Search

Hong Kong: FS or LMO as first time tourist

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2017, 11:14 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by DonJ
Thank you all! Just to close the loop we ended up staying at TUH as the hardware and the "Aman" feel convinced us. Service was very good and the restaurant and bar has amazing views. Breakfast being a la carte is also a great plus!

Side note on FS: we did have dinner at the Lung King Heen and have absolute zero idea why this place has THREE (or any at all!) michelin stars...
Wow, couldn't agree more on both counts! ^^^
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:48 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Wow, couldn't agree more on both counts! ^^^

+1

Looking forward to returning to TUH. , possibly later this month before CNY .

From soaking in the CHRISTmas & NY atmosphere / festivities to the Lunar NY ones , will be quite something if I make it ..
Almost 2 months of holidays ( mood anyway in this region )

Then also dining at Man Wah , MOHK , which is way better :-: & with views too !

A marvellous start to luxury hotels 2017 with an Aman or 2 in between !
Old Jan 1, 2017, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by DonJ
Thank you all! Just to close the loop we ended up staying at TUH as the hardware and the "Aman" feel convinced us. Service was very good and the restaurant and bar has amazing views. Breakfast being a la carte is also a great plus!
Glad it worked out for you. Just FYI, LMO has 2 restaurants: one buffet, with a very small a la carte offering (maybe 6 choices, I can't remember entirely) and another which is purely a la carte. Neither have any views and neither are as good as TUH. My booking was with Virtuoso and TUH was simply free for everything, whereas LMO in Amber was only free for specific options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.