Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Peninsula Beijing vs. Ritz Beijing vs. Four Seasons Beijing vs. JW Marriot Beijing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Peninsula Beijing vs. Ritz Beijing vs. Four Seasons Beijing vs. JW Marriot Beijing

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Decided to stay at the original RC in Chaoyang in a club room. Should be a good location although this property is slightly dated compared to the Financial Street location. Will report back.
It is newer.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moondog
It is newer.
indeed - http://marriott2.typepad.com/files/p...ct-sheet-2.pdf
i would have sworn there was an RC before financial street.

You can swear all you like, but I lived in Blue Castle when the RC/JW were under construction (very messy), and dined at the RC Financial Street during the same time frame.
that wasnt my point, but i guess i dont really know how to explain it.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 25, 2012 at 12:03 pm
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
http://marriott2.typepad.com/files/p...ct-sheet-2.pdf
i would have sworn there was an RC before financial street.
You can swear all you like, but I lived in Blue Castle when the RC/JW were under construction (very messy), and dined at the RC Financial Street during the same time frame.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
It is newer.
Interesting I guess given the more traditional decor compared to the Financial Street I assumed it was older. At any rate, I'm looking forward to my stay.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:47 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Amex Plat
Apologies for the bump, but was wondering whether AAerSTL would mind sharing his/her experience at the Ritz-Carlton Beijing (not the one in the Financial District). Or anybody else who's stayed there recently.

I'm planning my first trip to Beijing in mid-October and I'm leaning towards this particular RC property, although I'm open to alternatives such as the Pen, Park Hyatt or even the RC Financial District.

I'm just tagging along with some friends who'll be going for business and staying close to the China Hall of Science and Technology - which seems accessible from the RC via Line 1 of the subway/metro. Just mentioning this for location purposes, but other than the CHS&T I don't have to be anywhere else in particular and will only be doing tourist stuff.

Thanks in advance for any insights.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by doclkk
So sounds like Raffles is a no go =P

China World and Shangri La ...

I haven't stayed at China World. I've been to the hotel a lot because the shopping center underground and to go ice skating with friends. The concierge there spoke less than ok English when I was asking for a Thatsbeijing magazine.

Shangri La - Definitely awesome. I guess I didn't really think to put Shangri La in the same category. In my opinion, Shangri La is like an S class Benz or a 7 series BMW. By all standards, definitely super super nice - but its not really luxury. I never realy thought to compare Shangri-La to luxury hotels but of the top hotel chains, I'd say Shangri-La is all around solid and probably the strongest out of the non-luxury chains - better than hilton/marriott/starwood. I've never been to bad or even just a "good" Shangri-La. All of them are excellent.

I've been to bad and awful hiltons, marriotts and starwoods.

Last thing, the Shangri-LA I'm referencing is Haidian - not really a wonderful location ...

I think what really differentiated the difference was service/quality/hotness of staff.

At Hilton / Hyatt Beijing etc - you get a LOT of staff. It's like they will zerg you in order to meet your needs. I loved it. Getting 10 people at your side is awesome, but most of them speak less than perfect English with the occassional Chinese American working there too who I typically go to, but again, QUALITY is lacking, but they sorta make up for it in quantity. It's very nice at a restaurant to have 3 people waiting on each person in your party.

I feel that Shangri-La - you won't really find any Chinese Americans working at the hotel at all. Just local Chinese folks with a lot of students that are ex Beijing Foreign Studies University who speak very proficient English, but wouldn't understand Eminem.

At the Pen / Ritz / JW - you find Chinese Americans that speak English and Mandarin that are interested in a career in hospitality and understanding the tastes of western cultures.

I personally think that the service at Pen / Ritz / JW is comparable to the service you'll get at the Conrad / W in Hong Kong. HK service > BJ service. Everyone speaks very good English, they know foreign cultures and can get you reservations pretty much anywhere you want.
How about Concierge quality? Any hotel(s) that stand out from the rest?
Old Feb 16, 2013, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
I would say Kerry Centre (I keep their number in my phone).
Old Feb 16, 2013, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
In the luxury hotels , for me both Hyatts have very very good concierges now. The grand ( almost luxury ) provably have an edge and are passionately into their jobs !

Unlike the actors with a flair for theatrics eg at the Charles in Munich ...( but I must add with substance ) !!
Old Feb 18, 2013, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would say Kerry Centre (I keep their number in my phone).
+1- another reason I have used this hotel quite frequently in the past few years.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 5:16 pm

Bump. I;m guessing now the 4 seasons opened it's the best? Otherwise thinking about the Park Hyatt. If quality is the same, might as well earn some status.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 2:28 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by HumbleBee
Bump. I;m guessing now the 4 seasons opened it's the best? Otherwise thinking about the Park Hyatt. If quality is the same, might as well earn some status.
I stayed at the Four Seasons Beijing last year. Rooms are good, as expected for a new hotel. Service is by the book and inconsistent, typical of most mainland hotels including FS. F&B is good, the Chinese restaurant surprisingly excellent.

You can read my review here :

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...g-Beijing.html
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
any updates?

Trying to find good reviews of club lounges in beijing and coming up short.

Four seasons lounge?
Fairmont gold lounge?
Rosewood lounge?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA, AS, WN
Originally Posted by kar don
any updates?

Trying to find good reviews of club lounges in beijing and coming up short.

Four seasons lounge?
Fairmont gold lounge?
Rosewood lounge?
The Rosewood Manor Club lounge is fantastic. Had a stay in a suite there last November.
kar don likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
bearbrick talks highly of the rosewood too... For a 3 night stay it is about 4500 CNY more than the FS club room.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:07 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
No plans as of yet to return to Beijing any time soon, but I'm curious how my friends here in the Luxury Forum see the St Regis Beijing compared to these other luxury hotels.

Thanks for your feedback. I'm SPG Plat100 so I get extremely good treatment at all SPG hotels. We stayed at the Aman Summer Palace on our last visit, which was nice. But we'd likely prefer to stay more central on any next visit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.