FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Luxury Hotels and Travel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel-220/)
-   -   Inspirato Pass Program (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel/1977862-inspirato-pass-program.html)

Joroy70 Apr 24, 2020 10:09 am

You Can book another trip the day you checkout you're current trip but you can travel 7days after that

So If you cehckout Friday, you can book right away but for next friday

picturethemagic Apr 24, 2020 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Joroy70 (Post 32321334)
You Can book another trip the day you checkout you're current trip but you can travel 7days after that

So If you cehckout Friday, you can book right away but for next friday

Thank you - I appreciate the reply. I understand what is technically possible.

What I'm looking for now is practical application:

For Pass members, how soon after you signed up did you book your first trip?
And, most important, how soon did you travel after making that booking?

My intention in asking is for when things get back to "normal".
If/when I sign up, how soon can I benefit?
And then, if I want to hop immediately (after the required 7 days) to the next reservation, what is the real likelihood that I can find somewhere good to travel after that?

Joroy70 Apr 25, 2020 7:27 am

I have 2 pass right now and use back 2 back reservation without an issue.

As soon as one finishes I already have another one in line. It might not be the next week though but a month down the road!

I think if you book something last minute there is not many great bookings, but within a month its pretty good

SusanDK Apr 25, 2020 7:35 am

Joroy70, Theoretically, with the 2-pass option, could a person spend close to full time in Inspirato properties?

Joroy70 Apr 25, 2020 7:36 am

Originally Posted by SusanDK (Post 32323578)
Joroy70, Theoretically, with the 2-pass option, could a person spend close to full time in Inspirato properties?

Can yeah!! But from what I can remember options were limited and most of them last minute like that were under 7 nights

SusanDK Apr 25, 2020 7:44 am

Thanks! I do keep my eye on the listings to monitor availability, and it looked like it could be possible if including hotels in addition to homes. Would love to hear about some of your favorite locations.

Joroy70 Apr 25, 2020 9:19 am

Originally Posted by SusanDK (Post 32323592)
Thanks! I do keep my eye on the listings to monitor availability, and it looked like it could be possible if including hotels in addition to homes. Would love to hear about some of your favorite locations.

I did hotel cruises and home and all of them I loved it!!!

There was only one trip that we had some small problems with some expeditions that weren't as advertise!!

Anneanne May 21, 2020 3:57 pm

Inspirato and Vrbo interchangeable terms??

Originally Posted by 1K Man (Post 31297562)
I'm looking for information and reviews for the Inspirato Pass Program. I received an offer for this program and apparently this offer is currently (July 2019) only available to residents of Colorado or northern California.

From my research and looking at their website, the Inspirato Pass Program is quite different than the Inspirato Memberships (Key, Family, Executive). With Pass Program, you pay a monthly fee of $2,500 and all of the properties you book are free (no nightly rate, no taxes, no fees according to their website). The number of nights for a specific vacation home or hotel is fixed, some are 2 nights, some 5, some 7 nights, etc. You get to browse what is available and you can just book it. My first browse through showed some pretty impressive properties, and also some really good hotel suites. But here's the catch... you can only have 1 active reservation at a time. So if you book something 3 months out, you are paying 3 months of dues ($2,500 x 3 = $7,500) during that period where you cannot stay at other Inspirato properties. That may or may not be a good deal depending on the property or the length of time you book ahead. If you wait until the last minute (say you book something every month) then you could really maximize your subscription, but only if there are actual properties available last minute.

So my questions are:
1- is my understanding of this Inspirato Pass program correct?
2- does anyone have experience with it? If so, are the property/hotel options offered good/bad/scarce?
3- if you wait until the last minute (say 3-4 weeks ahead), is there still good availability?
4- is it good value?

Thanks!

Does anyone know about booking as a tour operator? I have had success with VRBo booking group travel through their site.

