Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco (Tuscany)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco (Tuscany)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2015, 4:21 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Golf was great. The course is the only 100% private (members and hotel guests only) course in Italy. Several times, we were the only group on the course. It doesn't get much better than that!

The course was in perfect condition. I don't recall a brown patch anywhere in play.

Hole 13 is over 680 yards and is the longest in Europe.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
The pool was very comfortable. Drinks and food served.

Obligatory bocce court...
Old Jul 11, 2015, 4:24 pm

We visited their winery (some pretty good wines) and had a friend set up some private vintner tours nearby.

This is the CdB cellar.

Our favorite off-property visit was to Col D'Orcia.

Old Jul 11, 2015, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by xracer
Great pictures - thanks for sharing them. It looks lovely. Although I do have to say that terrace looks somewhat underutilized. How great would it have been to have a nice plunge pool there?

Very curious to hear your impressions of the place. We almost went this past May, but didn't because we thought it might be too soon after the transition.
Thanks.

You could have moved a large table out onto the larger portion of the terrace. We kept it under the thatched awning. We ended up not eating out there, but you could easily arrange a room service meal out there.

The service really impressed us. Housekeeping was perfect, and clearly knew our dining and activity bookings (which is a plus)...I watched one time and they were ready to charge in 10 minutes after our dinner booking. Dining/drinks service in the restaurants was also very good, and they had a waitress and "barman" at the pool all the time. A cook was at the pool with a small cooking area during peak lunch times, though you could order from the main kitchen any time.

Service at the golf course was also top notch.

It was so good that I've actually got the forms for membership! (Don't tell my wife! ) I will go back next spring as part of a business trip and if it keeps up, I'll likely join their private golf club. Pretty low ongoing cost and very significant savings at the hotel.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 6:53 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Thanks! We're thinking about this place for next year with our son. The Rose Buds program looks good on the website.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Great! I really uscany and would like to do a few days (again). I still try to decide if I should book a hotel (my usual choice) or a self-catering villa (which is often incredible value). Really enjoyd your Report, definitively an option!
Old Nov 7, 2015, 1:29 pm

We just stayed there in early October and it was a WOW. I truly hope I can return someday.

It wasn't inexpensive by any means, but I would say it was a good value for what we experienced. I have posted a trip report and some photos here: https://polloplayer.wordpress.com/20...he-castiglion/

Someone upthread mentioned that the service seemed immature. We felt that the service was superb. It is true, however, that many of the employees were quite young. We were told that the Ferragamos have some sort of program where they recruit young people from various parts of the country who might not otherwise have the opportunity to enter the hospitality biz. The young employees at Castiglion del Bosco were, in our opinion, trained even better than the ones we see at Four Seasons. We also stayed at Portrait Firenze where the entire team is under thirty years old and they were incredibly professional and hard-working.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 7:25 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Wow. Beautiful pictures. Thank you for the review.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 9:01 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Valveking
Wow. Beautiful pictures. Thank you for the review.
Agreed.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 10:15 am

Thank you, both! Glad you enjoyed it. Hard to get a bad photo in Tuscany;-)
Old Nov 8, 2015, 3:39 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Thanks for the report. We really want go do this one with our young son. The Rosebuds program at this property looks very nice.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 7:19 pm

The hotel's name recognition just jumped with Justin Verlander (Houston Astros) and Kate Upton (super model) getting married there today.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus
Its a great hotel.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 8:52 pm

Who has stayed here recently? NYBanker's report on his 2015 stay was very appealing. Is it still at the same high standard? I saw a comment by MacMyDay in a different thread that the food disappointed at the Michelin starred restaurant. Is there only one restaurant on site? How far away are excellent restaurants?
Old Jul 6, 2018, 12:11 am

There are 2 restaurants on site, with the more relaxed style actually being very good, so I wouldn't be put off by their fine dining not being worth the cost. I do need to do a write-up of here (too many places, not enough time), but overall I was really impressed. We stayed here a few days after Villa Feltrinelli, and whilst I preferred there, my fianc thought Castiglion del Bosco was better.
BESVISOR likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.