Cairo's 2 Four Seasons: Thoughts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cairo's 2 Four Seasons: Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:13 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
I know about the heated indoor pool within the spa complex of the NP but I believe they forbid children (seems silly not to have a family swim for even a couple hours per day as I have hardly ever seen this pool used by anyone). Are the outdoor pools at either property heated or even used during these next few months?
I'll report back shortly
BOStonTravels likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:40 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by m0hamed
I'll report back shortly
Thanks a lot @m0hamed, as always you are so helpful! I hope you have a great trip to Egypt and am also eager for your possible feedback from the people at the First Residence about some of the things mentioned in this thread.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by AnaTravel
The hotel advertises the pools as heated - including the children's pool. I only ever use the indoor pool so I can't tell you if that statement should be treated with a pinch of salt. The whirlpool in the indoor area is heavenly and big enough to float in after a swim in the main pool. Decent gym too.
Yes, NP has a very decent gym and the pools are lovely. My problem is that they dont (as far as I understand) have any swim times in the indoor pool for families/children. I think this is a big blight as what would a couple hours a day set times be an issue given the seeming underutilization of the indoor pool and their very strong ability to police it (as I have witnessed). It also stands in contrast to the family friendly pools at most other 4S properties I know. Sad!
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:39 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
Four Seasons NP is child friendly

The indoor pool is open to children from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm, which were the perfect times for our family.

Also, its worth it to schedule a private guided tour because all the groups arrive at the same time, and when using a guide you can easily visit the places in reverse order. All of the monuments we visited were not busy in the afternoons. The earlier in the morning we went, the busier the monument.

The Four Seasons guides might be the best but we were very happy with the guide we found on Tripadvisor and via American Express. We paid $120 for a 5 hour private guide found via Tripadvisor and $340 for a 3 hour guide found via Four Seasons. Both excellent.

I highly recommend visiting Egypt and can only recommend the Four Seasons Nile Plaza.
BOStonTravels and AnaTravel like this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Goodmorning2U
The indoor pool is open to children from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm, which were the perfect times for our family.

Also, its worth it to schedule a private guided tour because all the groups arrive at the same time, and when using a guide you can easily visit the places in reverse order. All of the monuments we visited were not busy in the afternoons. The earlier in the morning we went, the busier the monument.

The Four Seasons guides might be the best but we were very happy with the guide we found on Tripadvisor and via American Express. We paid $120 for a 5 hour private guide found via Tripadvisor and $340 for a 3 hour guide found via Four Seasons. Both excellent.

I highly recommend visiting Egypt and can only recommend the Four Seasons Nile Plaza.
Did the Four Seasons guide have a different certification to make up the price differential, or was it just Four Seasons markup?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Goodmorning2U

Wow fabulous (yet concerning) news. Was a real service misfire that we were told our grandchildren could not swim with us especially considering they are so anxious they barely speak (unfortunately) and certainly dont run around joyfully like other young ones their age
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:10 am
Suspended

I'll report back shortly
Curious about any updates you have re: pool in winter and any mention of the concerns discussed in this thread with management? We never heard back from the regional VP but did have very friendly if conciliatory conversation with rooms manager who offered compensation which we weren't seeking vs any talk about really addressing problems at FR mentioned in this thread.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:59 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Give me a few days...
BOStonTravels likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:29 pm

I just published my review here of the FS FR Exceptional, Personalised Luxury

Apologies but I didn't get a chance to raise the above issues with management.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 11:57 am
Suspended

Curious if anyone here has been to FR lately to try the First Nile Boat and if so how was it? https://www.fourseasons.com/cairofr/...rst-nile-boat/

Maybe totally misremembering but didnt one of Cairo's Four Seasons used to have an actual boat that would cruise along the Nile?
Old Nov 26, 2019, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Fly_IAD
Curious if anyone here has been to FR lately to try the First Nile Boat and if so how was it? https://www.fourseasons.com/cairofr/...rst-nile-boat/

Maybe totally misremembering but didnt one of Cairo's Four Seasons used to have an actual boat that would cruise along the Nile?
I've watched it being built. Looks lux, but like many boats along the waterfront it remains docked at all times. It's a floating event and restaurant space.

I believe the former GH now Grand Nile Tower had a Boat that went up and down the Nile for a dinner cruise.
Fly_IAD likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 2:53 pm
Suspended

I've watched it being built. Looks lux, but like many boats along the waterfront it remains docked at all times. It's a floating event and restaurant space.

I believe the former GH now Grand Nile Tower had a Boat that went up and down the Nile for a dinner cruise.
I also saw it being built during my last visit at least a year ago now. Pity it remains docked at all times as that would be a real treat if it took a cruise at certain times during the day. Interesting concept though and I cant think of another Four Seasons that has such a floating event space.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by Fly_IAD
I also saw it being built during my last visit at least a year ago now. Pity it remains docked at all times as that would be a real treat if it took a cruise at certain times during the day. Interesting concept though and I cant think of another Four Seasons that has such a floating event space.
I think it’s very Cairo just like TFIFriday’s and the bars/clubs.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 11:53 pm

I have been using the FS App chat for pre-arrival conversations as a yardstick to measure a hotel's service. And FS Cairo at Nile Plaza team's interaction was the best that I have had so far, even better than FSGV. On the other hand, I found the First Residence team's response slightly lacking.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by sandeep.thilakan
I have been using the FS App chat for pre-arrival conversations as a yardstick to measure a hotel's service. And FS Cairo at Nile Plaza team's interaction was the best that I have had so far, even better than FSGV. On the other hand, I found the First Residence team's response slightly lacking.
Each to their own. Personally, I only use chat while on property. I email for airport transfers, meet and assist etc because it’s important to have written confirmation that can be easily produced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.