWIW I've entered the Regional lounge on arrival before. Not saying this is the policy but it's worth a shot, though I'd imagine you'd probably have a stronger case if you arrive at the Main Terminal.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 12:06 pm
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
I have a BKK-KUL-LHR MH J ticket with about a 9 hour connection in KUL: arrive in KUL just before midnight and depart KUL at about 9am. Is the Golden Lounge Satellite OK of sleeping in for this flight connection, since it is open 24 hours? Does the lounge have showers? Thanks.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 1:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by siw
I have a BKK-KUL-LHR MH J ticket with about a 9 hour connection in KUL: arrive in KUL just before midnight and depart KUL at about 9am. Is the Golden Lounge Satellite OK of sleeping in for this flight connection, since it is open 24 hours? Does the lounge have showers? Thanks.
The first class section has beautiful beds to sleep. J doesn't..
But you can buy a dorm across the lounge Kia airport something is the name for 50bucks then shower and have breakfast in lounge
What I did.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 3:36 pm

Programs: Enrich
There is a napping room for J, but if you don't have ear bud, it won't be a comfortable place to sleep because it is not noise isolation. They also have a bathroom. So it is all depends if you willing to spend extra for more comfort, then sama sama in airside will provide more comfort rest
Old Mar 5, 2020, 10:28 am
siw

Originally Posted by dici
There is a napping room for J, but if you don't have ear bud, it won't be a comfortable place to sleep because it is not noise isolation. They also have a bathroom. So it is all depends if you willing to spend extra for more comfort, then sama sama in airside will provide more comfort rest
This will be my first flight with MH and my first transit in KUL. I always have very good ear buds with me for sleeping on the aircaft. I guess from your reply that there are no showers in the J lounge. Is sama sama an airside hotel?
Old Mar 5, 2020, 10:57 am

Programs: Salaryman One World Sapphire
Originally Posted by siw
This will be my first flight with MH and my first transit in KUL. I always have very good ear buds with me for sleeping on the aircaft. I guess from your reply that there are no showers in the J lounge. Is sama sama an airside hotel?
Yes, Sama-Sama Hotel have an air side transit hotel. I am not sure about the rates as I only paid RM50 as per @dici for shower room as well as buffet dinner.

You can refer to this page here Sama-Sama Express KLIA located on Satellite Building beside rails for the train transfer between main terminal and satellite

FYI, there is another Sama-Sama Hotel on Landside.

Just do not get confused with it (Sama-Sama Hotel KLIA)
Old Mar 5, 2020, 11:20 am
siw

@Vasco Pridat, @dici and @minizian. Thanks all for the helpful information.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by siw
There are showers in MH J lounge (both Regional and Satellite). The only MH Lounge at KUL without a shower is the domestic lounge.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by nov11
There are showers in MH J lounge (both Regional and Satellite). The only MH Lounge at KUL without a shower is the domestic lounge.
There is actually one single solo shower in the domestic lounge. If you ever need to use one, it is there, tucked away in the corner I kid you not.
quinzinho and cyktai like this.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 4:59 am

For a 9 hour transit, I’d get a room. The nap couches in MH lounges aren’t particularly comfortable. It’s also rather warm as the covering is synthetic. Even with ear buds in napping area of the F lounge, you do hear constant banging of the toilet doors in the J lounge next door. Overall a miserable sleeping experience - not recommended at all.
teemuflyer likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by minizian
Sama-Sama Express KLIA....

Just do not get confused with it (Sama-Sama Hotel KLIA)
Yes, go with the Sama Sama Express KLIA.

It’s by the hour, <50 MYR for a standard room with a minimum 6hour stay. So as you’ll likely book a ~8hr stay, <USD100.

(Also, make sure it is not the Sama Sama Express klia2 either... that’s inaccessible to you, in another building altogether.)

Last edited by crackjack; Mar 7, 2020 at 12:00 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.