Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Peninsula Beijing vs. Ritz Beijing vs. Four Seasons Beijing vs. JW Marriot Beijing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Peninsula Beijing vs. Ritz Beijing vs. Four Seasons Beijing vs. JW Marriot Beijing

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2011, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by moondog
Since you bumped this thread (not sure why, but no fault of yours) again today, I decided to reread it and have determined that it is completely insane.
^^^^^
Old Jun 8, 2011, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since you bumped this thread (not sure why, but no fault of yours) again today, I decided to reread it and have determined that it is completely insane.
Well said.
By the way- I would suggest the Bulgari is by far the best hotel in Beijing
Old Jun 8, 2011, 1:17 pm

Programs: F
What about the Fairmont? Anyone tried it? TA raves about it, but that's not always a good guide.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 4:52 am

Programs: BA BD SA
I was very impressed. Have posted a fairly comprehensive stay report on the Fairmont forum. But as it's the only hotel I've stayed in in Beijing, I have no idea where it would rank.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by redshift27
What about the Fairmont? Anyone tried it? TA raves about it, but that's not always a good guide.
Fairmont has a very good reputation- I have not stayed there but it seems to make people very happy. Personally I still like the Kerry Centre (by Shangri-La)- great location for working, Centro is nice, the Horizon Club is excellent- Junior Suites very spacious- it is not a true luxury hotel but I would give it a good 4.5 stars.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 7:06 am

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
I stayed at the penn on a really cheap rate (less then $150) a few month back and although I was not rating it as a luxury but simply a decent place to stay while on business and I had two major issues that for me are a no-go:
-The food was horrible in the restaurant and room service (breakfast and lunch) and I am not picky. But on business I often eat in the hotel and this is a problem for me, especially when in China, HK you often find some of the nicest breakfast spread...
-The room was way too small

- On the plus side the SPA was quite cheap they had a special...

I am going back to Beijing in a couple of weeks and cannot decide where to stay, maybe Shangrila? seems OK. Park Hyatt and Ritz are too much for this trip.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 7:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by david-alexis

I am going back to Beijing in a couple of weeks and cannot decide where to stay, maybe Shangrila? seems OK. Park Hyatt and Ritz are too much for this trip.
The Shangri La is a nice hotel, but it might as well be on Mars, assuming your meetings are anywhere close to the CBD. If you tell me where you need to be (either in this thread or via PM), I will give you some good recs; Beijing is awash with 5 star hotels that are a bit off the radar.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 7:51 am

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
The Shangri La is a nice hotel, but it might as well be on Mars, assuming your meetings are anywhere close to the CBD. If you tell me where you need to be (either in this thread or via PM), I will give you some good recs; Beijing is awash with 5 star hotels that are a bit off the radar.
I will have meetings in the Fengtai district, which seems far from everything...
Thanks Moondog
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Am looking at options for a three night stay in April. I'm considering the RC (original location) or Westin Chaoyang. PH doesn't look too appealing to me. Any advice?
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Am looking at options for a three night stay in April. I'm considering the RC (original location) or Westin Chaoyang. PH doesn't look too appealing to me. Any advice?
Financial Street? You're all over the map. Where do you need to be?
Old Mar 4, 2012, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stay as close as you can to your meetings. The traffic around the Westin area is very intense.

When I do need to stay around that area I tend to stay at the Kerry Centre which is not a Luxury Hotel but is very convenient and the staff on the Horizon Club level are excellent.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Stay as close as you can to your meetings. The traffic around the Westin area is very intense.

When I do need to stay around that area I tend to stay at the Kerry Centre which is not a Luxury Hotel but is very convenient and the staff on the Horizon Club level are excellent.
The Westin is at Liangma Qiao, and the Kerry is in the CBD (different areas). Insofar as the "luxury" coefficient is concerned, I would have to say that neither is all that luxurious, but the Kerry much more well known.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 5:16 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Financial Street? You're all over the map. Where do you need to be?
Shows you how little I know about the geography in PEK! I do need to be near Financial Street one day but also want to see some of the tourist and cultural sights. I'm inclined to go for the RC, but perhaps the Financial Street location in all around better option despite being more than double cost.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 6:45 pm

Shows you how little I know about the geography in PEK! I do need to be near Financial Street one day but also want to see some of the tourist and cultural sights. I'm inclined to go for the RC, but perhaps the Financial Street location in all around better option despite being more than double cost.
If you only need to be in the Financial Street area for one day, there is little point in staying there; focus on hotels that are east of Wangfujing. Feel free to PM me if you want more detailed suggestions (I have excellent corporate rates at a few properties that I'm not comfortable sharing on a public forum).
Old Mar 24, 2012, 6:08 pm

If you only need to be in the Financial Street area for one day, there is little point in staying there; focus on hotels that are east of Wangfujing. Feel free to PM me if you want more detailed suggestions (I have excellent corporate rates at a few properties that I'm not comfortable sharing on a public forum).
Decided to stay at the original RC in Chaoyang in a club room. Should be a good location although this property is slightly dated compared to the Financial Street location. Will report back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.