Koh Samui, Thailand Hotel Decision

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Koh Samui, Thailand Hotel Decision

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2017, 8:16 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Guys any recent stays/experiences at FS ?
Still as good as this thread claims it to be ?

How does the experience on Samui differ from Phuket ? In terms of the type of crowd, things to do, places to eat, nightlife, weather etc ?
Old May 27, 2017, 5:24 am

Programs: No program whatsoever
Originally Posted by Nizar
[...]
Was at the FS KS in November - It's in my top 3 favourite FS properties and I've been to quite a few.
Old May 27, 2017, 7:44 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Maybe not Four Seasons, but we remember our stay at the Napasai Koh Samui fondly.

Please see:

https://www.belmond.com/napasai-koh-samui/

At the time we had a tour of the Four Seasons and liked what we saw, it's beautiful and the location/setting can be described as "dramatic".

Cheers & Safe Travels.
^
Old May 27, 2017, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by uggboy
Maybe not Four Seasons, but we remember our stay at the Napasai Koh Samui fondly.

Please see:

https://www.belmond.com/napasai-koh-samui/

At the time we had a tour of the Four Seasons and liked what we saw, it's beautiful and the location/setting can be described as "dramatic".

Cheers & Safe Travels.
^
How was the beach at Napasai? And the food?
Wouldn't be bad to try something new in Samui, but I'm a bit afraid of being disappointed after FS.
Old May 27, 2017, 11:57 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by 0bsidian
How was the beach at Napasai? And the food?
Wouldn't be bad to try something new in Samui, but I'm a bit afraid of being disappointed after FS.
As far we remember the beach was immaculate and beautiful, it felt to us very romantic, especially in the evening with a drink/cocktail from the bar/terrace.

The beach wasn't overrun and they took good care in offering a quiet environment to relax, btw. their pool is stunning IMHO. Gorgeous views over the beach/sea, swaying palms and Salas have been available too/beside sun loungers.

In regards of food, we enjoyed every meal we'd in the resort incl. breakfast/lunch/dinner. In the mornings we had the pleasure to enjoy breakfast with the [then] GM a few times in attendance. They've a good mix at meal times incl. Thai/Pan-Asian and World cuisine dishes, plus we have enjoyed a Thai/dancing dinner show too, with memorable Thai food and beautiful Entertainment.

Overall, we would highly recommend this beautiful resort when visiting Koh Samui.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old May 27, 2017, 9:51 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
I'd say FS is clearly the top dog in Koh Samui.

There are others which have very nice suites/villas (Banyan Tree, Conrad - the latter for the views) but as a whole package, particularly if the beach is of importance, then you'd be best going with FS.
Old May 28, 2017, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by uggboy
As far we remember the beach was immaculate and beautiful, it felt to us very romantic, especially in the evening with a drink/cocktail from the bar/terrace.

The beach wasn't overrun and they took good care in offering a quiet environment to relax, btw. their pool is stunning IMHO. Gorgeous views over the beach/sea, swaying palms and Salas have been available too/beside sun loungers.

In regards of food, we enjoyed every meal we'd in the resort incl. breakfast/lunch/dinner. In the mornings we had the pleasure to enjoy breakfast with the [then] GM a few times in attendance. They've a good mix at meal times incl. Thai/Pan-Asian and World cuisine dishes, plus we have enjoyed a Thai/dancing dinner show too, with memorable Thai food and beautiful Entertainment.

Overall, we would highly recommend this beautiful resort when visiting Koh Samui.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Thank you, you paint a fascinating picture.

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
I'd say FS is clearly the top dog in Koh Samui.

There are others which have very nice suites/villas (Banyan Tree, Conrad - the latter for the views) but as a whole package, particularly if the beach is of importance, then you'd be best going with FS.
Have you been at Napasai? Uggboy made me curious.

Last edited by 0bsidian; May 28, 2017 at 9:43 am
Old May 28, 2017, 10:07 am

We have been to the Belmond Napasai with our parents over Christmas; Uggboys memory reflects mine to the point.

The artificial beach, about 4 steps above the beach was spotless. The beach unfortunately was gritty and the water cloudy due to the bad weather the week before our arrival.

You can find more photos of the grounds and rooms on my blog.

Name:  Belmond-Napasai-Koh-Samui-30-1080x715.jpg
Views: 1033
Size:  163.7 KB

Name:  Belmond-Napasai-Koh-Samui-34-1080x715.jpg
Views: 1097
Size:  168.5 KB

Last edited by ctrlf; May 28, 2017 at 10:12 am
Old May 28, 2017, 4:02 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Amex Platinum, Inspirato, UA Spouse of GS,Amanjunkie,Starwood Platinum,Hyatt Diam
Anyone hearing any news about the new Ritz-Carlton Koh Samui opening this year?
Old May 28, 2017, 8:39 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Have you been at Napasai? Uggboy made me curious.
Nope, not yet - but I'm really not keen on the Belmonds in Asia personally and my stay at Belmond in Siem Reap has done nothing to change this view point.
Old May 29, 2017, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Nope, not yet - but I'm really not keen on the Belmonds in Asia personally and my stay at Belmond in Siem Reap has done nothing to change this view point.
Gotcha ^

Originally Posted by ray1022
Anyone hearing any news about the new Ritz-Carlton Koh Samui opening this year?
Not a big fan of RC usually, but the Samui one looks interesting, at least judging from the renders.
Old May 30, 2017, 12:35 pm

Ritz Carlton

Gotcha ^

Not a big fan of RC usually, but the Samui one looks interesting, at least judging from the renders.
Where is located on the island
Old May 30, 2017, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by Nizar

How does the experience on Samui differ from Phuket ? In terms of the type of crowd, things to do, places to eat, nightlife, weather etc ?
Not super recent but my wife and I stayed for 5 nights in '15. Was not disappointed and never left the property once. Service was top notch bordering on cheesy as they decorated one of the buggies for my wife's birthday which she was thoroughly embarrassed by.

Couple of the activities we partook in were Muay Thai lessons, tennis, used the spa a few times, and the Once in a Blue Moon private dinner. All were great. The beach is quite nice although there's very little if any ocean life right off the shore. Service on the beach is great as each lounger has a "call button" and the whole beach is equipped with solid Wifi. We were there in January and the weather was awesome. Only had one brief afternoon downpour. The plunge pools are not heated and most are in the shade thus the water will be quite chilly.

The food was decent not great but that's not too shocking at an island beach resort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.