Four Seasons Punta Mita or Four Seasons Costa Rica

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Seasons Punta Mita or Four Seasons Costa Rica

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2013, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

jja34-1 - Valveking and declinespecificinformation were referring to "non-FS villa"
"FS villas in PM" are hotel villas in hotel inventory

hualalai villas are not hotel villas in hotel inventory, but its a single development, so resort access with resort fee. and some FS amenities in villas when renting through hualalai's rental management company.

Originally Posted by jja34-1
Non-FS villa owners...during certain times of the year (paid) access to the pools is available.
ouch. open to all punta mita developments?

vs FS costa rica, FS punta mita has a wider range of accommodations including beachfront, private pools, etc. and less remote than costa rica. on the other hand costa rica is smaller and more private, with rainforest activities.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 24, 2013 at 5:41 pm
Old Oct 15, 2013, 8:45 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Kage is right. I was referring to non FS villas in the greater Punta Mita development. There are FS villas that can be rented and residence club fractional villas as well. These do come with hotel amenities.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 12:47 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
We just got back from FS Punta Mita last night. We found it to be very nice with great service, and, unlike the nearby St. Regis, certainly worth returning to. Comparable in many ways to FS Hualalai, our favorite, though Hualalai may get a slight nod on certain issues.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 3:15 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

How were the greens? How was the pace of play? Did they have any reciprocal benefits with your country club (I guess I'm safe in assuming your a member somewhere with your travel habits to great golf locations)? Thought I'd take a stab even though its a public course.

Planning to go to the STR soon, which, incidentally I find better.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 11:04 am
nnn

Originally Posted by declinespecificinformation
How were the greens? How was the pace of play? Did they have any reciprocal benefits with your country club (I guess I'm safe in assuming your a member somewhere with your travel habits to great golf locations)? Thought I'd take a stab… even though its a public course.

Planning to go to the STR soon, which, incidentally I find better.
Not a country club member, nor an avid golfer, but we do like great resorts.

ETA re: St. Regis PM: We were there in what I believe were its early days. It was Thanksgiving weekend, yet there was almost nobody there. Nonetheless, we thought the hotel had some issues, but now that it has been a few years, perhaps they have worked them out and it is better than it was. Also, we travel with our young children, so our view of a hotel takes into account how it is with kids.

Last edited by nnn; Oct 25, 2013 at 11:14 am
Old Jul 8, 2014, 12:33 pm
nnn

Planning another family trip to FSPM in late August. Again got a nice deal on a suite through our FSPP agent. Hopefully, the weather will not be too heinous!
Old Jul 8, 2014, 5:30 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by nnn
Planning another family trip to FSPM in late August. Again got a nice deal on a suite through our FSPP agent. Hopefully, the weather will not be too heinous!
Have a great time. Last time we were there (been twice) in 2010, the food was disappointing and we felt the suites were a bit dated. We dined at the St. Regis which had much better food in our opinion, so we've only returned to the St. Regis, which felt newer and fresher especially in the suites. Hope the food at the FS has improved for you, but don't be afraid to dine at the St. Regis!
Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:19 pm
nnn

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Have a great time. Last time we were there (been twice) in 2010, the food was disappointing and we felt the suites were a bit dated. We dined at the St. Regis which had much better food in our opinion, so we've only returned to the St. Regis, which felt newer and fresher especially in the suites. Hope the food at the FS has improved for you, but don't be afraid to dine at the St. Regis!
Thanks. We eat most of our dinners in the little town outside the gates. Even better than the FS or the StR IMHO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.