Search

Guangzhou FS v RC?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2019, 1:57 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Guangzhou FS v RC?

Pros and cons? Never been to either. First time in CAN.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Pros and cons? Never been to either. First time in CAN.
It's been years since I stayed at the MO but really enjoyed the property. Didn't enjoy the FS at all. Just a very subpar FS property from the spa changing room to spa management.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 11:11 pm

I’ve stayed at the FS twice and, contrary to what Aventine said, I really enjoyed it (as far as skyscraper city hotels go). The rooms are modern, the views are great, and the service is acceptable for a hotel of its size. I’m a pool lover and the pool is stunning.

I much prefer the decor and general atmosphere of FS Guangzhou over the RC, notably the reverse of how I would rank the FS & RC HK properties.

To compare to a few other city hotels in China/HK (though YMMV):

FS Guangzhou is better than StR Shenzhen (only slightly), StR Chengdu, Shangri-La Xian, FS Beijing, both RC in Beijing.

FS Guangzhou is not as good as FS Shanghai, FS Hong Kong, RC Hong Kong, Rosewood Beijing, Peninsula Shanghai, RC Shanghai at Pudong.

No experience at MO Guangzhou
Old Oct 28, 2019, 5:49 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Have you looked at the brand new Rosewood that opened weeks ago? Obviously might have some growing pain but again, their opening in HK was pretty flawless.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 7:20 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Have you looked at the brand new Rosewood that opened weeks ago? Obviously might have some growing pain but again, their opening in HK was pretty flawless.
have not. Never been to CAN before, considering all options. Ty.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 7:36 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
have not. Never been to CAN before, considering all options. Ty.
Sorry, didn't mean to sound like I was implying Rosewood should have been an obvious choice or anything

As mentioned, have no idea how it is yet but at least it's a new property and looks like it will have a solid hard product. Tallest property in CAN.
Service is unknown but HK was great at opening and BKK has been okay. Worth a shot if nothing else really stands out either.

Lived in CAN for a year when I was 5...obviously much different than today but food is great there. If you enjoy Cantonese cuisine.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 8:12 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like I was implying Rosewood should have been an obvious choice or anything

As mentioned, have no idea how it is yet but at least it's a new property and looks like it will have a solid hard product. Tallest property in CAN.
Service is unknown but HK was great at opening and BKK has been okay. Worth a shot if nothing else really stands out either.

Lived in CAN for a year when I was 5...obviously much different than today but food is great there. If you enjoy Cantonese cuisine.
Oh no, I didn't mean it that way either haha. Just that I am open to anything people have had good experiences with. Literally the only first hand data i'm working with now is one of my friends who stayed at the Ritz and enjoyed it. Welcome insights into other properties. Thx.
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 8:12 am

Scratch my suggestion for the FS. Go to the Rosewood GetSetJetSet!

I have no idea how I didn’t know about this new property but looking at photos it is spectacular. The FS is a solid property, but I would be lying if I didn’t say the Rosewood looked leagues better.

https://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/inside-new-rosewood-guangzhou-worlds-tallest-five-star-hotel
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 10:12 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MicSanToro
Scratch my suggestion for the FS. Go to the Rosewood GetSetJetSet!

I have no idea how I didn’t know about this new property but looking at photos it is spectacular. The FS is a solid property, but I would be lying if I didn’t say the Rosewood looked leagues better.

https://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/inside-new-rosewood-guangzhou-worlds-tallest-five-star-hotel
It says "tallest" hotel on Floor 108, but isn't all of the RC HKG on Floor 112 and above?
Old Oct 28, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: CX MPC
FS has the view and MO has better rooms.
RW has mediocre feedbacks since opening and I don't recommend RC.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 5:07 pm

Definitely Rosewood > FS >> RC. The best RC in China mainland right now is in Xi’an, followed by RC Pudong Shanghai. No other RCs are really worth it.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 8:20 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Rosewood feedback looks mediocre. The rooms at the FS look very nice. Not much input on the MO. Thoughts? Assuming I don’t want to roll the dice on a brand new Rosewood that may not be ready for primetime, FS is safest bet?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
We’ve only been to Guangzhou once and really enjoyed the MO. Textbook service + hard product and the rain shower was like standing under a waterfall - only peer for the showers are the contemporary rooms at the Connaught in London.

The mall connectivity is really clutch as well. Only downside was that even on high floors (we were in a club room), the views were so so. The FS and any other high rise hotel will have a better view. Given the smog and the fact that a lot of city lights go out at night, I didn’t think we were missing anything.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 2:31 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Booked FS, will report back
MicSanToro likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 2:37 pm

Booked FS, will report back
Good to hear! Despite how great I think the Rosewood looks, it is probably a smart choice to pass on it for now while they work out kinks in service.

Which room category did you book?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.