Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Expert Hotel Reviews
Reload this Page >

Exceptional, Personalised Luxury

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:26 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC

Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at First Residence

35 Giza Street Giza, EG 12311

Exceptional, Personalised Luxury (10 Photos)

Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at First Residence

The FS FR is our home away from home in Cairo because of the incredible staff who treat us like family.

As always the property is on oasis of luxury, calm and attentive service with gorgeous flowers in all of the common areas.

1_IMG_8848.JPG

Check In

When we arrived in the hotel S Class (which I would highly recommend) a welcoming party met the car and whisked us to our of our suites for private, in room check in.

I mentioned I was sick and within minutes they had sent up a care package of Hibiscus, Camomile and other teas as well as fresh Ginger, Lemon and Honey. Moments like this are what make stays unforgettable.

IMG_9172.JPG

Room

We booked one Diplomatic and one City Suite.

The Diplomatic Suites are on higher floors and have views of the Pyramids, Zoo and the Nile and consistent of a entry foyer, guest bathroom, living and dining area as well as bedroom with ensuite. There are two large balconies. With views of the Pyramids, Zoo and the Nile you could stare out the window all day.

The City Suites are on lower floors and are on the same side as the Diplomatic Suite but on the opposite end of the floor. I have reviewed the Diplolmatic Suite before so the below photos are of the City Suite.

IMG_5741.JPG

IMG_9391.JPG

IMG_7479.JPG

IMG_2524.JPG

IMG_2820.JPG

IMG_5733.JPGIMG_6904.JPG

IMG_8143.JPG

Service

The service at the FS FR is the best of any hotel I have ever experienced.

Tamer, the Chief Concierge arranged our many and difficult requests and everything was utterly seamless. For e.g. there are no direct flights between SSH and HBE and he arranged the S Class to pick us up from CAI, picnic boxes because we won't eat the food from the train and two sets of train tickets in case MS ran late despite us not checking into the hotel later in the stay. The driver took us to the train platform to where our carriage would arrive and the driver from the FS San Stefano met us on arrival athe the carriage for an equally seamless experience.

Dining

The breakfast, in room dining and Aura restaurant are all very good.

We mentioned we were craving a local dish called Egga, an egg frittata, and the next morning the Chef had made the local and Italian version just for us. Where else in the World would a hotel go so above and beyond?

By the pool there are glass cabanas where they serve food and sheesha or you can eat in the restsurant itself.

On Fridays the hotel does a buffet lunch with local, Italian, Sushi, Seafood, Shawerma stations and a pelthora of desserts which I was given a tour of. I will definitely try it when we return but we ran out of time.

Gym & Spa

The spa and gym are great. They have built a large Turkish Hammam which I thought was female only because of the all advertising, however was informed it is by reservation so I will definitely try it on my next visit.

Overall

Overall, this was another exceptional stay.

I cannot thank Emil, Farhana and Tamer enough for such a wonderful stay. We had many complicated travel requests and Tamer made sure everything was seamless and we were well looked after.

Would you like to write a review on the Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at First Residence?

No, thank you.
Yes
FlyerEC and LinLant like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.