Amangani, Jackson Hole, WY

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amangani, Jackson Hole, WY

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:38 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by MicSanToro
Glad you liked the review! Good to hear you enjoyed Gani in non-ski season, I definitely need to come back down to Jackson in the late spring/summer to experience it. I've also got to remember Snake River Grill next time I'm in Jackson!
Originally Posted by TardisAMG
Don't deceive readers with these ridiculous posts.

Amangani is an Aman hotel in name only. It is not a "true" Aman.
If you have stayed at other Aman properties Amangani will be a disappointment. There are essentially no similarities other than the daily service fee.
The restaurant is average not anything close to original or fine dining. A large portion of the staff are transients from California looking for tips constantly.
The location is the worst of any Aman I have stayed at lacks any originality, pretty much shares parking with Granary. Clearly not a unique location.
Just a really big disappointment. Probably the best hotel in the Area. However for the price stay at the Four seasons and save yourself much aggrevation.
We enjoyed our stay during her early days & did not experience your issues . Definitely not like an Asian Aman even then for service but that is the USA for you . Back then , Amans were simple fare , home cooked almost . Not fine dining - not part of Aman ethos .
The team should be parking for you .
The views from anywhere onsite bar the spa are spectacular . We stayed early May .
Have not been able to return , hopefully sooner than later , so many Amans these days to stay .
Fliar and scented like this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
However for the price stay at the Four seasons and save yourself much aggrevation.
Not the biggest fan of Amangiri but can't understand your comment about location. Also in which Four Season would you stay? Scotsdale?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 4:55 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by offerendum

Not the biggest fan of Amangiri but can't understand your comment about location. Also in which Four Season would you stay? Scotsdale?
I thought this is about Amangani, so the FS would be Jackson Hole.

Early morning?
Fliar likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:07 pm

If you go to Amangani for a view of farm then its a good choice. If the expect to see the Tetons without neck strain stay next door at the Granary.
If you want a restaurant where they minibus in Four seasons guests it's a good choice. Remember to make restaurant your reservations though or you will end up at the FS for dinner ( talk about irony).
If you have any expectation of Aman service go somewhere else.
It is an Aman in the USA but that doesnt mean you should expect less. This place is a blight on the Aman name.
Its the equivalent of american airlines
You are entitled to your opinion and Gani always had patchy moments when things weren’t stellar.

I have only stayed once years ago and haven’t returned but thought there were some caring team members back then.

Every comment here is justified and welcome, including yours which can be very valuable to adjust to US service standards and challenges due to the local culture and labor market, such as unions. I do not agree however with your sentiment about ‘misleading’ posts here. If you have been to various Amans as you say yourself, you are an experienced traveler enough to know how different different hospitality markets can be.
Fliar and FlyerEC like this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by offerendum
Just pointing out this thread is about Amangani, in Jackson Hole - not the Aman on the Utah/Arizona border.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 1:27 am

Programs: some
Gani was my least favourite Aman (of 24 I have stayed in so far) mainy because I think it is so hugely overpriced. Having said that, the views are amazing, the pool and spa are great and the rooms are beautiful. Although not up to the standards of other Amans it is still a beautiful hotel.
FlyerEC and scented like this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:31 am

Agree let folks figure it out themselves
Old Feb 24, 2019, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by chinmoylad
I thought this is about Amangani, so the FS would be Jackson Hole.

Early morning?
Early morning can't be the excuse but perhaps I find something Without question a nonsense comment from me
Jerkstore likes this.
Old May 18, 2019, 2:27 pm

Hi folks --

Question, as I'm trying to decide between Amangani and FS. Seeing a lot of comments here and elsewhere saying "for that price, you're better off staying at FS" -- can someone elaborate?

For reference, the trip is a short, three-night honeymoon in September, so no plans to ski. From what I can see, FS is only ~$150 cheaper per night (less depending on the rate I go with) and a much bigger property, so struggling to see the big upside to FS>Amangani.

Thanks in advance!
Old May 19, 2019, 11:20 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by margiggles
Hi folks --

Question, as I'm trying to decide between Amangani and FS. Seeing a lot of comments here and elsewhere saying "for that price, you're better off staying at FS" -- can someone elaborate?

For reference, the trip is a short, three-night honeymoon in September, so no plans to ski. From what I can see, FS is only ~$150 cheaper per night (less depending on the rate I go with) and a much bigger property, so struggling to see the big upside to FS>Amangani.

Thanks in advance!
It’s been a few years. But we’ve stayed at the Grand Teton Suite at Amangani and in a Presidential Suite at the FS. We only would stay at the FS during ski season. Period.

Our last stay at the Grand Teton Suite at Amangani also was in September. It’s the better choice and view and location. No question. Even for $200 difference IMO.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: AMEX Cent., Relais & Chateaux, LHW, SLH
We're actually going to Amangani this weekend. It was a last minute decision, wanted to book 3 nights but only 2 nights available so we're doing two nights at Gani and one at FS.

Agree with bhrubin, if you're skiing, FS would be the ideal choice, actually prob my fav ski hotel in the US location wise.

But if you're not skiing, view at Amangani is breathtaking, and I'd totally recommend for your Sep. trip!
FlyerEC and bhrubin like this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 4:34 pm

We stayed on a FHR rate this past weekend. This was our first time at an Aman property and for us it was the best hotel we've ever stayed in. The hotel seemed like it might have been 50% full? Even so, we would rarely see other people. We were surprised with various gifts 4-5 times throughout the stay that made it feel really special. We look forward to visiting more of their properties in the future.

The only issue I can recall was our draft bill, given out on the last night. There was about $1k of extra charges that shouldn't have been incurred, including breakfast which was included through FHR. I swung by the desk in the morning and they fixed it in under a minute.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 5:10 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by JL Spencer
We stayed on a FHR rate this past weekend. This was our first time at an Aman property and for us it was the best hotel we've ever stayed in. The hotel seemed like it might have been 50% full? Even so, we would rarely see other people. We were surprised with various gifts 4-5 times throughout the stay that made it feel really special. We look forward to visiting more of their properties in the future.

The only issue I can recall was our draft bill, given out on the last night. There was about $1k of extra charges that shouldn't have been incurred, including breakfast which was included through FHR. I swung by the desk in the morning and they fixed it in under a minute.
Glad you had a great trip! And best of all, if you liked Amangani, the odds are that other Amans will only impress you more. Up hill from here
susanc, offerendum and FlyerEC like this.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 7:50 pm

For those of you who have been there, is it worth it to do the Grand Tetons tour vs just driving to the park yourself? Thank you!
Old Oct 9, 2021, 9:07 pm

Programs: SPG GOLD
Originally Posted by benjinito
For those of you who have been there, is it worth it to do the Grand Tetons tour vs just driving to the park yourself? Thank you!
Our guide lastyear, Jarrod, was amazing. We were there almost a week, so did the tour plus drove around in the house car a few days. The guide knows where your likely to see bears e.t.c if that's important to you.

Also strong recommend White Buffalo for dinner.
FlyerEC and benjinito like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.