Amangani, Jackson Hole, WY

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amangani, Jackson Hole, WY

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2021, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by beta1607
Our guide lastyear, Jarrod, was amazing. We were there almost a week, so did the tour plus drove around in the house car a few days. The guide knows where your likely to see bears e.t.c if that's important to you.

Also strong recommend White Buffalo for dinner.
Thanks so much for this - Here now, and I wasn’t aware of the house car until I read your comment (nobody mentioned it at any point during pre-arrival or check in ). Going to take it out today
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 10:28 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Have a wonderful stay . We had a blast , seems like “ decades “ ago now !
We were driven about & dropped off / picked up in Jackson all the time in one of the house “ cars “ . Including Grand Tetons & vicinity .

How is the spa now ? Was not a real spa when we stayed , nonetheless comfortable .. AMAN .
Old Oct 18, 2021, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
How is the spa now ? Was not a real spa when we stayed , nonetheless comfortable .. AMAN .
Thanks, the spa is still small, they have 2 steam rooms (1 male / 1 female) which are open to hotel guests (even without a spa appointment). No other facilities though.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 7:41 pm

Quick review about our 5-night honeymoon stay:
  • Pre-arrival was ... not great. I was expecting a welcome email, but never received one. About a week out, I proactively emailed the hotel instead and it took them ~2 days or so to respond. I learned after arrival that the person I was corresponding with also works at the front desk, so that might have put a delay on responses.
  • We got married just a few days before our stay. This was recognized by a card left in the room and a small bottle of champagne. But besides that, nobody mentioned anything about it. It did slip up in conversations with the person who picked us up from the airport, and the in-hour tour guide. Both were surprised to learn that we are newlyweds.
    Now I am definitely NOT the type of person that expects the world to stop and congratulate us , so this was fine. But it was definitely a stark contrast to our stay earlier this year at Giri, when I was celebrating a birthday, and pretty much the entire hotel made sure to congratulate me on the day of.
  • I thought the food was delicious. Loved the hash brown and french toast on the breakfast menu. The menu COULD use some variety, though. They had the same menu for our entire stay (including the same special) and we were getting a little sick of it.
  • There are apparently 2 house cars (as FlyerEC pointed out above) that can be borrowed as a part of the BMW Test Drive program. The in-house tour guide mentioned that they don't advertise it as they only have 2 (not sure if they had more in the past). I vaguely remember Giri having a similar program, although there was a limit on how far you can take the car. There was no such limit at Gani, you just need to book in advance, and can only do so once during the stay. We took ours to Grand Teton NP. They did remind us to fill up the gas before returning the car, which again was fine, but somewhat not the Aman way in my (humble) opinion Strange that they had no qualms about handing us the key to a $100k car, but would stress about $20 in gas
  • I did ask above if the $700 Grand Teton tour is worth it (versus just doing it yourself), and to answer my own question, it was. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and took us to some stops with great views that we most likely would have missed.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 12:33 am

Looking here for next ski season. Is it still consensus to stay at the FS instead if you're mainly looking to ski/snowboard?
Old Mar 13, 2022, 9:53 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Yes. The FS is ski in/ski out. Aman is 30 minutes away.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 12:23 pm

I just stayed last week at FS JH. I heard Amangani has regular shuttles to Alpine Teton Village, if you don't mind the time there and back. Let me know if you have any questions about FS JH.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 1:20 pm

I heard Canyon Equity has sold Amangani to a UHNW family. Not sure if anything is going to change but interesting to hear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.