Reload this Page >

The Ultimate Guide to Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Ultimate Guide to Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2016, 10:39 am

Four season paris spa extension will start this august with an 18 meters pool.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:47 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Now Open: Four Seasons Hotel Jakarta
Ideally situated within the city’s Central Business District, the all-new Four Seasons Hotel Jakarta has arrived. With excellent dining options, sumptuously appointed spa and handsome event spaces, it promises to be the preferred address of the city’s elite, as well as business and leisure travellers from around the world.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 5:38 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, QF/HH/TG/SQ GOLD
New FS Tokyo in Otemachi. Not far from Aman Tokyo, and very close to current FS Marunouchi.
http://press.fourseasons.com/news-re...otel-in-tokyo/

FS will take over a resort in Vietnam soon.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:06 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by seiknujnama
New FS Tokyo in Otemachi. Not far from Aman Tokyo, and very close to current FS Marunouchi.

...set to open in the spring of 2020...
Thanks for your update on the new Tokyo property.

Do you know which Vietnam property/resort they want to take over?

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by seiknujnama

This is so exciting! :-:
Old Jul 13, 2016, 4:15 am

I heard that FS were looking to take over the Nam Hai from GHM.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I heard that FS were looking to take over the Nam Hai from GHM.
That's interesting news. What's going on with GHM?

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Jul 13, 2016, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by uggboy
That's interesting news. What's going on with GHM?

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
I had high hopes for GHM, but they are struggling for existence - that's what it is. The decline started with the takeover of The Setai in Miami when Lehman Brothers violently forced them out. They won the court cases but damage had already been done.

These days, they are down to 4 hotels and most of key management switched to COMO apparently. And the market is reacting better to COMO, they are more 21st century, lifestyle oriented, have strategic partnerships in place and found better niche products.

Meanwhile GHM lost so many properties that I lost count, but at the same time they went very public with planned projects that never came to fruition. Bad press made the brand so unattractive that I cannot imagine which property developer would sign a contract with them these days!

The Nam Hai is their only property that is commercially successful (yet architecture is highly controversial), The Chedi Club is solid but there's been a lot of rumors recently that they might loose management of that one as well, don't get me started on Andermatt - a disaster: badly managed, a trophy property by Egyptian billionaire Sawiris that fails to produce revenue aside from 2 months a year and part of a huge project in the Swiss Alps (read: gamble) that's been slowing down for a while now. The Chedi Muscat in Oman is their only resort I love and that is critically acclaimed by trustworthy publications (such as Gallivanter's).

Not sure if GHM is fixable, and also not sure if AZ is still involved (or his son?).
Old Jul 13, 2016, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by scented
I had high hopes for GHM, but they are struggling for existence - that's what it is. The decline started with the takeover of The Setai in Miami when Lehman Brothers violently forced them out. They won the court cases but damage had already been done.

These days, they are down to 4 hotels and most of key management switched to COMO apparently. And the market is reacting better to COMO, they are more 21st century, lifestyle oriented, have strategic partnerships in place and found better niche products.

Meanwhile GHM lost so many properties that I lost count, but at the same time they went very public with planned projects that never came to fruition. Bad press made the brand so unattractive that I cannot imagine which property developer would sign a contract with them these days!

The Nam Hai is their only property that is commercially successful (yet architecture is highly controversial), The Chedi Club is solid but there's been a lot of rumors recently that they might loose management of that one as well, don't get me started on Andermatt - a disaster: badly managed, a trophy property by Egyptian billionaire Sawiris that fails to produce revenue aside from 2 months a year and part of a huge project in the Swiss Alps (read: gamble) that's been slowing down for a while now. The Chedi Muscat in Oman is their only resort I love and that is critically acclaimed by trustworthy publications (such as Gallivanter's).

Not sure if GHM is fixable, and also not sure if AZ is still involved (or his son?).
Thanks for your insights scented, a fascinating story and info about a hotel management company which should've been successful to begin with as they had the "right" pedigree. Now, I'm seriously worried about the future of GHM, it's good to hear that COMO has prospered in the meantime.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Jul 13, 2016, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by uggboy
Thanks for your insights scented, a fascinating story and info about a hotel management company which should've been successful to begin with as they had the "right" pedigree. Now, I'm seriously worried about the future of GHM, it's good to hear that COMO has prospered in the meantime.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
You're welcome - I think the Nam Hai would work well with Four Seasons, it fits Christopher Norton's plan to bring FS' design to the next level. But I can't see the guest rooms remain like this, a lot of investment would have to go into them, to change some key characteristics.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 7:06 am
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

You're welcome - I think the Nam Hai would work well with Four Seasons, it fits Christopher Norton's plan to bring FS' design to the next level. But I can't see the guest rooms remain like this, a lot of investment would have to go into them, to change some key characteristics.
Hard for me to get excited about this one. As noted here multiple times, the Nam Hai is a resort with some design challenges. And I also think the interiors of the rooms are looking pretty dated. Unless FS does a total revamp of the interior of the rooms, I think it remains a resort that doesn't quite work (even if it's managed by FS).

Too bad the old FS Cham Island project seems to be dead - now that was a resort that was worth getting excited over.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FS means higher rates on beachfront at viceroy anguilla and nam hai. oh well.
technically one of vietnam ICs could also go FS? although if theyre franchises..

i have a post tracking GHM property losses. does BTG hold equity/debt for GHM?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 13, 2016 at 8:41 am
Old Jul 13, 2016, 9:35 am

If you look at the couple of rooms that the Nam Hai have re-done (upon owner request, I gather), without the shin-bruising platforms, this would be a fairly simple job for Four Seasons. The resort certainly has potential.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 3:45 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, QF/HH/TG/SQ GOLD
Originally Posted by xracer
Hard for me to get excited about this one. As noted here multiple times, the Nam Hai is a resort with some design challenges. And I also think the interiors of the rooms are looking pretty dated. Unless FS does a total revamp of the interior of the rooms, I think it remains a resort that doesn't quite work (even if it's managed by FS).

Too bad the old FS Cham Island project seems to be dead - now that was a resort that was worth getting excited over.
HPL is the new owner of Nam Hai now. They bought several resorts and managed by FS after. I am pretty sure it will close for enhancement.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: No program whatsoever
Just announced, FS to manage second property in the Seychelles.

Desroches Island Developments Limited and Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, the world’s leading luxury hospitality company, today announced that Four Seasons will manage the only resort offering on the remote tropical island of Desroches in the Seychelles. After undergoing extensive renovations, the existing property will re-open in 2017 as Four Seasons Resort Seychelles at Desroches Island. [...]
Source

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.