Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MO Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2022, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by offerendum
I know. But the Authors Suite is located in the River Wing as far as I know.
Sorry, didn’t get the question right, there are no OneBR in the Author’s Wing as far as I know only speciality suites. But OneBRs in the Gardenwing.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by luxedp
Sorry, didn’t get the question right, there are no OneBR in the Author’s Wing as far as I know only speciality suites. But OneBRs in the Gardenwing.
In the River Wing for sure. I asked because I always heared you should book the Authors Wing, but I don´t need a suite with several bedrooms. The Authers Suite now looks quite "normal", frankly I would more likely book a Chao-Phraya Suite or Premier Suite.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 5:58 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
In the River Wing for sure. I asked because I always heared you should book the Authors Wing, but I don´t need a suite with several bedrooms. The Authers Suite now looks quite "normal", frankly I would more likely book a Chao-Phraya Suite or Premier Suite.
QUOTE=luxedp;34494348]The Authors Suite is a One BR.[/QUOTE]

I know. But the Authors Suite is located in the River Wing as far as I know.
​​​​​​​
Author ’ s Suite is in River Wing and a corner one bedroom .
Old Aug 10, 2022, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Before the renovation of the Author's Wing, yes, that was the place to stay. There were a half dozen suites of varying size, all named after, kaching!, authors. Now it's been reconfigured and it looks like they've turned the many suites into just two huge ones.
offerendum likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 6:18 am

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
I recently had an enjoyable stay in the Jim Thompson suite, which has been remodelled since I last stayed in it, still one of my favourites. Service was in general very good. Some pictures below.

Old Mar 20, 2023, 4:55 pm

Very poor start, but good recovery

We had a four night stay in November 2022. I called the concierge about a month in advance to arrange for a car to pick us up on arrival at DMK. They confirmed and even sent me an email confirmation of the car booking with the correct day, time and location. When we arrived at DMK, there was nobody from the MO to be found anywhere. I called the front desk and they quickly gave me to a manager who confirmed they had the car booking in their system, but somehow had forgotten to send someone. We ended up taking a decrepit Grab from DMK to the MO instead of their BMW 7 series.

Once we arrived at the MO, we explained to the check in staff about what had happened. They started giving us excuses saying maybe we gave them the wrong time or airport. But we suggested they get the manager that we talked to on the phone. Once the manager came over, they apologized profusely for their error and explained they would be upgrading us to a One Bedroom Suite with a butler to make up for it. The rest of the stay was uneventful.

I was quite surprised at this huge service error on arrival. If I go again, I'll make sure to reconfirm the car a day or two in advance.
offerendum and United747 like this.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 4:04 am

MO not immune to current ‘Bangkok syndrome’ but as you experienced yourself, they take service recovery very seriously!

Still very fond of La Grande Dame, especially when managers go above and beyond.

Just hope they can teach their countless new trainees how things are done.
Old May 18, 2023, 6:08 am

Programs: LH-SEN
Just had a pleasant two and a half day stay. Nice and warm service but not like three levels up and beyond everything else.
I don‘t know if anyone of you have been there recently but one negative I have surprisingly noticed was the string trio or quartet in the lobby area. They played awful, it sounded like a music students lesson. And I‘m not even a musician. Anyone noticed as well? Not a very representative welcoming of guests in my opinion…
Old May 18, 2023, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by TakeFive7
Just had a pleasant two and a half day stay. Nice and warm service but not like three levels up and beyond everything else.
I don‘t know if anyone of you have been there recently but one negative I have surprisingly noticed was the string trio or quartet in the lobby area. They played awful, it sounded like a music students lesson. And I‘m not even a musician. Anyone noticed as well? Not a very representative welcoming of guests in my opinion…
Maybe it's the same guys from 40 years ago? Also not great.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 4:06 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze
We're planning to stay one night with Amex FHR. The member benefits says that we will get "Room upgrade at check-in, when available" but "Certain room categories are not eligible for upgrade." with no mention of the room categories that are not eligible.

What are chances of being upgraded to a "Mandarin Room" if we book the "Deluxe Balcony Room King"? would that be eligible for an upgrade?

If not, what are the chances of being upgraded to a balcony room if we book the Chao Phraya room King?
Old Jul 19, 2023, 7:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by milgom
We're planning to stay one night with Amex FHR. The member benefits says that we will get "Room upgrade at check-in, when available" but "Certain room categories are not eligible for upgrade." with no mention of the room categories that are not eligible.

What are chances of being upgraded to a "Mandarin Room" if we book the "Deluxe Balcony Room King"? would that be eligible for an upgrade?

If not, what are the chances of being upgraded to a balcony room if we book the Chao Phraya room King?
Based on experiences at other MOs (not Bangkok), they will not upgrade from rooms to suites. The FHR upgrade is limited to one category and IME MO tends to be strict about that. Whether you'll get a one category upgrade depends entirely on the available inventory upon your arrival.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 8:30 am

In my personal experience, I cannot remember a time where we were not upgraded at the MOBKK, across over 25 stays. They are generous IME.
scented likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.