Amangani, Jackson Hole, WY

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amangani, Jackson Hole, WY

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2011, 6:48 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

any recent stays? We have some time in October coming up and this is on the radar... Is october a reasonable time (end of OCtober) or will we catch some snow at that point?

I see they are doing dinner inclusive if >4 day stays right now; any idea of any fall specials?

thanks
FDW
Old Jul 28, 2011, 7:00 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by instyleprincess
I stayed at both Amangani & FS Jackson Hole during my last trip in Jackson, and I'd recommend Amangani for summer, FS Jackson Hole for winter
This is the right call for JAC.
Old May 17, 2013, 4:58 pm
Community Director Emerita

Does the property have a minimum stay requirement in summer?
Old May 17, 2013, 7:59 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Another question: Is March a good time to visit Amangani?
Old May 17, 2013, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Another question: Is March a good time to visit Amangani?
It is 43 degrees F right now (May 17)... Tomorrow's high 59. (15 F at the top of Jackson Hole!)

So, my answer for you would be yes, March would be wonderful!

If skiing is your thing...

Ski Season at Jackson Hole (2012 - 2013): November 24, 2012 to April 7, 2013

Last edited by LarkSFO; May 18, 2013 at 7:35 am
Old May 17, 2013, 11:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
I have no idea about the minimum stay requirement in summer, but we were there in early March and had a fabulous time. We aren't skiers, and went to enjoy the winter scenery and wildlife, and just to enjoy ourselves in the hotel (the AH amenities offered for a three-night stay were perfect for this). We did take the shuttle over to Teton Village one day to look around and have lunch, and we were so happy we stayed at the Amangani and not the FS.

While there were a few small glitches at the Amangani, it was the best overall hotel experience we've had in the US.

We were told that March was somewhat quieter as the peak sking season ends at the end of February. I'm guessing the hotel had about 50% occupancy when we were there.
Old May 23, 2013, 6:18 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Thanks, folks. Solid intelligence.
Old May 23, 2013, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by jiaotze
I have no idea about the minimum stay requirement in summer, but we were there in early March and had a fabulous time. We aren't skiers, and went to enjoy the winter scenery and wildlife, and just to enjoy ourselves in the hotel (the AH amenities offered for a three-night stay were perfect for this). We did take the shuttle over to Teton Village one day to look around and have lunch, and we were so happy we stayed at the Amangani and not the FS.

While there were a few small glitches at the Amangani, it was the best overall hotel experience we've had in the US.

We were told that March was somewhat quieter as the peak sking season ends at the end of February. I'm guessing the hotel had about 50% occupancy when we were there.
Can you say why you would not stay at FS Jackson Hole? Is it mainly because you don't have the views that Amangani provides?

I've stayed at FS Jackson Hole three times and really enjoyed it. It seems like it has more amenities and greater value compared to Amangani. I've had lunch at Amangani, so the views are amazing.

My two favorite resorts are FS Hualalai & Amangiri - so I'm not biased.
Old May 23, 2013, 10:13 pm

As I mentioned, we aren't skiers, and the hustle and bustle of Teton Village was not what we were looking for. We loved the views offered by the Amangani, as well as the serenity and décor of the place.
Old May 23, 2013, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by jiaotze
As I mentioned, we aren't skiers, and the hustle and bustle of Teton Village was not what we were looking for. We loved the views offered by the Amangani, as well as the serenity and décor of the place.
Did you go snowmobiling? Yellowstone?

There are other outdoor activities besides skiing in the winter, but they are all cold!
Old May 24, 2013, 4:11 am

We did a sled dog excursion and also did a wild life tour.

You're right, it was still really cold when we were there, but we're from the tropics, so the cold and snow were novel for us. We also enjoyed gazing at the mountains from the pool at the Amangani and just relaxing by the fireplaces.
Old May 24, 2013, 10:03 am

Any thoughts on what there is to do here in Summer/Fall? I've looked at the site and see their "specials", but am curious if any of you others have some suggestions.
Old May 24, 2013, 10:37 am

Talking

Originally Posted by aa213bb
Any thoughts on what there is to do here in Summer/Fall? I've looked at the site and see their "specials", but am curious if any of you others have some suggestions.
Summer is the busiest time of year in the area! So much to do (and so many people)... Yellowstone and the Tetons are amazing...

Fall things slow down, but still lots to do.

Check out 'the experience' and 'exclusives' tabs on Amangani web site. Gives an idea of the possibilities...
Old May 24, 2013, 11:31 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Originally Posted by aa213bb
We were there in late spring and went horseback riding. There is also the option of doing a ride and a cowboy cookout!

I hate that we didn't go to Yellowstone at all. We should have gone w/a wildlife guide.

Ask them to send you the Word doc of activities. There are LOTS of options.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 12:08 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Does anyone has any experience with the Amangani Suite. There seems to be very little detail to be found about this suite type. Even searching for images is problematic when the suite name is identical to the hotel name.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.