The Ultimate Guide to Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Ultimate Guide to Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2016, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by 0bsidian
What kind of salary would a GM in that position command in the industry? I don't work in this space and have always wondered what comp was like.
Oh you'd be disappointed most likely. But some of the perks they are able to negotiate are interesting, such as first class travel, hotel stays in specialty suites during travels if avail, accommodation + private school for children. Expat stuff. But the compensation itself won't make you go wow.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
If you speak about Hotel du Palais it used to be seasonal but for several years now it's open all year round.
True - but I wonder if FS will continue all-year opening as it is such a seasonal place, with very low occupancy at other times of year.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 6:38 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Four Seasons to open in Kuwait end of 2016

The Four Seasons Kuwait at Burj Alshaya, set to open in late 2016 will be located in Kuwait’s central business district, with easy access to the downtown area. This will be the 14th property of the Four Seasons chain in the Middle East.
http://www.cpp-luxury.com/four-seaso...t-end-of-2016/

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Aug 4, 2016, 4:58 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, QF/HH/TG/SQ GOLD
FS Marrakech - New GM to be announced soon. Ex - Aman MD.
FS Mauritius - GM transferred from another FS resort.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by seiknujnama
FS Marrakech - New GM to be announced soon. Ex - Aman MD.
Right now Brent Martin is standing in, but I'm curious who will follow -- ex Aman sounds great, who is it - Blaise Montandon?
Old Aug 4, 2016, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by scented
Right now Brent Martin is standing in, but I'm curious who will follow -- ex Aman sounds great, who is it - Blaise Montandon?
Ex-Amanjena Gabriel Lousada? Can't see him staying long at Hard Rock Hotel Brazil.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Ex-Amanjena Gabriel Lousada? Can't see him staying long at Hard Rock Hotel Brazil.
He's literally the first person that came to my mind, since he's done many projects (didn't he also open a Riad in MRK?) and I think he's a good GM -- but I hear it is Blaise Montandon indeed.

I love FS MRK, but especially in terms of F&B they should re-think everything and need a GM that can get things done. Change in Morocco seems a bit difficult to accomplish.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by scented
He's literally the first person that came to my mind, since he's done many projects (didn't he also open a Riad in MRK?) and I think he's a good GM -- but I hear it is Blaise Montandon indeed.

I love FS MRK, but especially in terms of F&B they should re-think everything and need a GM that can get things done. Change in Morocco seems a bit difficult to accomplish.
Just checked - you are quite right - it is Blaise. He should definitely stir things up! Quite a change for him and for Four Seasons.

Gabriel is still in Brazil.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 7:41 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by uggboy
Has there not been a trip report on this property yet? Normally this forum manages one within days of such a hotel opening!

Or maybe my search capability is just poor. Either way, I'm very interested to know what the hard product is like and how well the hotel has bedded down service wise.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
Has there not been a trip report on this property yet? Normally this forum manages one within days of such a hotel opening!

Or maybe my search capability is just poor. Either way, I'm very interested to know what the hard product is like and how well the hotel has bedded down service wise.
It's a bit warm there now so you probably won't see reviews for a few more months. Actually I think it's a good job they opened during the summer. That way they can iron out the kinks before guests arrive in numbers.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

facebook.com/clubedelweiss.ch/posts/857550314300226 (photo of some construction)

August 3, 2015 · Megève, France ·

Le prochain palace à Megève, le Four Seasons Mont d’Arbois proposera 39 chambres de grand standing et 14 suites répartis dans 2 chalets.

Ouverture prévue fin décembre 2016.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 7, 2016 at 8:01 am
Old Aug 7, 2016, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Megève, eh? This must be for Russian Billionaires, eh? But it seems to be owned by the Rothschild family. See some illustrations here http://www.bla.fr/H-megeve.html
Old Aug 7, 2016, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post26970325
En 2017, avec Ariane, son épouse, le baron Benjamin ouvrira, au hameau du Planellet, un nouveau Palace des Neiges siglé Four Seasons.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA

To me, FS Abu Dhabi is a hybrid between a business hotel with some capabilities for the leisure market. The rooms and suites are a good size and, opposed to FS Dubai DIFC, all rooms feature a deep-soaking tub. There is also a generous pool with caring staff and a serious spa. I credit the Dubai-based leadership team Hailey B and Simon Casson at the time with choosing Sodashi for that spa, in addition to Swiss Perfection. Very good choice. Location is excellent and if one doesn't have to be on the beach, this hotel works very well and will provide a rewarding Four Seasons experience very soon, once all kinks are worked out. The proximity to dining and shopping couldn't be better honestly. Great GM (Sam).
Old Aug 9, 2016, 1:54 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Thank you, scented. ^ That gives me a good sense of the place - just what I was looking for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.