Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Peninsula Beijing vs. Ritz Beijing vs. Four Seasons Beijing vs. JW Marriot Beijing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Peninsula Beijing vs. Ritz Beijing vs. Four Seasons Beijing vs. JW Marriot Beijing

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:55 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Currently staying at Four Seasons after switching mid-trip from Conrad due to bad experience so short review here.

Booked a suite for 2 nights. It wasn't the biggest I've stayed in but it had absolutely everything in terms of amenities and space I could need. Everything spotless and had the feels-like-home thing going on which I really liked. Soft product was second to none, they do anything for you. On our last night in the exec lounge they asked what time would we like to check out the next day and I said "a bit later than noon if possible as our flight isn't leaving until midnight". The agent asked if a 5PM checkout was ok and also invited us to hang in the lounge for the evening for cocktails and such.

All in all this is in the top 3 in my all-time non-resort type of hotel experiences.
Old May 21, 2018, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by AnttiV
Currently staying at Four Seasons after switching mid-trip from Conrad due to bad experience so short review here.

Booked a suite for 2 nights. It wasn't the biggest I've stayed in but it had absolutely everything in terms of amenities and space I could need. Everything spotless and had the feels-like-home thing going on which I really liked. Soft product was second to none, they do anything for you. On our last night in the exec lounge they asked what time would we like to check out the next day and I said "a bit later than noon if possible as our flight isn't leaving until midnight". The agent asked if a 5PM checkout was ok and also invited us to hang in the lounge for the evening for cocktails and such.

All in all this is in the top 3 in my all-time non-resort type of hotel experiences.
We were also at the Four Seasons this April and I'd have a hard time finding anything to complain about. As return guests we were greeted at the door, they were prepared for us and knew our names. Mrs. Milepig received flowers and we were whisked away to our room, which was identical to the one we'd stayed in before and complimented them on - different floor, but same location.A couple special items we'd asked for were there with no fuss. A few little extra things appeared during our stay - fruit plate, macarons, etc. We found the lounge staff to be delightful and as expected by our second time they knew our names and drink preferences. We'd intended to eat breakfast in the lobby for the selection but it is a vast not terribly inviting space which can be very busy feeling. We opted for the lounge and found the selection to be very good if not quite as expansive, with the staff willing to make you almost whatever you desired. There seemed to be food of some sort almost all day, all of it tasty. We did have one laughable moment when we called down to get a vase for the flowers we'd been presented and they kept trying to confirm that we were looking for a copy of the bill. But it got sorted with no real issue, mostly funny.

The FS has proven to be our "home" in Beijing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.