Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Malaysia Golden Lounge KLIA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2018, 5:07 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by bananahead
What a shambolic airline. Putting out all their 'official opening' stuff only a few days ago for people to arrive to a boarded up construction site.
Sadly have to agree. Also, I would be unhappy to be directed to that C.I P lounge if I were on Malaysia Airlines Business Class. The lack or urgency or indeed the ability to meet a deadline reflects on Malaysia Airlines - even on the standard daily actions like meeting a stated departure time and getting passengers to their destinations around the said arrival time.

Distinct lack of drive and urgency all round.

As for priority boarding.... don't get me started. Maybe I have been flying with them too much lately ?
Old Feb 20, 2018, 11:28 pm

Just in: MH spokesman tells us March 2 for soft opening, March 12 for official opening

https://www.ausbt.com.au/malaysia-ai...penng-to-march

Old Feb 21, 2018, 3:40 am

Apparently, they discovered some problems with the kitchen at the new lounge and have had to get these rectified before the re-opening.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:45 pm

I passed through KUL this morning actually. As my flight landed at around 03:30 my only option was the CIP lounge (MH regional doesn't open until 05:00/CX 06:30) although based on what I heard I used my AMEX Plat to access the Plaza Premium lounge first. Afterwards, I thought i'd might as well go and have a look at the MH CIP lounge as I had some time to kill before the first KLIA Ekspress train at 05:00 (my connection isn't until tonight).

The CIP lounge.....oh dear. It looks like basically a formerly disused room that was hastily turned into a temporary lounge. I did feel terribly sorry for the MH host on the desk. There were a few passengers in front of me gaining entry each of them giving the poor girl a hard time about the still un-opened lounges. I don't see the point of that. I'd rather rant on here than take it out on some poor front line staff member that has zero control over the car crash of a lounge refurbishment.

But you can see why regular customers have become so disappointed. This 'lounge' is a bit of a joke. It's essentially one medium sized room. I have to admit the food located inside was GOOD. There was a delicious chicken rendang and a very good nasi lemak along with the usual cut fruits etc. The choice and quality of food was actually much better than the Plaza Premium lounge. The odd thing is that EVERYTHING is disposable. You drink your coffee from a paper cup and serve your food onto paper plates which you eat with plastic cutlery. Kinda odd. I guess there are no adjoining or nearby washing facilities.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by Zawnet
Apparently, they discovered some problems with the kitchen at the new lounge and have had to get these rectified before the re-opening.
These things happen.

But here's my beef with MH. Their communication. Or complete lack thereof.

It's as if the management almost stick their middle finger up at the paying customer. I passed through KUL the day the lounges were meant to re-open following 'the big announcement' just a few days before. Nothing. Nothing. Just a boarded up construction site. No sign from MH apologising for the latest faux pas. No note on the website APOLOGISING and including an explanation. They just delete any reference to what they said a few days before and almost take a 'f*ck you we will open it when we are ready' approach.

It's a terrible shame as I find MH very good onboard with great front line staff. I was really hoping their new CEO would get some order into the back office but it doesn't seem like he's having much luck.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by djsflynn
Just in: MH spokesman tells us March 2 for soft opening, March 12 for official opening

https://www.ausbt.com.au/malaysia-ai...penng-to-march
I’ll believe it only when I (or better yet, some fellow FTer) sees it!
djsflynn and Globalist like this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 7:24 pm

Mate, I'm right with you there... at this stage, seeing is believing!
Old Feb 23, 2018, 11:42 pm

In the regional lounge now. Front desk is saying a 1st week of March opening in line with the other posters here lately. If anyone's around, Im sitting at the little sitting area beside B2 in green polo and burgundy shorts haha
Old Feb 24, 2018, 4:21 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bananahead
The CIP lounge.....oh dear. It looks like basically a formerly disused room that was hastily turned into a temporary lounge.
Because it is.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 11:14 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by clubeurope
Because it is.
exactly. frankly that old mh first class lounge had also turned into a real dump!
Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
exactly. frankly that old mh first class lounge had also turned into a real dump!
I’d agree that the Business side was definitely looking tired for at least two years, but what exactly was wrong with the First Class side?
clubeurope likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 12:28 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by crackjack
I’d agree that the Business side was definitely looking tired for at least two years, but what exactly was wrong with the First Class side?
There's no spa facility, 10-page a la carte menu, bathtubs, private bedrooms, Porsche transfer to the plane, and 50-foot waterfall
Old Feb 25, 2018, 1:04 am

Programs: MH-Plat OWE, HH-Diamond, SPG-Plat, MR-Plat, IHG-PlatAmb
Talking

Originally Posted by SilverChris
There's no spa facility, 10-page a la carte menu, bathtubs, private bedrooms, Porsche transfer to the plane, and 50-foot waterfall
I think you mean't spa, massage and hair-dressing* facilities and private bedrooms with ensuite facilities*.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 3:26 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SilverChris
Don't forget the fact that it lacks being in a separate terminal
Old Feb 25, 2018, 6:01 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by crackjack

I found service in the restaurant (which used to be so nice) had really gone downhill. I thought the food quality had also declined. When I started flying more through places like DOH and HKG the newer QR and CX lounges are just so good that the MH lounge didn't stack up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.