FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Luxury Hotels and Travel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel-220/)
-   -   Paris Peninsula OMG (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel/1630241-paris-peninsula-omg.html)

Centurion Nov 20, 2014 8:53 am

Paris Peninsula OMG fantastic !!!

I just checked into Paris Peninsula. No fewer than 3 house phones within eyesight that have free international VOIP. But they have more phones in the dressing makeup room and bath. The bathroom has spa features including spa bathtub that has a button so no one disturbs and knocks on your door and large TV and more remote controls. I just raised the widow awnings via one of two touch pads. Curtains lights etcetera all via touch pad. This is a tech luxury dream. Thank you assistant manger Geoffrey

offerendum Nov 20, 2014 9:04 am

I think you can expect at this price;)

Centurion Nov 20, 2014 9:28 am

Paris Peninsula OMG

I just came across three more phones and a Toto Toliet that just warmed my bum and made me smilie besides light up. LUXE has a new definition Paris Peninsula.

KatW Nov 20, 2014 10:12 am

I dunno ... sounds much too much for my inner Luddite.

wripro Nov 20, 2014 11:25 am

Unfortunately, the gadgets seem to be providing better service than the staff.

speedbird001 Nov 20, 2014 12:35 pm

They have the same phone, bathroom set ups at most of the Pen's outside of the U.S. It is not unique to Paris.

zebranz Nov 20, 2014 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Centurion (Post 23871412)
I just came across three more phones and a Toto Toliet that just warmed my bum and made me smilie besides light up. LUXE has a new definition Paris Peninsula.

Wonder what happens when you find the control panel!

Pierre&Cédric Nov 20, 2014 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by zebranz (Post 23872509)
Wonder what happens when you find the control panel!

lol :D
A short visit was enough for me to know that I would not stay there. Dark and uninspired decor even in large suites and average service. There are so many places in Paris offering a much more interesting experience!

pricesquire Nov 20, 2014 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by speedbird001 (Post 23872421)
They have the same phone, bathroom set ups at most of the Pen's outside of the U.S. It is not unique to Paris.

Bangkok?

scented Nov 20, 2014 3:32 pm

Odd review.

pricesquire Nov 20, 2014 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by scented (Post 23873370)
Odd review.

Not even sure 'review' is an apt description :D

Thinking more 'emotional burst of joy' meets 'let me tell my FT friends' --> which is the best we can hope for with a luxury hotel I s'pose

Centurion Nov 20, 2014 8:31 pm

Paris Peninsula OMG

The service is beyond great and I have stayed at other Peninsulas around the world. The Paris location equivalent is the equivalency of combining a Tesla with a Rolls Royce or technology and classic luxury. Oh....found even more phones in my room which is not a suite. I am a paying customer who departed another5* that did not provide a room with a proper bath which is a requirement for the Mrs.

BLV Nov 20, 2014 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by Centurion (Post 23871412)

PHV has Totos and a bunch of phones. I love technology and would gladly share your excitement but there's gotta be something more to it than controlling shades/lights/DND from the phone bedside and/or a remote, no? :confused:

MikeFromTokyo Nov 20, 2014 8:46 pm

I love Peninsula almost everywhere, but unfortunately the Paris property does not appeal to me. Simply bringing their bathroom design, technology, and room design to Paris is not sufficent to get me to try it anytime soon, especially considering the other options in Paris. The property is also too large.

Pickles Nov 21, 2014 12:24 am

Originally Posted by Centurion (Post 23874490)
The Paris location equivalent is the equivalency of combining a Tesla with a Rolls Royce or technology and classic luxury. Oh....found even more phones in my room which is not a suite. I am a paying customer who departed another5* that did not provide a room with a proper bath which is a requirement for the Mrs.

Are you sure you're not staying in their telecomms closet?