Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris Peninsula OMG

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2014, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by pricesquire
Bangkok?
The one's I have been in and have the phones and Toto toilets are HK, Tokyo, Beijing and Shanghai (although Shanghai doesn't have the butt warmer/washer).
Old Nov 21, 2014, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Pickles
Are you sure you're not staying in their telecomms closet?
Old Nov 21, 2014, 8:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I love Peninsula almost everywhere, but unfortunately the Paris property does not appeal to me. Simply bringing their bathroom design, technology, and room design to Paris is not sufficent to get me to try it anytime soon, especially considering the other options in Paris. The property is also too large.
That makes two of us.

Price point is too high (from what I've seen), building is too big, Paris already has too many options.

I'm sure it's great, but I'm perfectly happy with the PHV, Epsirit St-Germain, Prince de Galles, etc etc etc
Old Nov 21, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Those same technology was first implemented in Peninsula Tokyo 7 years ago. At that time it was really ground breaking. Peninsula Shanghai soon follow suit. But by now, I would expect a bit more from Paris Peninsula to entice me to try. Not just having lots of phones in the room to be honest. But then , I think I have seen too much, after 10+ years of staying regularly at luxury hotels, pretty much nothing can actually get me excited nowadays.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Centurion
Oh....found even more phones in my room which is not a suite.
Do you really need them? Normally I don`t really need a phone at a hotel. I think 1 per room is absolutely fine.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 12:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by offerendum
Do you really need them? Normally I don`t really need a phone at a hotel. I think 1 per room is absolutely fine.
lol. yes.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 2:09 pm

Programs: Skymiles Plat/1MM, United Prem, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
^^ - I live/work in a tech world so a few less phones is actually welcome..
Old Nov 22, 2014, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by offerendum
Do you remember the last time you used the hotel phone for outside calls ? I don't...

One phone by the desk should be fine... The one by bed, toilet, closet etc are not that useful, just my 5 cents.

Still nice to have free intl calls without turning on your computer
Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:15 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Paris Peninsula - Never Again

I live in Paris but I've had four visitors/clients vow to never stay there again. None of them have complained about the physical plant - I guess the Qataris were responsible for that. But the universal complaint is service in every area. One said they waited one hour to be even presented with a menu. There seems not to be anyone responsible for a table, just a horde of clueless servers wondering around.

I was so surprised by this that we went there to check it out. And I confirm. It wasn't until I decided to make me a "friend" of the head waiter due to the proximity of our table to the kitchen that service improved with him himself performing it. Thats not how it should work! The food itself was delicious.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
It is absolutely worth eating at their restaurant, http://paris.peninsula.com/en/fine-d...top-restaurant.

It has the most amazing setting, with a view of Paris rooftops and the Eiffel Tower. I've heard universally excellent things about the food as well.

After touring the rooms and seeing the spaces where they have breakfast/tea, I wouldn't stay there.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:22 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
Four Seasons it is then... (although I am tempted by the Peninsula as its so new and the views look great!)
Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:03 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by CanfordCliffs
Four Seasons it is then... (although I am tempted by the Peninsula as its so new and the views look great!)
If you're a daredevil ;-), think about the Shangri-la. For views, I don't think you can beat it...
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
Completely agree. And I don't think you need to be a daredevil. Shangri-La is a terrific hotel.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

After what happened with us and the spa, spa receptionist. I would never stay here no matter how many bells and gizmos they have.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 9:29 am
Suspended

Am I the only one who doesn't really care about views in Paris? Good room > good view any day (in Paris at least). Not the biggest fan of the area around the Eiffel anyway, so...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.