Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Expert Hotel Reviews
Reload this Page >

Surprise Parking Permit Surcharge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat., 1.52 MM

Courtyard Flint by Marriott

Map| 1 Review | 0% Recommended

5205 Gateway Blvd Flint, MI US 48507

Surprise Parking Permit Surcharge (0 Photo)

Check In

On February 1, 2019 I ordered a hotel room reservation at the Courtyard by Marriott in Flint MI, through a seamy, (phishy), web site:  -   www.hotel-rates.com.  This web site charged $19.99 that was supposed to be refunded to my CC after I check in....   
It was a bad start right there.
Upon arrival to Courtyard by Marriott in Flint MI the temperature was -2F outside.  Three cars were parked outside on a white ice-rink parking lot.   
I checked in. Before my CC was swiped I asked for the expected balance and it met the information given to me on the confirmation.  My card was swiped and I was handed a keycard to the room.  
Next came the old surprise trick:  The receptionist handed me a “Parking Permit” announcing that a $10 parking fee will be added to my final statement.
Note:  The parking lot was practically deserted on a Friday night.  There is no valet service and there is security service.  
Given the subfreezing temperature outside, and that cancelling the entire CC transaction will generate more complications I accepted the circumstances.
This was a cheap highway robbery in the dark of the night of a captive traveler by the Marriott Corporation.
The irony is that I have a “Marriott Rewards Gold Elite” status by their business agreement with United Airlines.
One more thing the, “hotel-rates.com” service charge is disputed separately.  That’s simple and easy.
The room was warm and and the bed was clean. 

#Marriottcheapmoneygrab #Marriottrobberyatnight #MarriottRewardsGoldElite #hotelrateswebsite   #MarriottCorporation

Would you like to write a review on the Courtyard Flint by Marriott?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.