Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Tokyo luxury hotels (newer consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RichardInSF
Reviews of Tokyo hotels to be found in dedicated threads (If you review another Tokyo luxury hotel, put it in a thread and add a link here, thanks!)

Aman Tokyo (not a formal review but as detailed as one) -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...ferrerid=14479

Mandarin Oriental Tokyo -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...ferrerid=14479

Peninsula Tokyo -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...ferrerid=14479

Park Hyatt Tokyo -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...ferrerid=14479

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...ferrerid=14479

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho from luxury perspective — https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-service-2620
Print Wikipost

Tokyo luxury hotels (newer consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2024, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
A $1000/nt is pretty much the new normal for a luxury hotel in Tokyo.
Only during peak season lol
Old Mar 6, 2024, 4:47 pm

Random data point: entry level (71sqm) Aman Tokyo Jan 2020 was 120,000 yen and Jan 2025 is 292,000. Plus service charge and tax.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by richarddd
Random data point: entry level (71sqm) Aman Tokyo Jan 2020 was 120,000 yen and Jan 2025 is 292,000. Plus service charge and tax.
2+ years of lost revenue to make up for. And demand is allowing it.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 3:07 pm

Bloomberg article on Janu https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...able-new-brand
scented likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 1:07 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Palace Hotel

Currently staying at my fave Palace Hotel. FYI, a building across the street is currently in the final stages of demolition. We are hearing the deconstruction noise. Not sure how long it will take to construct the replacement building.
secretflyer and Michaeljinnyc like this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC
Currently staying at my fave Palace Hotel. FYI, a building across the street is currently in the final stages of demolition. We are hearing the deconstruction noise. Not sure how long it will take to construct the replacement building.
We were also at the Palace last week. It was our first visit and has climbed to the top of our leader board. It had never been on our radar other than some family
members using it for business trips. We were devotees of MO for years, then tried - and didn't love - the Aman and actively disliked the Peninsula. What a surprise
to find a hotel so welcoming and competent. While it certainly doesn't have the glitz and IG power of the usual suspects, they did not miss a beat on service. The
restaurants are excellent, the pool lovely and we enjoyed the ability to stop in the lounge for a drink or snack.

As to the construction, I do fear it will be challenging for guests for some time to come. That said, our room was well sound proofed and it wasn't bothersome.
We decided to try the Palace because of some positive comments on this board and are happy we did.
747FC and claralyn like this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 5:51 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by 747FC
I asked one of the senior managers and was told that it will take four years to complete construction of the new building.

Originally Posted by Mickidon
We were also at the Palace last week. It was our first visit and has climbed to the top of our leader board. It had never been on our radar other than some family
members using it for business trips. We were devotees of MO for years, then tried - and didn't love - the Aman and actively disliked the Peninsula. What a surprise
to find a hotel so welcoming and competent. While it certainly doesn't have the glitz and IG power of the usual suspects, they did not miss a beat on service. The
restaurants are excellent, the pool lovely and we enjoyed the ability to stop in the lounge for a drink or snack.

As to the construction, I do fear it will be challenging for guests for some time to come. That said, our room was well sound proofed and it wasn't bothersome.
We decided to try the Palace because of some positive comments on this board and are happy we did.
Glad you liked it. For us, the club lounge and staff, the concierge staff, and the location are all top notch.

I’ve noticed a lot more Westerners at the hotel this stay. Are they all reading Flyertalk? 😀
Mickidon likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 9:48 am

Watching some early review videos of the Janu and, surprise surprise, the hotel feels nothing like a W

Looks like they've done a great job with the interior. If the service and F&B get into their groove to match the hard product, they might have a compelling offering.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 1:39 pm
nlf

Originally Posted by Mickidon
We were devotees of MO for years...
What made you stop staying at the Mandarin?
Old Mar 26, 2024, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by nlf
What made you stop staying at the Mandarin?
It wasn't that we were unhappy with the MO but some of the features of the Palace appealed to us: location, balcony, club lounge and pool. As well, we have stayed
at the MO a number of times and wanted to try something new. This is the only property that has topped it for our needs but we would not hesitate to
stay at the MO again at some point. It wouldn't have even been on our radar but for some positive comments by other FTers.
747FC likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 5:41 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
As much as I dislike the Aman if not only to offset the unreasonable hype around it, the Janu actually seems pretty reasonable at its price point.

Originally Posted by stargold
Watching some early review videos of the Janu and, surprise surprise, the hotel feels nothing like a W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3KpNC4PS2c

Looks like they've done a great job with the interior. If the service and F&B get into their groove to match the hard product, they might have a compelling offering.
nycnyc and MattEvan like this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 8:59 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
As much as I dislike the Aman if not only to offset the unreasonable hype around it, the Janu actually seems pretty reasonable at its price point.
When I checked it out, the initial pricing was strictly introductory. By fall, it was a lot more expensive.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 12:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, AA Exec Plat, OZ Diamond Plus
Has FS Marunouchi fallen out of favor in the eyes of folks here? Have an option to book here instead of the Park Hyatt where I usually stay for business and was intrigued, but haven't seen any recent reviews of it.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 12:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Fluff Ermine
Has FS Marunouchi fallen out of favor in the eyes of folks here? Have an option to book here instead of the Park Hyatt where I usually stay for business and was intrigued, but haven't seen any recent reviews of it.
don't think it was ever really in the cards here, especially once otemachi opened up
Old Mar 27, 2024, 12:45 pm

FS Otemachi is super medicore. And the decor, nauseating imo--super boring, yet tacky too. Some great views though, if your ears aren't bleeding from the cheesy lobby house music soundtrack.

If you don't mind the previous gen decor and lack of cutting-edge tech, FS Marunouchi is really excellent. A lot of that comes from the fact it's so small, with only 57 keys in total. Service has always been excellent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.