Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Amanpulo, Philippines (Consolidated/review thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 12, 2018, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kagehitokiri
Print Wikipost

Amanpulo, Philippines (Consolidated/review thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2013, 9:28 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Well, let them know your preference & ask which casitas are ready & away from those being worked on. Can't recall what TT told me about the sequence.

Check about the return flight when you arrive
This is Aman - surprises are rather the norm!
Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:48 am

So coincidentally I received an email from Amanpulo today informing me that beach casitas 16-29 will be under refurbishment June 1 - November 30.
I requested # 21, can anyone recommend me another good beach casita (obviously not 16-29)?
Thanks!
Old Jun 24, 2013, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Big Mac
So coincidentally I received an email from Amanpulo today informing me that beach casitas 16-29 will be under refurbishment June 1 - November 30.
I requested # 21, can anyone recommend me another good beach casita (obviously not 16-29)?
Thanks!
That means the whole stretch of casitas between the Beach Club and beyond the Picnic Grove are being refurbished, which leaves you with the stretch of casitas from #1 to #15, between the Villas, #31,#32 and #33 and the Beach Club. I would try for something in the middle, like #7, #8, #9.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 10:01 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Interesting. We will be there too during this time. So it sounds as if that whole strip will be closed during the remodeling period.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

might have even lower occupancy than usual ! (during low season, with villas being more expensive)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 24, 2013 at 12:19 pm
Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:44 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: UA GS 3MM, NH PLT
Many thanks, vuittonsofstyle.

I'm slated to be there 3 weeks from now, so I've asked for one of the casitas in the middle (7-9.) I'll be sure to let you guys know how it goes!
Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
might have even lower occupancy than usual !
Occupancy these days is much higher than it used to be. The island was really quite full when we stayed recently, including a large number of Villas. The thing about Amanpulo is that no matter how many people are on the island, there is so much space that you rarely see anyone apart from in the restaurants, and even then, many guests have room service the whole time.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 12:45 pm

We had checked some dates in early August and they were nearly sold out. I suspect those specific casitas being closed is contributing to that.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 6:00 pm

We booked a few weeks ago for a stay in early July and I didn't get the sense they were expecting to be at very high occupancy. They were able to block us into a casita 40.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by jkirk
We booked a few weeks ago for a stay in early July and I didn't get the sense they were expecting to be at very high occupancy. They were able to block us into a casita 40.
Casita #40 is one of the hillside casitas. #40 is closest to the eastern shore beach, by the island cave and just down the beach from The Lagoon Club Vietnamese restaurant.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 4:34 am

40 is a deluxe hillside casita. It's the highest point of the island.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Ericka
40 is a deluxe hillside casita. It's the highest point of the island.
Yes, we told them our priorities were privacy and view, and it's the one they recommended. IIRC it is one of the more in-demand villas - the fact that they were willing to upgrade us into it from a beach casita and block that specific casita for us makes me thing they aren't at high occupancy. We are there for 8 nights on the "Romance at Amanpulo" package (after an initial four nights at FSHK adjusting to jet lag over copious amounts of dim sum and roast pork).
Old Jun 27, 2013, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by jkirk
Yes, we told them our priorities were privacy and view, and it's the one they recommended. IIRC it is one of the more in-demand villas - the fact that they were willing to upgrade us into it from a beach casita and block that specific casita for us makes me thing they aren't at high occupancy. We are there for 8 nights on the "Romance at Amanpulo" package (after an initial four nights at FSHK adjusting to jet lag over copious amounts of dim sum and roast pork).
Keep in mind that the view has changed somewhat. There are now villas on the peninsula that 40 overlooks so you will get some rooftops instead of just wild area, but you should still have pretty views of the neighboring islands on each side.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Ericka
Keep in mind that the view has changed somewhat. There are now villas on the peninsula that 40 overlooks so you will get some rooftops instead of just wild area, but you should still have pretty views of the neighboring islands on each side.
Yes, I saw a picture on here someplace (I think you may have taken it) showing the rooftops casita 40 overlooks - sounds like the view isn't what it used to be, but we shall see ... I probably wouldn't have paid the extra for a hillside deluxe, but since they offered the upgrade ...
Old Jun 27, 2013, 2:16 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

I would go for a beach casita rather than no 40...

Last edited by Musken; Jun 27, 2013 at 2:43 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.