Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Amanpulo, Philippines (Consolidated/review thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 12, 2018, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kagehitokiri
Print Wikipost

Amanpulo, Philippines (Consolidated/review thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2012, 9:48 am

Programs: Skymiles Plat/1MM, United Prem, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
5khours, thank you also. I'm not so much concerned about line-of-sight privacy as not having to hear noise (crying/screaming children - or crying/screaming adults), so that's the reason for my "location of the casitas" questions. I already know I'll be happy with the diving, since I am everywhere. And meeting the monitor lizards sounds very fun too!

But regardless - I'm going in early June, based on all the wonderful info this group has provided - and will take many photos to add to the many already posted here.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 5khours
No need for a pool

golf cart, both of which are supplied
some of us like private pools, for different reasons

good to know casitas come with golf cart, dont recall hearing that before? i see i forgot...

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 11, 2012 at 8:42 pm
Old Mar 11, 2012, 11:38 am

Golf carts for all - casitas and villas per the website
Old Mar 11, 2012, 7:32 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
More pictures of Amanpulo

From north looking south. You can see the umbrellas for each of the casitas. The structure in the middle is the beach front bar/restaurant.

Picture from spa looking east

Outside area of casitas 24
Old Mar 11, 2012, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
There are so few people on the beach, I think you could almost use the ocean/beach for the same thing and no one would notice

I'm not so much concerned about line-of-sight privacy as not having to hear noise (crying/screaming children - or crying/screaming adults), so that's the reason for my "location of the casitas" questions. I already know I'll be happy with the diving, since I am everywhere. And meeting the monitor lizards sounds very fun too!

But regardless - I'm going in early June, based on all the wonderful info this group has provided - and will take many photos to add to the many already posted here.
I think I heard noise from a nearby casita once this week. It's really very quiet and private. Fly out in a couple of days, but I think I'll come back in late May/early June as well.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No need for a pool
There are so few people on the beach, I think you could almost use the ocean/beach for the same thing and no one would notice
not the point. my comment wasnt getting into how valuable or how often necessary. also not the point, but getting into hypotheticals >
pulo - more than 20 casitas requires buyout (40 casitas + 11 [residential] villas)
Sorry I must be dense. Not following you.
it really doesnt matter. im not suggesting anyone is dense.
although you should not post too much while youre still there.
Fly out in a couple of days
thanks again for the (real time) details, including via PM. ^
Originally Posted by Ozchinois
This may sound weird but I don't swim, snorkel nor dive. I've visited Maldives a number of times solo - to de-stress and enjoy the colours of the ocean and to watch the fish from above.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 11, 2012 at 11:54 pm
Old Mar 11, 2012, 9:25 pm

not the point. my comment wasnt getting into how valuable or how often necessary. also not the point, but getting into hypotheticals >
Sorry I must be dense. Not following you.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 9:06 am

Mike_La_jolla - those photos are great - that perfect water is amazing!
And thank you, 5khours, for checking on the noise for me (which casita/villa are you in?)
Old Mar 12, 2012, 2:41 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
Here is a lizard from Amanpulo. This one is small.

Old Mar 12, 2012, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla
This one is small
all those higher res are fantastic mike_la_jolla
and not a small lizard >
Originally Posted by damaxer91

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 13, 2012 at 9:26 am
Old Mar 12, 2012, 6:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla
Here is a lizard from Amanpulo. This one is small.

That's a pretty small one. I've seen ones bigger than that. Street vendors across the Philippines sell that all the time. Apparently, you could also BBQ its meat but I wouldn't recommend it.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 9:23 am

I'm looking forward to meeting (and definitely not eating!) these lizards and their relatives - these are great photos!
Old Mar 13, 2012, 4:31 pm

The monitor lizards are quite rare in the rest of the Philippines because people do in fact eat them. Apparently, they taste really good. You have to be careful catching them though, because they have serrated tails which they use like a whip to defend themselves.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 9:29 am
Aman Contributor Badge

I am back and I really loved Amanpulo. It is just an amazing place. Extremely private and excellent service, laid back luxury I would call it with beautiful dream beach and natural casitas, villas and main buildings. Great food as well. And wonderful excursions, but this will all be in my real trip report, this is just a quick answer to your questions.

