Community
Wiki Posts
Search

asiarooms.com? any experiences

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2005, 9:03 am
Original Poster

asiarooms.com? any experiences

AsiaRooms.com appears to have some good rates that are significantly cheaper than I have found elsewhere. Has anyone had any experiences with this website? Are they reputable?

Specifically, we are looking to book the Metropolitan and Peninsula Hotels in Bangkok. I have an Amex Plat card, but the FHR rate is not even close and the amenities aren't that important to me (except for breakfast, which appears to be included at the AsiaRooms.com rate).

Thanks, in advance, for any and all advice/experiences...
Old Apr 6, 2005, 8:28 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
I've used them before for hotel rooms in Singapore, and have had no problems with them. Processing of the reservation took about a day, and I just handed over the voucher they emailed on arrival (though it was already in the hotel's system as being fully paid). I've had friends use them with no worries either, and agree that they have very competitive rates on some properties.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 2:19 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
I thought I would bump this as I am thinking of booking a European hotel stay with them, for which they are advertising very attractive rates. I am not worried about the disappointment of them coming back with a higher rate. What I am concerned about is the risk that I turn up and there is no room ...
Old Jun 22, 2007, 2:49 am

Programs: Almost anything with six to twelve steps...
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
I thought I would bump this as I am thinking of booking a European hotel stay with them, for which they are advertising very attractive rates. I am not worried about the disappointment of them coming back with a higher rate. What I am concerned about is the risk that I turn up and there is no room ...
My sample is very small, but they have worked out fine in Asia. I have gotten confirmations from asiarooms and the hotel and everything has been fine. No experiences from Europe, though.

Cheers,
T.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=691708
Old Jun 22, 2007, 7:07 am

Programs: *G
I used that site to book a room at Dorsett Regency in Kuala Lumpur as they had a good rate. It was fine except the room I got, its bathroom door lock was not working. Other than that, it was good.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

theyve been mentioned a number of times in this forum as well, IIRC, and regulars said they were very happy with rates/etc.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 9:33 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Simple - call the hotel after you get your confirmation to assure yourself that you're all set.
Old Jun 24, 2007, 7:46 pm

Programs: some
Very happy with the rates, NOT with their (lack) of customer service when there is a problem. Have now been trying to get an issue sorted with them for over several months, which has taken numerous emails, phone calls and letters. Very unimpressive.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 6:19 am

Programs: UA, QF, VS, AA, US, HH, SPG
I've used asiarooms a few times - with no issues including making changes / getting refunds. What is frustrating is that they do not have real time access to availability and you can think you have booked a room only to be advised sometimes 2 days later when booking on a weekend that there is no availabilty - this can be a real issue when trying to book on relatively short notice.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 9:09 am

I use AsiaRooms.com SPECIFICALLY for the Pen in Bangkok and the Beijing Hotel in Beijing. You really can't beat their prices. And their packages-airport pickup, breakfast, skytrain, etc. are just fabulous.

The only thing that was confusing to me the first time I used them (2005)-some of the hotels were totally prepaid, some only had a deposit. And some of the hotels required a faxed copy of credit card front and back and some did not. I booked 16 hotels on that trip, all except 5 through AsiaRooms.com. I had a slight problem with one AsiaRooms.com hotel (given non smoking room, requested smoking), but had fairly substantial problems with 3 of the other hotels I booked off the hotel websites. The Nan Hai hotel in Shenzhen never has returned my money-difference between the "harbor view" room I prepaid and the "business executive" room (with a view of the swimming pool) I was assigned.

I have never tried AsiaRooms.com outside Asia. But I will definitely continue using them.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 5:35 am

Programs: some
A quick update - after 3 months of sending numerous emails and making phone calls I got a poorly written letter, without a name (!) that did not address any of our problems. Considering that several people have promised us a meaningful reply, we found this insulting.

Their prices are good but do exercise caution. They are simply not a reliable company.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 5:59 am

I would also strongly recommend against using asiarooms.com.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wideman
I would also strongly recommend against using asiarooms.com.
fliar said "exercise caution"..
Old Jul 25, 2007, 10:23 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I would not hesitate using Asiarooms.com, if the price is right -- and it often is. I've stayed at places as diverse as the Hilton Colombo and the Wynn Macau for about 50% of the cheapest rates found elsewhere. Never any problems, and even if I had to write off a stay for some reason, I wouldn't mind -- Use Asiarooms like Priceline, and you won't be disappointed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.