Super Mario Aug 31, 2020 5:43 am

Working in a business that heavily promotes a "subscription," these types of models are a waste to the majority of people. "Unlimited consumption" is a hot marketing trend that gets people interested, especially for leisurely activities. People lose their mind for unlimited alcohol, even if it resulted in them spending twice as much as they would have otherwise. If people truly used such services to their fullest, many of these programs would collapse. Often, utilization is heaviest up front. That is why there is an enrollment fee. Hoping to offset those who use it for a little, and cancel. The hope of any of these models is the customer stays on long-term, to which the their utilization of it is low.

If the numbers work, then they work. If you are looking to do a long-term or frequent travel, this could very well work in your favor. $30,000 for a "year of luxury travel" could be a great value proposition for those retiring, or just looking to travel a lot. For the rest of us, we'd be fighting to "break even". That is not a place you want to be.

SusanDK Aug 31, 2020 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Super Mario (Post 32641855)
Working in a business that heavily promotes a "subscription," these types of models are a waste to the majority of people. "Unlimited consumption" is a hot marketing trend that gets people interested, especially for leisurely activities. People lose their mind for unlimited alcohol, even if it resulted in them spending twice as much as they would have otherwise. If people truly used such services to their fullest, many of these programs would collapse. Often, utilization is heaviest up front. That is why there is an enrollment fee. Hoping to offset those who use it for a little, and cancel. The hope of any of these models is the customer stays on long-term, to which the their utilization of it is low.

If the numbers work, then they work. If you are looking to do a long-term or frequent travel, this could very well work in your favor. $30,000 for a "year of luxury travel" could be a great value proposition for those retiring, or just looking to travel a lot. For the rest of us, we'd be fighting to "break even". That is not a place you want to be.

We are retired and I initially thought the Pass program would be brilliant for us. But we like to travel spontaneously, enjoy road trips, and stopping at hotels same-day or maybe deciding the day or two prior while in transit. The Pass program requires you to reserve at least 7 days in advance, and once you check out, your next possible reservation is another 7 days away. While I think one could get good value from it still, it looked like far too much advance planning for us. Since we are only two traveling together, the hotels on Pass had some good options and prices.

Inspirato recently announced a change to Pass which now allows one to reserve 2 days in advance, *BUT* then still requires a minimum 7 days gap before the following stay. When I started to read the announcement, I almost had my credit card out because I thought it would be 2 days in advance for all reservations, but alas, it's not.

The other change is that there is now a sign-up fee, but no longer a minimum commitment.

RememberTheConcord Sep 2, 2020 8:10 pm

Can someone chime in on if you earn points and elite status nights with the respective loyalty program (Hilton, Marriot, etc) for hotel bookings through Pass? Does it count as a paid stay, or does it count more like an OTA stay without perks?

BenjaminNicholas Sep 3, 2020 4:52 pm

I was close to buying into this, but the T&Cs are what killed it for me.

Much like what Susan detailed above, it wasn't worth it with those strings.

brxtoday Sep 4, 2020 6:52 pm

Interested in trying this out for a special occasion later this month. If anyone has an open slot I could use this month, PM me.

escapefromphl Nov 12, 2020 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by brxtoday (Post 32653278)
Interested in trying this out for a special occasion later this month. If anyone has an open slot I could use this month, PM me.

Do you mean you want someone to book you a property, surely thats against T&C, and is it even possible?

Kagehitokiri Nov 14, 2020 2:11 pm

interesting re 2 nights available at rosewood vancouver and 5 at rosewood london

1 - what hotels participate ? needs signup (free) to look

pay 7 months ($17,500) >
2 month stay [at no additional cost]
7 nights missing
7 nights missing
two memberships would mean no nights missing
$17,500 / 6 = $2,917 per month / 30 = $97 per night

or, not many nights required per month to provide value
$2500 / 2 = $1250
$2500 / 3 = $833
$2500 / 4 = $625
$2500 / 5 = $500

2 - what is highest nightly rate that is allowed under pass ?

for hotels, only sea island and RC grand cayman villas are "exclusive" rentals
originally RC FLL 3BRs were also "exclusive" rentals, but not anymore
specifically: only inspirato and Exclusive Resorts members, no public rentals

note: inspirato launched in january 2011, launched pass in july 2019

(no , i'm not 'back' , sorry)