As promised I have taken several pictures of things that you have asked me to take pictures of and they are all in the following photostream with descriptions per picture: http://www.flickr.com/photos/24567041@N06/?saved=1 (make sure you see the complete photo stream, when you get to the Aman Sveti Stefan and Maldives pictures, you can stop).

Things are a little bit messy, but you will understand what is what if you read my comments to the pictures.

We were first in beach casita 20 and I have pictures from the inside, terrasse and view + view from sea to the casita. Really ejoyed this casita, very nice view and beautiful stretch of beach. Also very private but still central in terms of being close to beach club, club house, tennis and picnic cove (walking distance if you would like to walk, but of course you have your buggy or mountain bikes).

After this we moved to villa 33 which is a 2 BR villa at the "casita beach". I have pictures from inside (bedroom, bathroom, dining room and living room) and outside this villa and also pictures of the villa pool, sala, view from villa towards beach and also view from beach and sea towards villa. Basically one does not see much of the beach and sea from this villa unless one goes down the little path to the beach. From the beach one can hardly see anything of the villa. Some of the villa buildings are, however, visible from the sea, but just the roofs.

For us it was great to be in first a beach casita to really enjoy the beach and thereafter move to a villa to enjoy the private pool. The Amanpulo staff took completely care of the moving, so no stress at all to move. If you do the same kind of split, you would not even miss the beach if the villa beach would not be nice as ours was, since you will have had plenty of beach enjoyment during your time in a beach casita.

We also visited a 4 BR villa at the other side of the island just to see it. There is some pictures of this as well. Do not remember the villa number, so if there is no number, these are the pictures of that 4 BR villa.

Basically all villas are the same; There is a living room with chairs and sofas and a large TV and wine fridge, there is a dining room with coffee/tea making facilities and fresh fruit every day, there is a pool (some variation in size, but all are really large) and outside there is a sala and sun loungers, outside dining table + outside shower. The villas at the casita side of beach has beach chairs on the beach as well, the villa on the other side did not have this, maybe only because it was windy at this time of year meaning this beach was not much used. In addition there are casitas for the bedrooms (same as the normal casitas) - more casitas added for more bedrooms while other areas stay the same. Finally there is an extra building where the private butler and private chef are. It is more than possible to take all meals in the villa and never ever leave if you prefer. The chef can cook whatever you like to have and the food really good and service wonderful.

I have also added view from casita 40 which we visited. You have a wonderful view of both sides of the island, but can see the roofs of a number of villas on the villa side of the island. This means that I actually think that the feeling of privacy is higher if you are in a beach casita where you do not see any other casitas from your own casita. Did not hear any noice at all from other villas or casitas no matter where we were - except some serenading during beach bbq in the evenings, but that is just wonderful. Theoretically one can hear noice from the neighbours if they make a lot of noice, but I think this is really just theoretically. In that sense, villa 33 was the most quiet since it is really far from all other buildings (far from casita nr 1 at the one side and on the other side was the villa club house which was not used at all while we were there), but really everything is quiet here unless you go during x-mas, chinese new year and easter where there is normally full occupancy and many kids.

Finally I have a picture of the largest monitor lizard on the island.

This was jus very quick to answer what I promised as soon as possible. Will write a trip report some other time - as this was the best holiday that I was ever one. Absolutely wonderful with fantastic service and everything. Just go!!!

Feel free to ask any questions.

Last edited by Musken; Mar 18, 2012 at 11:43 am
Old Mar 18, 2012, 9:55 am

Musken, you're the best! Thank you so much for all this info and for all the photos! I cannot wait to get there now. Did you happen to do any diving/snorkeling or anything at the spa?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.