Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lisbon?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2019, 11:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DonJ
The Bairro Alto hotel reopened after a 2 years renovation and is now the best choice in the city.
Also worth considering:
- The One Palácio da Anunciada (recently opened and public spaces looks great. Also has a outside pool which is relatively rare)
- Verride Palacio (beautiful renovated palace but has a few quirks/issues, small outdoor pool)
- Santa Clara 1728 (great boutique hotel, but location not in historic centre)

Four Seasons has a phenomenal gym and great service, but rooms are dated and location not in historic centre.
The Sheraton has a small outdoor pool that's accessed from the spa. It's fairly pretty and somewhat protected from wind, but it would need to be heated a lot more to be useable in about November.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Any recent stays or thoughts on Lisbon? Are the Bairro Alto &, Memmo Principe Real still considered quite solid?

Recommendations by DonJ above noted. Verride looks lovely, but the prices seem way too high.

There are actually quite a few smaller boutique properties/bnb-type places that are attractive (Santa Clara 1728, Casa Fortunato), but as this will be our first time to Lisbon, at least for the first few days I'd like a bit more of a full-service hotel with an efficient concierge.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 5:18 pm

Programs: Virtuoso TA, UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by jiaotze
Any recent stays or thoughts on Lisbon? Are the Bairro Alto &, Memmo Principe Real still considered quite solid?

Recommendations by DonJ above noted. Verride looks lovely, but the prices seem way too high.

There are actually quite a few smaller boutique properties/bnb-type places that are attractive (Santa Clara 1728, Casa Fortunato), but as this will be our first time to Lisbon, at least for the first few days I'd like a bit more of a full-service hotel with an efficient concierge.
Just had clients go to Bairro Alto, probably still the best in the city. FS is good too, but a bit too hyped, like many FS, so I generally don't push its properties.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by bluegatorade
Just had clients go to Bairro Alto, probably still the best in the city. FS is good too, but a bit too hyped, like many FS, so I generally don't push its properties.
Thanks very much bluegatorade. The FS decor is not our style at all, so the Bairro Alto it shall be.

Any of the suites you aware of that have particularly nice views/good light? It seems that the Chicado-marketed rooms/suites have more of a traditional decor vs the Tejo rooms/suites. Would that be correct?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 6:07 pm

Programs: Virtuoso TA, UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by jiaotze
Thanks very much bluegatorade. The FS decor is not our style at all, so the Bairro Alto it shall be.

Any of the suites you aware of that have particularly nice views/good light? It seems that the Chicado-marketed rooms/suites have more of a traditional decor vs the Tejo rooms/suites. Would that be correct?
Correct in terms of decor.

From what I understand the suite orientations are as follows, others please correct me if I'm wrong
Chiado suites: face North overlooking the square, these are all corner rooms on floor 1-4.
Tejo: face South and overlooks the water, these are all corner rooms on floor 1-4.
Jr suite: face East, some may have some water view at certain angles
Deluxe jr suite: top floor, partial water view.

Depends on what you want to look at, I'd say Deluxe or one of the signature suites are better because you get the water view plus some other shorter buildings.

Last edited by ChateauMargaux; Jan 22, 2020 at 6:27 pm
Old Jan 30, 2020, 7:20 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
I enjoyed the Olissipo Lapa Palace in 2018.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 1:56 pm

New addition to the city: Palacio Príncipe Real (https://www.palacioprincipereal.com/ ). It’s a boutique hotel in a great location and would highly recommend it.

The Four Seasons has been spending some (overdue) capex lately: new outdoor pool being build (will open next year), added a new excellent restaurant (Cura). I am being told they have renovated some rooms, but haven’t seen it.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 1:05 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
New addition to the city: Palacio Príncipe Real (https://www.palacioprincipereal.com/ ). It’s a boutique hotel in a great location and would highly recommend it.

The Four Seasons has been spending some (overdue) capex lately: new outdoor pool being build (will open next year), added a new excellent restaurant (Cura). I am being told they have renovated some rooms, but haven’t seen it.
Those photos look stunning.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro, EY Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I believe the Palacio Principe Real is a kid free property so that could be an added perk for some.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.