Search

Ritz Carlton club lounge pass

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2008, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Continetnal Silver
Ritz Carlton club lounge pass

Hello,

Does anyone know if the pass for Ritz Carlton club lounge can be purchased?
Old Jun 17, 2008, 6:01 am

No, the only way you get into the Ritz Club is by booking a Club room or suite with privileges.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP | UA Million Miler Gold (former decade-long 1K) | SPG Plat | Hyatt Plat | Avis Chairman
Ask when you check-in if you can purchase lounge access for your stay. The rate for this has gone up over the years but can still be had at a discount to pre-reserved club room rates IME. Last time I recall, I paid an extra $100/nt. YMMV though: at the RCCP it's more like $200/nt, still worth it IMO, but not much savings necessarily over what you could have booked in advance.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I was recently able to purchase club access to a Ritz-Carlton for a Points stay (unfortunately, I could only pay for the access with money, not points...)
Old Oct 13, 2011, 7:57 am

I have negotiated access to the Club at check-in, either as an extension of the hotel's good will or for a nominal fee (usually 50% of the going Club premium). If it's important to you, book it in advance, but I've found that many Ritz's are lenient on extending access, particularly if you've booked a suite and/or are a frequent guest at that particular property.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 11:57 am

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
I recall having club access while staying in the Lanai wing at the RC South Beach. The Lanai rooms did not include club access so I made some kind of arrangements at check-in.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 4:18 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by m.photog
I recall having club access while staying in the Lanai wing at the RC South Beach. The Lanai rooms did not include club access so I made some kind of arrangements at check-in.
I stayed at the RC-SB once in a corner oceanfront suite in one of the low rise sections of the property. The rate was ~$2,000 a night. I was surprised that the room didn't include club access. I made request to get access, and it was granted with no extra charge.

At other properties, when staying in a regular room, I've bought club access for $50. A big variable seems to be how occupied the club floor is. The agents always say, "let me see how fulll the club is" (or something of the sort) before agreeing.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Delta Gold
$49 at Ritz Carlton Cleveland a few months ago.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Much more expensive in Japan. I was quoted 12,500 yen (about $160 USD) a night.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 8:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
RC Singapore was $60 US per day few months back.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 11:28 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
If you're going to partake in a few cocktails in the evening - and you're traveling as a couple - at these prices, the lounge access basically pays for itself.

The breakfasts are usually pretty substantial, too, though you should always book RCs through a RC-stars agent or Amex FHR to get the breakfast benefit - which makes the breakfast aspect of the lounge less valuable.

At some lounges (particularly in the gulf), the food offerings at meal time are more than sufficient for a meal. Avoiding one lunch or dinner for two a day will also save you a hundo easily.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 3:20 pm

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by NYBanker
If you're going to partake in a few cocktails in the evening - and you're traveling as a couple - at these prices, the lounge access basically pays for itself.

The breakfasts are usually pretty substantial, too, though you should always book RCs through a RC-stars agent or Amex FHR to get the breakfast benefit - which makes the breakfast aspect of the lounge less valuable.

At some lounges (particularly in the gulf), the food offerings at meal time are more than sufficient for a meal. Avoiding one lunch or dinner for two a day will also save you a hundo easily.
Any data points on RC HKG?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 4:10 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by hdawg
Any data points on RC HKG?
My experience is one year old. There was a wide array of food throughout the day. It's easy to make a meal of it, though with such outstanding restaurants in Hong Kong that would be a shame.

The Ritz Carlton credit card comes with 4 club upgrades, a very nice perk.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Much more expensive in Japan. I was quoted 12,500 yen a night.
That was for Osaka. Tokyo was 20000 yen a night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.