Reload this Page >

asiarooms.com? any experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

asiarooms.com? any experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2007, 10:54 pm

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
I've used Asiarooms once to book a room at a 5 star hotel in Sydney. They offered excellent rates. We had to provide credit card details up front and then wait 2-3 days for confirmation. The booking (or travel voucher) then appeared to be with a third party travel agent in Australia. On arrival the travel voucher was presented the stay went ahead without a hitch.

The opnly problems I have heard of (but not myself experienced) are when
(1) Things go wrong - it can be very difficult to get any customer service or refunds
(2) Bait and switch seems to get mentioned fairly regularly - I.e. They promote a fantastic hotel at a great price but when you try to book it they try to get you can't and they try to fob you off with a slightly inferior hotel.

Whilst we had no problems the reported poor customer service would be a concern. I would rather pay slightly more knowing if it all went Tango Uniform someone would help sort it out
Old Jul 25, 2007, 11:00 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines, Air Canada, Westjet Rewards
Used Asia Rooms to book all our hotels from Canada to Australia for a six week trip with no problems and even paying in USD was less expensive than other booking sites.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 12:07 am

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Kettering Northants QC
The opnly problems I have heard of (but not myself experienced) are when
(1) Things go wrong - it can be very difficult to get any customer service or refunds
(2) Bait and switch seems to get mentioned fairly regularly - I.e. They promote a fantastic hotel at a great price but when you try to book it they try to get you can't and they try to fob you off with a slightly inferior hotel.
The other problem (which sparked our latest issue with them) is that they provide misleading information on their website, advertising certain rooms that, when arriving at the hotel, suddenly don't include the benefits those rooms come with (e.g. Club Rooms), even though the Asiarooms website does not mention this.

Considering we did not get a satisfactory response to our polite requests we are considering action. This would probably have to be through some international travel services providers' association - any suggestions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.