Wiki Posts
Search

Lisbon?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2016, 11:25 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by offerendum
Prices are hot and suites Looks nice! I wasn´t ready to pay the prices FS claims during my last visit, as I think the suites looks not very inviting. Bathrooms are from another time.....
Thanks offerendum for your interesting insights. ^

What's your hotel recommendation in Lisbon?

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^

Last edited by uggboy; Mar 8, 2016 at 11:32 am
Old Mar 8, 2016, 11:42 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Agree that Nigel Franklyn did a great job with the Spa, but the hotel still needs tons of work in the public areas and rooms. Good service, though.
Service is indeed very good, as is the food in my opinion. The rooms, however, are not why you stay here. Some have great views, and there's nothing really wrong with them, they are just in need of a refresh.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hannisen
Service is indeed very good, as is the food in my opinion. The rooms, however, are not why you stay here. Some have great views, and there's nothing really wrong with them, they are just in need of a refresh.
Rooms seem such an important reason to stay in a hotel.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by uggboy
Thanks offerendum for your interesting insights. ^

What's your hotel recommendation in Lisbon?

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
I didn´t stay insight the city, I stayed at Penha Longa. Coudn´t really choose a hotel in Lisbon.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by offerendum
I didn´t stay insight the city, I stayed at Penha Longa. Coudn´t really choose a hotel in Lisbon.
Thanks, we stayed at Penha Longa too a few years ago, a beautiful resort.

While in Lisbon we enjoyed the Lapa Palace and the Pestana Palace, both are highly recommended. ^
Old Mar 8, 2016, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by richarddd
Rooms seem such an important reason to stay in a hotel.
Ditto +1
Old Mar 8, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AmEx, NorthWest WorldPerks, Jelly of the Month. S&H Green Stamps, Subway sub club
I stayed at the Double Tree By Hilton Fontana Park in Lisbon back in September 2015. The front desk clerk charged me a Euro to mail a letter for me.

To this day, it's never arrived.

Maybe the mail is really slow.

However, the front desk clerk at The Westin (in Warsaw, Poland) mailed my letters the very next day...And three months later, they arrived.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 10:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Buster
Does anyone have any thoughts on the Valverde? We are also looking at Lisbon hotels. My husband is concerned that the IC is a bit far out. Bairro Alto sounds a bit too trendy/loud for us (a number of reviews on TA note loud parties and events happening there at all hours of the night).
The Hotel Valverde is a very nice and small hotel with excellent staff! Highly recommended!

In contrast to other city hotels they also have a patio (small swimming pool).

Last edited by teiring; Mar 9, 2016 at 11:16 pm
Old Mar 9, 2016, 11:11 pm
LHG

Programs: AS MVP Gold and hotel status through their credit cards as needed :)
Lisbon and Porto in the summer

Anyone stay at the Sheraton in Lisbon? I made speculative bookings there before the change in property category took place. We will be there early in August.

We will also visit Porto for a conference that my husband is presenting at.
The conference Hotels are these three (Hotel Ipanema Porto Hotel Fénix Porto Hotel Ipanema Park), if anyone that has been to both Lisbon and Porto have any comments about them?

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 10, 2016, 2:00 am

-- --

Last edited by QPRfan; Nov 6, 2018 at 8:43 am
Old Mar 10, 2016, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Dmulvee
It is 6 years since I last visited, so a lot could have changed, but I stayed at the Pestana Palace and thought it was excellent. It felt a little out of the way, but we didn't mind that
Ditto +1, the Pestana Palace is a wonderful hotel and offers a "true sense of place" experience IMHO. ^
Old Mar 10, 2016, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by LHG
Anyone stay at the Sheraton in Lisbon? I made speculative bookings there before the change in property category took place. We will be there early in August.

We will also visit Porto for a conference that my husband is presenting at.
The conference Hotels are these three (Hotel Ipanema Porto Hotel Fénix Porto Hotel Ipanema Park), if anyone that has been to both Lisbon and Porto have any comments about them?

Thanks in advance
Both great places to sightsee. Porto is one of my favourite places. Best hotel is The Yeatman, on the opposite bank. Don't miss the Port Wine Lodges.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Both great places to sightsee. Porto is one of my favourite places. Best hotel is The Yeatman, on the opposite bank. Don't miss the Port Wine Lodges.
Good call. ^ When in Porto this hotel comes also highly recommended...

InterContinental Porto - Palacio das Cardosas offers a sense of heritage and authenticity in the heart of the city. Located in a newly renovated 18th century palace overlooking the imposing Avenida dos Aliados, the hotel is the ideal place for those looking to experience the city's true essence. Nearby are major cultural highlights such as the Bolhão Market, Ribeira District and the Clérigos Church the Palacio das Cardosas.
http://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/...ha/hoteldetail

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Mar 10, 2016, 11:34 pm
LHG

Programs: AS MVP Gold and hotel status through their credit cards as needed :)
Thanks for all of you chiming in
I will check out the options mentioned.
Love you flyertalk community!!
Old Apr 12, 2016, 2:46 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

Can anyone shed any insight on Bairro Alto vs. the Four Seasons for us? We're traveling to Lisbon for next Christmas with our six year old. The FS is a little less expensive and may have a more planned Christmas program, but Bairro Alto seems like it has a better location but also has some music and special meals, though.

I really like the idea of being able to walk directly into the city, with cobblestone streets, without having to take a cab.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.