Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MH Arrivals Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2013, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
MH Arrivals Lounge

Hi all,

I'm flying J MH (from BKK) to SIN (KUL-SIN is in Y on SQ using MH codeshare).

I'm in transit for a little while, but appreciate i'm leaving in Y (with no status).

As I arrive in J, does MH have an arrivals lounge in KLIA I can use
Old Jan 2, 2013, 5:12 am
Suspended

You can try the regional Golden Lounge at the main terminal, but be prepared to be turned away since the 'arrivals' lounge is technically supposed to be the main lounge at the satellite terminal. You may however get a funny look from the lounge agents if you turn up at the satellite lounge since MH flights arriving from BKK disembark at the main terminal. Good luck !
Old Jan 3, 2013, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Hi all,

I'm flying J MH (from BKK) to SIN (KUL-SIN is in Y on SQ using MH codeshare).

I'm in transit for a little while, but appreciate i'm leaving in Y (with no status).

As I arrive in J, does MH have an arrivals lounge in KLIA I can use
But you are leaving on SQ. Even though its a codeshare with MH, I think MH would direct you to SQ. I also doubt that you will be able to enter MH lounge as you're 'only' arriving from a regional flight ie BKK. If you came in from say LHR, I'd say you would have more clout.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
But you are leaving on SQ. Even though its a codeshare with MH, I think MH would direct you to SQ. I also doubt that you will be able to enter MH lounge as you're 'only' arriving from a regional flight ie BKK. If you came in from say LHR, I'd say you would have more clout.
I dunno, maybe the MH lounge factsheet shouldn't say that "arriving passengers of Malaysia Airlines Business Class" are allowed to use it, if they don't want arriving passengers to use it

The fact the OP is leaving on SQ metal has got nothing to do with it. Incidentally, MH allows departing passengers to use the Golden Lounge on non-MH metal if the booking is done [in J class] on an MH code; not sure if that's official, but I've got in in the past, and the lounge host has just gone to check my booking is an MH-coded one before admitting me (and it definitely beats the TG lounge at KUL)

Maybe take a print out just in case
Old Jan 4, 2013, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Which was why I was asking about an arrivals lounge - I know I won't get departure lounge access.

I just presumed that MH would either have one, or not, and would have easily identifiable information on their website (I was wrong!). I know the airport quite well, and have no issue scooting through immigration for a few hours to benefit from a lounge.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 4:08 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Which was why I was asking about an arrivals lounge - I know I won't get departure lounge access.

I just presumed that MH would either have one, or not, and would have easily identifiable information on their website (I was wrong!). I know the airport quite well, and have no issue scooting through immigration for a few hours to benefit from a lounge.
As per the linked factsheet above, the (satellite) departures lounge acts as the arrivals lounge for business class. No harm printing out the flyer and asking for access as an arriving passenger - it's an easy ride from the MTB contact pier to the satellite. But don't go through immigration, as there's nothing outside
Old Jan 4, 2013, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kt74
As per the linked factsheet above, the (satellite) departures lounge acts as the arrivals lounge for business class. No harm printing out the flyer and asking for access as an arriving passenger - it's an easy ride from the MTB contact pier to the satellite. But don't go through immigration, as there's nothing outside
Thank you ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.