Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Did we make a mistake by booking the Ritz Carlton, FL?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Did we make a mistake by booking the Ritz Carlton, FL?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2007, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by robyng
Palm Beach is a kid-friendly property - especially in the summer - but it is an older property and not to the liking of a lot of people here.
The RC Palm Beach went through a fairly extensive renovation. They closed the hotel for some time. Interesting that the hotel was never in a state of disrepair, but they still went as far as shutting it down. Anyway, you need to give it a scond look as it is now the most modern of the luxury hotels on the strip there (actually an arguement could be made that it was the most modern before the renovation too) and is now the only 5*/5 diamond in the area.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 6:11 pm
In memoriam

Thanks for the information. We usually get down to Palm Beach once every year or every other year in the summer for some shopping - dining - golf - and R&R. Used to stay at the Breakers. But the Breakers has gotten ridiculously expensive in the summer. So we've passed up the trip for a few years. Will have to take another look.

In terms of the OP - there is basically no cheap dining in Palm Beach. But there is plenty in West Palm Beach. Robyn
Old Jun 18, 2007, 6:57 pm

why not do a general Florida search for the area you are staying in, by all means enjoy the complimentary amenities, but dine out, find local activities to do (without paying premium hotel prices).

post also in thread most suited to your needs and you should get good advice and a great vacation.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can't think of a single RC I've stayed at in Florida that has convenient ok parking off-site.
good info ^
Old Jun 18, 2007, 7:50 pm

I parked off-site at Coconut Grove for a dinner once. Sobe has parking nearby too...
Old Jun 20, 2007, 5:35 pm
CLK

Not sure when you'll be going on vacation, but last July at the RC Sarasota, they handed out free ice cream treats by the pool for the kids during the day. On Friday night, they had a kid friendly movie playing poolside on a large blow up screen and brought out floats for the kids to use and served popcorn.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 10:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat
Thriftyfam,

I havent' stayed at the particular Ritz property you're considering. That said, I think you can feel comfortable in just about any attire if you're outside of the main lobby areas. In Naples, for instance (which is one of my favorite Ritz's), everyone walks around in bathing suits (and cover-ups) just about everywhere during the daytime. Nights are a bit more "formal", meaning a nice pair of shorts and shirt-and shoes! Of course if you're dining formally (which it doesn't sound like you're intending to do), appropriate dress will prevail there.

In any case, enjoy the vacation. They'll make you feel like a king or queen, and your kids like princes or princesses. I have positive memories of every one I've stayed in.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by robyng
Thanks for the information. We usually get down to Palm Beach once every year or every other year in the summer for some shopping - dining - golf - and R&R. Used to stay at the Breakers. But the Breakers has gotten ridiculously expensive in the summer. So we've passed up the trip for a few years. Will have to take another look.

In terms of the OP - there is basically no cheap dining in Palm Beach. But there is plenty in West Palm Beach. Robyn
Looks like I talked myself into checking out the RC PBI. I'll be there next week for a few days over the 4th. My last stay in PBI was at the FS which had fantastic ambiance, but so-so physical plant. I'll be sure to report back...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.