Buenos Aires and Santiago

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buenos Aires and Santiago

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2018, 8:34 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Combining this with the already existing thread cited by FlyerEC above.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels and travel
Old Oct 25, 2019, 6:32 pm

Has anyone been to Ritz Carlton Santiago lately? Has it been re-done?
Old Oct 26, 2019, 2:12 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Avios
Yes, I went last year. I don't know if it had be redone but it was definitely the nicest of the hotels that we visited (The W and the Renaissance were the other two)
Old Oct 26, 2019, 6:19 am

Thank you

Originally Posted by SilverSpoon
Yes, I went last year. I don't know if it had be redone but it was definitely the nicest of the hotels that we visited (The W and the Renaissance were the other two)
Thanks so much. The web site says ( and photos ) show rooms being refubished and updated in 2018. More "modern" style and color palette?? I will be going there post-cruise end of November, and the advice I've been given, with the current civil unrest, is to stay in that neighborhood, and there or W or Mandarin Oriental. MO is booked. And W was my second choice.

Thanks again.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 6:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Will be at the RC Santiago in Feb, will report back. Have stayed PH every stay in BA and always enjoyed, considering Alvear next time though.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by stan1162
Thanks so much. The web site says ( and photos ) show rooms being refubished and updated in 2018. More "modern" style and color palette?? I will be going there post-cruise end of November, and the advice I've been given, with the current civil unrest, is to stay in that neighborhood, and there or W or Mandarin Oriental. MO is booked. And W was my second choice.

Thanks again.
We were there this past January and the rooms were great. Clearly newly renovated and everything worked well - I don't think they redid the bathroom fully but it was fine and better than most US RCs... Service was efficient though not much to comment on as we only spent one night in Santiago. The MO used to be a Grand Hyatt - we drove past and it looks like a very big hotel.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 1:15 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Avios
Originally Posted by stan1162

Thanks again.
my short review with some photos

Two Luxury Hotels in Santiago, Chile - SilverSpoon London
Old Oct 29, 2019, 7:29 am

Thanks for the link!

Originally Posted by SilverSpoon
Thank you very much.

j
Old Nov 5, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Re BA and in response to post above, avoid the Alvear. In Recoleta, it is still the Park Hyatt that is the strongest.

In Santiago, Singular or the Aubrey.
SojournsOf likes this.

Last edited by grumbler; Nov 5, 2019 at 9:46 am Reason: Forgot one

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.