The Ultimate Guide to Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Ultimate Guide to Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2022, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by scented
I wonder if the media simply doesn't understand that corporate ownership doesn't necessarily mean property ownership. I could be wrong but think it's highly questionable that Gates buys this Palazzo. My initial understanding was that the Catholic Church through an investment arm is the owner and they would have FS manage the property. It is so weird to read that Gates and Waleed are jointly buying the palazzo. However, given Kingdom has divested nearly all hotels except FSGV and Savoy, it could be possible that Waleed is doing another round of investments... who knows!
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301579691.html

Fort Partners are the owners, who already own multiple FS properties in the states.
scented likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 8:22 am

Does anyone have an idea on what FS will be opening in 2023?
Old Jul 23, 2022, 10:01 am

Programs: FB Gold, IB Plus Plata
Originally Posted by MorganDK
Does anyone have an idea on what FS will be opening in 2023?
FS Formentor in Mallorca is supposed to open in 2023. But it may be delayed to 2024
offerendum and MorganDK like this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by Satie
FS Formentor in Mallorca is supposed to open in 2023. But it may be delayed to 2024
Yes... also FS Rabat is making good progress, but likely end 2023 / early 2024...
Old Jul 26, 2022, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Satie
Will book the opening rate in 2026
Old Aug 9, 2022, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA Premier Exec, SPG Gold
Anyone hear an update on Tamarindo's opening date?
Old Aug 10, 2022, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by jacksonSFO
Nothing announced yet, they just put the logo up! From what I can tell the team and service will be simply remarkable!

Since reservations aren't open yet, I'd guess December..
jacksonSFO likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 4:39 pm
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jacksonSFO
Reservations scheduled to open at the end of August, with opening TBD sometime between November and January. Or so I was told.
jacksonSFO likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 12:32 pm

Four Seasons Luxor under way

https://www.forbesmiddleeast.com/lif...pened-in-luxor

TMG Holding being the owner should mean that the property will be built to very high standards like the new extension of FS Sharm el Sheikh.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 1:15 pm

Four Seasons to manage new properties being built in both Cario and Luxor; I'm assuming the current properties there will change to a new flag and management open these two open?

https://cpp-luxury.com/four-seasons-...s-cairo-luxor/
Old Aug 20, 2022, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Shangri-La
I'm assuming the current properties there will change to a new flag and management open these two open?
Not so sure about this. The Luxir property will not have any effect on Cairo and the new property in cairo seems to be on totally different part of the city. I doubt many tourists will stay there.
Shangri-La likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 10:45 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Question Online reservation cancellation possible?

Hello all,

I might pose a stupid question here but i am totally unfamiliair with Four Seasons.

Problem:
I've booked a B&B rate at Four Seasons Aestir Palace in November,
Due to medical treatments i prefer to cancel this stay.

1 From the confirmation email i press the link modify my stay
2 It goes to the Four Seasons site, asking for my last name
3 After input i am taken to their website with all features to enhance the stay
4 no memtion at all of cancelling or modifying my reservation
5 only a chat with us function

Question: To cancel my reservation:
Is it normal to use the chat function ?
Or am i better off to email to [email protected] instead?

Thanks for you input!
Old Aug 21, 2022, 3:00 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Thumbs up

I can answer my own question:

- i used the chat function within the reservation interface
- or it was a very smart AI or there was a direct connection to Greece this sunday morning and everyone had their Greek coffees already....
- i asked in chat to cancel
- they answered to see / analyze if the B&B rate was eligable for free cancellation
- after 2 min wait, the answer was given OK for cancellation
- asked for cancellation confirmation per email
- in another 2 minutes it appeared in my inbox

Conclusion:
- not that obvious for cancellations
- chat function works
- action could instantly be taken
* do miss however a convenience cancellation button just as in interface on sites of IHG / Hilton / Hyatt
Old Aug 30, 2022, 3:21 pm

Had a quick one night stay at the new FS Minneapolis. I’m not really into writing hotel reviews about out a short synopsis…

The property is beautiful - especially the bar area (great drinks too!). The room (we were in a deluxe river view king) is calming and well designed, and I appreciated the qi charger in the nightstand. No hooks though anywhere which is crazy and a pet peeve of mine in hotels (especially those on cold climates like MSP!). Nice view looking over the Mississippi. The bathroom shower had excellent pressure from the rain forest head.

Staff was kind and helpful, though our interaction was pretty minimal given the short stay. Check in and out was efficient and pleasant, no issues applying partner benefits. Sadly we had to leave before breakfast opened this morning.

We had dinner at Mara and it was excellent. The salt crusted branzino and lamb shank were expertly prepared and service was attentive.

A great addition to MSP!

Old Sep 2, 2022, 7:39 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Random question for people have stayed at a variety of different locations: has anyone noticed Four Seasons properties getting stingy with the "Daily full breakfast for two" benefit in FSPP or FHR?

I first noticed this whenever I put my parents up at the FS San Francisco at Embarcadero, if you order like two breakfast entrees and two drinks (e.g. coffee / OJ) the $70 credit amount will end up not covering the items by $20-30 plus tips. Then I stayed at the FS NOLA on FSPP recently and the breakfast credit for two was $60, which is quite low; two breakfast entrees + 1 black coffee + 1 latte comes to $90.

I can afford the residual $30 or whatever but more that it feels like the FS is nickle and diming which I don't like in luxury hotels where you're paying premium rates.

Contrast this to my last FHR stay at the Langham Chicago where the bills were around $100 and on my checkout folio breakfast is completely removed (even tray charges), etc. or my recent stay at Rosewood London where they don't make you sign anything and everything is just magically reduced to the $5 tray charge... no "max X GBP", etc. (they also serve breakfast 24/7 which is nice).

But I don't claim to have stayed at many FS to generalize.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.