Reload this Page >

best hotel in Hong Kong

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best hotel in Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2015, 1:24 am

FS just got the Best hotel/resort award in East Asia from Gallivanter for what its worth!
Old Feb 5, 2015, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by JohnRain
Is this still the case in 2015?
I'm not sure. You'd have to call either CTS or the hotel to find out.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
When are you going? (I'm asking because I'll have to take a decision within the next 4 weeks)
End of February

Originally Posted by HKTraveler
FS just got the Best hotel/resort award in East Asia from Gallivanter for what its worth!
Don´t know if it´s worth something, but it´s always nice to hear such things before a stay
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
After quite some research (and many helpful posts in this thread), I decided to book 3 nights at the MO and 3 at the FS.
I'll therefore experience both the unique Asian atmosphere of the MO that so many have highlighted and also the fantastic pool area of the FS (I hope that the weather will be warm enough in Mid-April).
Old Feb 15, 2015, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

After quite some research (and many helpful posts in this thread), I decided to book 3 nights at the MO and 3 at the FS.
I'll therefore experience both the unique Asian atmosphere of the MO that so many have highlighted and also the fantastic pool area of the FS (I hope that the weather will be warm enough in Mid-April).
I'm sure you'll have a great time!
Old Feb 19, 2015, 7:41 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
best hotel in Hong Kong

Just arrived at The Upper House and it blows me away by its clean aesthetics, style and amenities. Could be an Aman by the looks of it. Wonderful !!
Old Feb 20, 2015, 4:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ngfan
Just arrived at The Upper House and it blows me away by its clean aesthetics, style and amenities. Could be an Aman by the looks of it. Wonderful !!
I just left this morning! Shame we missed each other. I totally agree with you we had an amazing stay. The service is so good. Have you met Kristina, head of guest relations, yet? She is so on the ball and really made our stay. Enjoy!
Old Feb 20, 2015, 4:35 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Originally Posted by Londonjetsetter
Quote:

I just left this morning! Shame we missed each other. I totally agree with you we had an amazing stay. The service is so good. Have you met Kristina, head of guest relations, yet? She is so on the ball and really made our stay. Enjoy!
Haven't met Kristina yet but Peggy who dropped by to introduce herself. Heading now to Café Grey Deluxe for CNY Fireworks Dinner The room amenities are really great as is the Big Bar...
Old Feb 20, 2015, 8:11 am

You amaze me - all of you. Spend time and examine the quality of the furnishings and then tell me it could be an Aman. Spend time in the garden (which is lovely) an has a nice little coffee bar there. Then ask where the restrooms are - the 49th floor! Are you seriously impressed with the restaurant? Honestly?

OK, you get lots of space for a lot less than you would pay in MO or FS, but no, do not compare this to an Aman. Aman would never convert an ex-Marriott residence into a hotel - well, in the past they wouldn't, but maybe now
Old Feb 20, 2015, 8:59 am

As far as I know the Atrium Servived apartments (currently UH) had no connection with JW Marriott apart from being in the same building.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by quitecontrary
As far as I know the Atrium Servived apartments (currently UH) had no connection with JW Marriott apart from being in the same building.
I promise you that The Upper House was created from JW Marriott residences. Not a problem for me, as they gutted the building when Upper House took over, but even so, the finish, for me, is below par. Certainly not comparable to an Aman.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
You amaze me - all of you. Spend time and examine the quality of the furnishings and then tell me it could be an Aman. Spend time in the garden (which is lovely) an has a nice little coffee bar there. Then ask where the restrooms are - the 49th floor! Are you seriously impressed with the restaurant? Honestly?

OK, you get lots of space for a lot less than you would pay in MO or FS, but no, do not compare this to an Aman. Aman would never convert an ex-Marriott residence into a hotel - well, in the past they wouldn't, but maybe now
49th floor...and the elevator was out of order ? hahahhaah
Old Feb 21, 2015, 6:56 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I promise you that The Upper House was created from JW Marriott residences. Not a problem for me, as they gutted the building when Upper House took over, but even so, the finish, for me, is below par. Certainly not comparable to an Aman.
The apartments had no connection to JW Marriott. They were owned by Swire from the start. I do not recall a problem with the finishing, and some of the Amans are showing their age as it is with regards to furnishings (Amanusa comes to mind - but they are old hotels so...)

Originally Posted by cedricgerald
49th floor...and the elevator was out of order ? hahahhaah
That's what the aforementioned garden is for
Old Feb 21, 2015, 7:30 pm

I thought that was the case - a friend worked for Swire and a few years ago was given the use of one of the duplex apartments for the fireworks at CNY. He said it was wonderful then - complete with Grand Piano!

Hope you enjoyed the fireworks this year - ngfan. We had a wonderful view from our suite at the IC.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 7:50 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by quitecontrary
I thought that was the case - a friend worked for Swire and a few years ago was given the use of one of the duplex apartments for the fireworks at CNY. He said it was wonderful then - complete with Grand Piano!
They were beautiful apartments - I did an internship at Swire many, many years ago and was taken to see some of their projects. One of those was the former apartments, now UH.

Swire still has apartments in the complex.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.