Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Long to Stay?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 7:30 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Those of us still of working age in the USA don't usually have as much vacation time as our friends in Europe. And companies have been known to frown upon workers that take all of their vacation time....or at least all of it at once! So yeah, even if money were no object, we're not usually gone for more than 10 days. That's the one big trip of the year. Then we have to set aside time for Thanksgiving travel, and Christmas, and there's always a wedding somewhere. LOL!

I guess the trick in the USA is to be both HEALTHY and LOADED at the time of retirement.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

great posts. i hope to do some driving [etc] trips including luxury, have enjoyed reports on that from Musken, comments on that from aa213bb, and others.

DetailsIM, delaying Twin Farms / Laucala / etc avoids comparing those to FS / etc. i spend too much per night, but oh well.

Originally Posted by Ericka
LOADED at the time of retirement
either massive asset sale, or keeping ownership of businesses
(otherwise not sure re a lot of the luxury discussed here)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 18, 2017 at 3:05 pm
Old Aug 18, 2017, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Ericka
Those of us still of working age in the USA don't usually have as much vacation time as our friends in Europe. And companies have been known to frown upon workers that take all of their vacation time....or at least all of it at once! So yeah, even if money were no object, we're not usually gone for more than 10 days. That's the one big trip of the year. Then we have to set aside time for Thanksgiving travel, and Christmas, and there's always a wedding somewhere. LOL!

I guess the trick in the USA is to be both HEALTHY and LOADED at the time of retirement.
This!
Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:16 am

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Usually 3-7 days for each destination.

In general shorter 3-4 days for beach/leisure and longer 6-7 days for exploring cities but as always there are exceptions to the rule.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.