Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MH Business Class Lounge Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by MKE-MR
I'd expect it to be up to CX standard which isn't bad. Of course that's not the reason they are "staying far away", it's because they have chosen to move to T4 which will supposedly be better/faster for O&D traffic versus connections.
"Chosen"? I heard they were heavily arm-twisted by Changi, because nobody wanted to move. Given that the anchor tenant is Air Asia, and it is not connected to any other terminal or public transport, except via shuttle bus, I'm guessing there was a big financial incentive, which may well have included building a shiny new lounge...
Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:40 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by kt74
"Chosen"? I heard they were heavily arm-twisted by Changi, because nobody wanted to move. Given that the anchor tenant is Air Asia, and it is not connected to any other terminal or public transport, except via shuttle bus, I'm guessing there was a big financial incentive, which may well have included building a shiny new lounge...
If that's the case, I doubt other OW pax would go all the way to T4. We went to the QF lounge on Monday for our MH flight, it does cost time. And QF lounge is really decent on food & drinks.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 9:21 am

The new CX lounge opening in T4 should be amazing when it opens later this year. Would it be possible to visit the QF/CX lounge logistically speaking before the flight? I know the QF lounge opens at 14:30 but assume the CX lounge will be open all day.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
The new CX lounge opening in T4 should be amazing when it opens later this year. Would it be possible to visit the QF/CX lounge logistically speaking before the flight? I know the QF lounge opens at 14:30 but assume the CX lounge will be open all day.
Assuming you can freely travel between T2 and T4 airside, I don't see a reason this can't be done. Just budget enough time to get between terminals.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 3:30 pm

Thanks so let me get this straight when flying MH at SIN that you have access to the BA, CX, QF, and EK lounges? Wow you really need to be there all day to check them all out. I know generally QF is considered the best followed by EK but I have a feeling when the CX lounge opens in a couple months that it may be even nicer then any of the business lounges at HKG since its the best carrier at the new T4. Should be interesting to see the reviews!
Old Jul 16, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Thanks so let me get this straight when flying MH at SIN that you have access to the BA, CX, QF, and EK lounges?
Not too sure about EK lounges (does it applies to MH elites only or MH premium or is it restricted to certain cities), but yes to the rest plus the SATS premier lounge in T2.

But T4 will not have the "mixed departure/arrival" as they do in T1/2/3 so I don't know if passengers can enter T4 secured area without a T4 BP.

You also have access to both lovely CX and Miracle Lounge at BKK plus JL Sakura if your timing is right.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Thanks so let me get this straight when flying MH at SIN that you have access to the BA, CX, QF, and EK lounges? Wow you really need to be there all day to check them all out. I know generally QF is considered the best followed by EK but I have a feeling when the CX lounge opens in a couple months that it may be even nicer then any of the business lounges at HKG since its the best carrier at the new T4. Should be interesting to see the reviews!
You don't have access to EK lounge because the lounge EK uses is not run by EK solely. There is also currently no CX lounge - so they are using the one that EK uses in T1.

MH uses a SATS lounge which is actually quite nice.

The QF lounge only opens at 230pm, and the BA one around 6pm I think. And they are in T1. Remember that MH operates from T2.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:51 am

I very much doubt that T4 is going to accept T1/2/3 boarding passes due to being completely sterile. They will unnecessarily be clearing you through security (as you'd have to reclear at the gate again before departing) + having to bus you back from T4. If it's like some European airports e.g. Heathrow T5 it will be difficult to even get back into the arrivals/transit stream once in the departure hall

T4 is very much designed for O&D traffic - hence the choice of airlines - either mainly local traffic or limited in-line connections for someone like Air Asia
Old Jul 17, 2017, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by sammyg901
I very much doubt that T4 is going to accept T1/2/3 boarding passes due to being completely sterile. They will unnecessarily be clearing you through security (as you'd have to reclear at the gate again before departing) + having to bus you back from T4. If it's like some European airports e.g. Heathrow T5 it will be difficult to even get back into the arrivals/transit stream once in the departure hall

T4 is very much designed for O&D traffic - hence the choice of airlines - either mainly local traffic or limited in-line connections for someone like Air Asia
I am going to have to respectfully disagree here with what I think will happen. Look SIN has this reputation of being the worlds best airport and the spectacle that it is I highly doubt that they will "close" it off to just the passengers departing from that terminal. They want as many people to see it as possible and to experience it and spend lots of time there. While it may be somewhat incovenient to clear security again, SIN has been the one airport that is designed for people to spend lots of time in and I think that trend will continue with the new terminal. What people need to understand is SIN is the only destination airport in the world really where people and locals go to spend time. Its due to their reputation and mentality why they will assuredly let anyone pass through with a boarding pass.

Last edited by ASUDan130; Jul 17, 2017 at 5:40 am
Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
You don't have access to EK lounge because the lounge EK uses is not run by EK solely.
Doesn't EK operate their own lounge at SIN?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by eminere
Doesn't EK operate their own lounge at SIN?
Apparently they do, seems re-opened in April.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 10:09 pm

I am going to have to respectfully disagree here with what I think will happen. Look SIN has this reputation of being the worlds best airport and the spectacle that it is I highly doubt that they will "close" it off to just the passengers departing from that terminal. They want as many people to see it as possible and to experience it and spend lots of time there. While it may be somewhat incovenient to clear security again, SIN has been the one airport that is designed for people to spend lots of time in and I think that trend will continue with the new terminal. What people need to understand is SIN is the only destination airport in the world really where people and locals go to spend time. Its due to their reputation and mentality why they will assuredly let anyone pass through with a boarding pass.
We shall see! I have my doubts. T1/2/3 are all one complex with a lot of connecting passengers moving easily between them. T4 is located an awkward bus ride away and the carriers shifting over seem purposefully selected (and have publically stated they are "getting a good deal" to move ) as ones that do not normally connect passengers onto other carriers at Changi. They are also implementing a lot of biometric systems for the first time which usually require integrating into airline departure systems

I don't see this as a high profile launch for Changi - I think "The Jewel" is going to be a far bigger PR deal (and incidentally T4 isn't anywhere near this either!!)
Old Jul 18, 2017, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Apparently they do, seems re-opened in April.
That's what I thought.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 5:10 am

Do you really need to see the CX lounge? It will be solid no doubt but not worth the trek. The new EK lounge is probably better from initial reports from it opening in late April and also you have the QF lounge as well so you have 2 very high quality lounges to choose from that are at worst on the same level as what the CX lounge will be. When EK renovates the lounges they refresh not just the interior but everything and enhance the catering as well. People have even said the new EK lounge surpasses the very very good QF lounge now so the EK lounge should be the go to lounge now at SIN for MH business class passengers. I don't think its a stretch also to say that it could be the 2nd best lounge in all of SIN behind the Private Room for SQ passengers.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by FlyGuy24
Do you really need to see the CX lounge? It will be solid no doubt but not worth the trek. The new EK lounge is probably better from initial reports from it opening in late April and also you have the QF lounge as well so you have 2 very high quality lounges to choose from that are at worst on the same level as what the CX lounge will be. When EK renovates the lounges they refresh not just the interior but everything and enhance the catering as well. People have even said the new EK lounge surpasses the very very good QF lounge now so the EK lounge should be the go to lounge now at SIN for MH business class passengers. I don't think its a stretch also to say that it could be the 2nd best lounge in all of SIN behind the Private Room for SQ passengers.
MH pax does not have access to the EK lounge at SIN or anywhere else, unless they fly in business class on EK operated flights whilst ticketed on MH codeshare.

So, it is irrelevant how luxurious or heaven-like the refurbished EK lounge is at SIN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.