Old Jul 23, 2014, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP-6MM; Starwood Lifetime Platinum
St. Regis Florence Hotel Review

The St. Regis Florence

Map| 5 Reviews | 80% Recommended

The St. Regis Florence

Piazza Ognissanti 1 Florence, IT 50123

St. Regis Florence Hotel Review (0 Photo)

The St. Regis Florence

Just returned from a stay at the St. Regis Florence. The renovation was incredible and service outstanding from start to finish.

Service

Marcello at the front desk who used to work at the Westin, remembered me from my previous stays there and provided very personalized service. Untrue to form, I passed on the points opting for a bottle of Chianti Classico and a bottle of Tuscan white for my wife. The wine was waiting in the room when we got there.

Concierge staff was efficient. Service in general was excellent. The word "no" is not in the staff's vocabulary.

Butler service was offered, but really not necessary although the cappuchino and coffee delivered to the room each morning was quite nice as well as the shoe shining.

Room

We were given the Michaelangelo Suite on the 4th floor overlooking the Arno. The balcony was accessible from the living area and bedroom. The balcony offered fantastic sunset views over the Tuscan hills. Very nice with a glass of wine.

The suite itself, more like a junior suite was quite large with wood flooring throughout and tastefully decorated. The newness really shows. The bed was made up of two twins put together as a king, but you would not know the difference.

Bathroom

The bathroom was marble, with a tub and separate walk in shower. The tv in the mirror was a pretty cool touch.

Dining

With the exception of continental breakfast, we didn't eat at the hotel although the restaurant menu looked promising and was surprisingly reasonably priced.

Business Center

The business center was decorated like a library and had mac and pc's with printers.

Overall

Overall, the renovation made a huge difference, just walk across the Piazza and check out the Excelsior and you'll understand. Points and promo-points were posted promptly. I look forward to returning.

St. Regis Florence Hotel Review

Would you like to write a review on the The St. Regis Florence?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.